Only 151?

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
New pokemon are just animals with different colored fur and a random element attached to it.

Old pokemon were creatures we could love. That's it.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I bought the first 2 generation games and played the pokemon emerald emulator and I thought all if not most of those pokemon designs were cool. The 4th generation.... look like crap.

Xeno264

Aug 12, 2009
Mediteral said:
SnowCold said:
Mediteral said:
rokkolpo said:
poncho14 said:
Jedamethis said:
Steel Penguins > Turtles
Flaming Monkeys > lizards
I've forgotten what the new grass is, but it's better than a.......thing
The new grass ones a turtle...
yeah a turtle with a tree growing out of his back!?
the cannon was cool but a tree come on.

Torterra Has a large tree and some mini-mountains on it's back, I think it's actually kind of cool
Venasuar is a fucking Dinasuar, beat that.

OT:I like the old ones better, but adding more is always good, and behind the crap of the 4th gen, there are some gems.

So is Torterra. Tortoise anyone? Those are living dinosaurs. Not only is Torterra a dino as well, he has a little eco stystem on his body.

*beaten
Torterra is obviously an ankylosaur.

PrinceoN

Jun 24, 2009
Davic said:
I don't *hate* the new pokemon, but so many of the new one's fail to compare to the originals. An example is Miltank.

Also, it's annoying when anyone retcons something, and to see an awesome, rare pokemon have 3 different evolution/pre-volution stages added to is dissapointing. Who honestly can say that Pichu was an improvement to the game?
*looks at my avatar* i can =(

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
The "golden age" of pokemon was about 1998-2000. During it, the pokemon cards were the biggest part of the craze. Because of Wizards of the Coast's crappy distribution, the 2nd generation cards didn't really become well-distributed in America until the craze was almost over. Because of this, people see the newer generations as inferior ripoffs quickly thrown together to get money. In actuality, the generation 2 games were already out in 1999 in Japan. As for those that hate pokemon after 251, the games aren't really anything that Gold/Silver wasn't. They added a group of pokemon and gameplay additions (such as contests, changable weather, poketch, online trading, poffin stirring, double battles...).

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
A lot of the new ones are simply terrible (ie: magmortar, nosepass, mangazone, etc.

Mediteral

Apr 15, 2009
*Le snip

So is Torterra. Tortoise anyone? Those are living dinosaurs. Not only is Torterra a dino as well, he has a little eco stystem on his body.

*beaten[/quote]

Torterra is obviously an ankylosaur.[/quote]

Exactly

brainiac2

Jun 15, 2008
Generation 3 had some of the best pokemon ever: Sableye, Spinda, Mawile, Blaziken, Grovyle, Mudkipz, Tropius, Manectric, Walrein, Torkoal, Wiscash, most of them, actually.

Generation 4 had decent pokemon, none I particularly love. Though I don't see why people hate Probopass. He's like Mr. Potato Head!

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
I liked the first and second generation and some of the third. After that it was just getting stupid. It's like there not even trying anymore.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I have no quarrel with the newest ones, but the first and second generations were about as much as my feeble memory banks could keep up with =P

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Agreed mate. Plus the new games are so much better. Better graphics, better fighting, better ways of catching, better worlds, better stories, and fuck me, THE BOX SYSTEM, the new games win outright because of the box system alone! The old ones made you save every fucking time you changed in and out and even switching boxes, and fuck you if you tried to catch a legendary and the box you were using was full.

Anyone who says the new ones lack imagination clearly hasn't looked very closely at the originals.

Seel: a fucking seal.
Dewgong: a skinny Dewgong
ekans: a snake
arbok: a bigger snake
pidgey: a pidgeon
pidgeotto and pideot: same as pidgey but bigger
persian: a cat with a curry dot on it's head
butterfree: a butterfly

even the legendarys were just birds with elemental effects drawn on with MS paint.

The new ones actually look good, they're fresh and even the carbon copied ones are all upgrades of the old ones. The old ones are just stale and boring and need to be euthanised.

The new ones are just better.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
the truth is when r/b came out I was like 10. now I am like 20. if I was still ten maybe the new ones would original or not incredibly lame. but alas I am not. and so the new ones suck but the original 151 will always have a place in my heart.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
I adored all the "Director's Cut" versions of each Pokemon Generation (like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum).

I'm only halfway through Platinum, but it's growing on me. The other three I simply adore, each holding separate sentimental values for me (I especially liked Emerald because of the Battle Frontier- Crystal did well to make the Kanto map available after the Elite Four, but I finished that half in a quarter of the time it took me to get through Johto).

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
traceur_ said:
Agreed mate. Plus the new games are so much better. Better graphics, better fighting, better ways of catching, better worlds, better stories, and fuck me, THE BOX SYSTEM, the new games win outright because of the box system alone! The old ones made you save every fucking time you changed in and out and even switching boxes, and fuck you if you tried to catch a legendary and the box you were using was full.

Anyone who says the new ones lack imagination clearly hasn't looked very closely at the originals.

Seel: a fucking seal.
Dewgong: a skinny Dewgong
ekans: a snake
arbok: a bigger snake
pidgey: a pidgeon
pidgeotto and pideot: same as pidgey but bigger
persian: a cat with a curry dot on it's head
butterfree: a butterfly

even the legendarys were just birds with elemental effects drawn on with MS paint.

The new ones actually look good, they're fresh and even the carbon copied ones are all upgrades of the old ones. The old ones are just stale and boring and need to be euthanised.

The new ones are just better.
Thank you. You forgot some, like tenticool/tenticruel (jellyfish), and mankey ( a monkey with a pig nose) and primape (mankey with bracers and different colors).