Open Steamworks Unearths Steam's Summer Sales

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
About friggin' time that we got to hear something about the sale! I was almost starting to get worried that Valve would skip it this year.
CardinalPiggles said:
NightHawk21 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Damnit! I guess I have to buy Skyrim now.
I'd hold out. I got money on it being on sale (at least 33% off when dawngaurd launches on PC).
Might just do that then, thanks for reminding me.
I'm seeing that the "Bethesda Collection" in the list has Skyrim included, and seeing how collections like these usually have a lowered price on top of the discount itself, that might also be worth a look.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Clearing the Eye said:
Little Duck said:
Dammit and I like having money, now I have to lose it all. I hate how much I love you steam.

Clearing the Eye said:
Drinking game: every time someone mentions a wallet in this thread, take a shot.
Wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet.
Oh nice work, asshole. You killed the whole community with alcohol poising. Hope you're happy with yourself :p
Those type of drinking games have an unwritten rules such as each post only count as one wallet.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
This definitely isn't a complete list, it only shows the indie games and the large bundles, there will be much more than this on sale guys.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Different number of games on sale each day. That seems odd to me. I think they would try to keep it consistent.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
MammothBlade said:
Hmm, looking forward to Mount & Blade, Hearts of Iron III, Thief, and maybe more Railworks 3 trains.

Kungfu_Teddybear said:

Some good games in there, ones that I've put off buying. Goddamn it, Valve.
Replace that with a picture of Gabe Newell's rapeface.
Legends say... If you go into a dark bathroom and say Gabe Newell's name 3 times into the mirror... When you turn around there will be a mountain of hats and your wallet will be missing...

On topic now:

To many Indies... The point of these sales are the AAA games... Steam already sells Indies for cheap.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Out of that list I'm seeing:
Lone Survivor
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP
Defcon
Space Chem
Sol Exodus
Eufloria
Civilization collection
Sniper Elite collection
Stardock collection

Sigh. Welp, guess I'm in for a spending spree. :/

Oh well. I can guarantee I'll play all of the games I buy, so it's not like they'll go to waste. Besides, the summer and winter sales save me a fortune on buying gaming gifts for friends and family.

Clearing the Eye said:
Drinking game: every time someone mentions a wallet in this thread, take a shot.
Dear God.....that's a terrible idea. Someone's going to have alcohol poisoning by page two.

Let's do it!! Who's got the shot glasses?

Oh, and wallet.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Expansion on previous post which I forgot I had:

Day 1: I already have most of these and I'm not that interested in DeathSpank, seeing as I have Torchlight already, but as for Lone Survivor...

Day 2: Nothing here, move along.

Day 3: Well, Runner was pretty good, though stupidly hard, and this is coming from an Touhou fan...Maybe Beat will actually let me make mistakes without instantly failing me?

Day 4: Don't need or want to buy anything today.

Day 5: Unfortunately, that's the Ys game I already have - but if Origin goes on sale too...

Day 6: Already own everything I want from this list.

Day 7: Heard about Dredmor but I'm not into roguelikes, and none of the others interest me.

Day 8: Uh...Who?

Day 9: Zeno Clash, huh?

Day 10: Hmm...no.

Day 11: Last day and not much to show for it. Won't get any of these five.

The only bundle that contains anything I'm interested in and don't already have is the Thief bundle and I can't guarantee that they'll all work on Windows 7, the way I can guarantee it with GoG. For that reason, unless there are other things that drop at least a little bit as well, I probably won't spend much until Christmas. Hopefully those are all just the 'super sales' and not all the sales they'll have period.

So my planned grabs so far are Lone Survivor, Bit.Trip Beat and Zeno Clash. Depending on whether those bundle games are all that also go down in price or not, I might nab some other games too, like Ys Origin. Well, summer doesn't continue much longer, Valve - I know about the Valve Time phenomenon but if you could get this out in time last year...

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Can't see this being correct. Theres like no AAA titles on that list.

And if it holds true, well, fuck, that's disappointing. No offense to indie titles, but I've seen so many fucking top down/side scrolling indie games "with a twist" that I've completely lost interest in them. The indie genre is becoming just as stagnant as the FPS genre.
Well, the bundles contain a bunch of AAA stuff - ever wanted New Vegas or Skyrim but thought they were too expensive?

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Wow if that is the real full list then there is nothing that is OMG MUST BUY and only a few things that I have any interest in at all, as I already own most of the (IMO)best games from the list. Also *obligatory comment about wallets*

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Reet72 said:
That's all very well and good but WHEN IS IT? This is really starting to kill me.
There's a rumor it starts on the 12th of July.

OT: Hopefully this list is a hoax because even though I've been itching for a new game for a while now, I'm not at all interested in any of these. Which would mean I've been holding out for the summer sale in vain.
Oh well, I kept it up so far. Might as well wait and see if the day one prediction is correct before I buy something at full price after all.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
There are some things that look good, but I guess I have most of the games I want. I will be getting Batman Arkham City though. Hopefully Assassins Creed Revelations will be on sale too.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
I guess I'll get Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Hydrophobia, and Metro 2033. Might grab Bioshock if it's cheap enough. It's been long enough since I played it last.

I was really hoping to see the Mass Effect trilogy get bundled since I have yet to finish any of them, as well as the Penny Arcade games.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Oh thank the video games gods they're only offering crap and things I already have. My wallet is safe for another year

Jmp_man

Apr 24, 2011
Risingblade said:
Oh thank the video games gods they're only offering crap and things I already have. My wallet is safe for another year
Don't make me laugh...

Here are the games I want:

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox.
Day 3: Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Day 5: Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Day 6: Defcon
Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel
Day 8: Demolition Inc, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey
Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Zeno Clash
Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Eufloria
Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform

- Anno 2070 Pack
- Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
- Bioshock Franchise Pack
- Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
- Strategy First Complete Pack

*Some games were left off because I already have them. ;)

PS: This isn't meant as an attack... I just can't believe you would pass up even one of these deals.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
Legends say... If you go into a dark bathroom and say Gabe Newell's name 3 times into the mirror... When you turn around there will be a mountain of hats and your wallet will be missing...
Gabe Newell...
Gabe Newell...
Gabe Ne... ACK, I can't do it! >.<'

I already have my wallet pretty empty and I already have all the games I was interested in.
Maybe if they discount Dungeon Defenders, I'd may get it, but otherwise, I'm pretty safe... I think... >.>'

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Jmp_man said:
Risingblade said:
Don't make me laugh...

Here are the games I want:

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox.
Day 3: Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Day 5: Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Day 6: Defcon
Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel
Day 8: Demolition Inc, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey
Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Zeno Clash
Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Eufloria
Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform

- Anno 2070 Pack
- Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
- Bioshock Franchise Pack
- Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
- Strategy First Complete Pack

*Some games were left off because I already have them. ;)

PS: This isn't meant as an attack... I just can't believe you would pass up even one of these deals.
You presented a list of games I'm not interested in as well as games I already have hence why I won't be buying this year.