One word of advice to give to your children?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
RJ 17 said:
"Billy, there's three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."
I was hoping for a dicks, pussies and arse holes speech.

OT: Don't eat yellow snow. And especially not brown snow. And don't bother getting into Mel Gibson films. And stay away from Tom Cruise!

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Roggen Bread said:
Lonely Packager said:
On my deathbed? 'Find the purple cheesestick before the tin man descends!'
And then I die. (the joke is that they never find out what the hell I'm talking about)

If they did, you would look pretty damn suprised. If you weren't dead, that is.
Hm, true. Alternatively, I could always say to them something which is supposed to sound like sage advice, but is actually downright dumb/obvious, like: 'Never snort corn'

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much "be true to yourself". Yeah I just don't want him/ her to become something they don't want to be but rather to do it/ be him/ her self.

Roggen Bread

Nov 3, 2010
Lonely Packager said:
Roggen Bread said:
Lonely Packager said:
And then I die. (the joke is that they never find out what the hell I'm talking about)

Hm, true. Alternatively, I could always say to them something which is supposed to sound like sage advice, but is actually downright dumb/obvious, like: 'Never snort corn'
Actually, this is pretty good advise.

Once I was eating a corn-cob. And while eating I had to sneeze. After that I had this corn lodged between mouth and nose.
Then I had to snort corn. Was pretty hard work and quite painful.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Well... I'd assume if I were on my deathbed, my kids would be grown up themselves and would have already lived a lot of their life so any advice would be useless.
But if they were only young (well that's bloody depressing D:) I'd tell them to never doubt their instincts or their heart. I'd tell them the road might be hard but if you do everything that makes you happy (as long as you're not harming anyone else) it'll be worth it.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Roggen Bread said:
Lonely Packager said:
Roggen Bread said:
Lonely Packager said:

Actually, this is pretty good advise.

Once I was eating a corn-cob. And while eating I had to sneeze. After that I had this corn lodged between mouth and nose.
Then I had to snort corn. Was pretty hard work and quite painful.
... Well hot damn, I'm so good at giving advice, I give good advice even when I'm trying not to!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Woodsey said:
RJ 17 said:
"Billy, there's three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."
I was hoping for a dicks, pussies and arse holes speech.

OT: Don't eat yellow snow. And especially not brown snow. And don't bother getting into Mel Gibson films. And stay away from Tom Cruise!
Awwww, being a dick ain't so bad! You see Chuck, there's three types of people in this world: Dicks, Pussies, and Assholes. Now Pussies just want everyone to get along and Dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking anything through. But then you got your Assholes, Chuck. And Assholes just want to shit all over everything. Now, Pussies might get mad at Dicks because Pussies get fucked by Dicks. But Dicks ALSO fuck Assholes, Chuck! And if the Dicks didn't fuck the Assholes, you know what we'd get? We'd get all of our Dicks AND our Pussies all covered in SHIT!

Finale version:
THAT'S RIGHT! WE'RE DICKS! We're wreckless, stupid, arrogant dicks! And the Film Actors Guild......are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole! Now pussies don't like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes....assholes that just want to shit all over everything. Now pussies like to think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick....with some balls. The problem with dicks is that they fuck too much, or fuck when it's not appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But the problem with pussies is that sometimes they get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves! Because pussies are only an inch-and-a-half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world....but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks AND our pussies.......all covered in shit...

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Marujauna's mostly okay, never use any other drug. That includes booze and cigarettes, I don't care if they're legal, they're worse.

And never judge someone for arbitrary things.

And my stash is in the pack of the pantry behind the loose floorboard. Have fun.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
"This world makes no sense, so spend your time wisely and for god's sake be kind because it's the only thing you can do"

I like Kurt Vonnegut.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Don't let the thought of failure stop you from trying.....but do let the thought of physical/financial ruin stop you.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
"Find some way to enjoy what you do, and when you get a job, do what you love. Because if you enjoy what you do, you won't worry so much about being lazy, and if you love your job, then it won't be such a ***** to work." - If I wanted to be serious.

"I have a journal inside the mattress. In it is a key to the cellar. You'll need both for the coming Zombie Apocalypse. The cellar has guns, ammo, Twinkies, Spam, and water, among other things. My journal has my updated Zombie Plan. Pray you never need to use it." - If I wanted to be funny.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Be nice to people. It doesn't matter if they are mean to you, just be nice back. It doesn't matter if it makes people think you are a wimp. Kindness is the most important thing in the world, and don't let anyone make you lose it.