Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - A Serious Baby Tea Review FINISHED!

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
This have splitscreen? I like a real ***** of a game like Flashpoint that me and a friend can get fail at in co op for an entire night.

My brother's in the military, I think we'll try this out next time he gets to visit.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
On the airfield when you're looking for that "AA gun" in the control tower, it's a handheld SAM in a crate on the bottom floor of the building.

Anywho, there is no split-screen play for at least the 360 version, not sure about PS3 since I don't have one, but I'm enjoying this game so far.

As for the set amount of blood in the health system, you can call for your medic to patch you up to perfect health. He'll restore your blood to its full level, as well as repair any limb damage you have. For 360, you bring up the orders menu, go to Tactical, and hit down where it says Medic.

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
I for one bought the game off steam and i must say... i'm very impressed, mainly with the optimisation. I can run OFP:DR on max with no flaws, around 60-70 fps. But when i'm playing ArmA 2 i can barely get aroun 30 on very low.... wtf?!

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Well I am pleased to read your introduction. You stated the fact that Operation Flashpoint is so different than Call of Duty, you can not even compare them.
I have only played the first Call of Duty, and even that game is not similar to Operation Flashpoint. If a reviewer insists on using a common reference, then they need to make sure it is comparable. Call of Duty is not a simulation, and is not a good reference. Except to say how different they are.

Anyway, I read your review, and am pleased you found it a worthy experience. I shall pick up the game myself for PC.

Also, you said "goo" insteag of "Good", here,

So it's a goo idea, when engaging, to order your men to move to cover (Right bumper and up on the D-pad, remember!).

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
The review is finished!
I was able to jump into multiplayer last night, and have added my thoughts on that!
Any comments and feedback are most welcome!

Magical Hans

Dec 10, 2008
Baby Tea said:
As I said earlier, the animations are great. My only gripe about them is when entering vehicles, you don't actually 'enter' the vehicle. You just press 'A' and you teleport inside and into a seat. Same with your squad. You order them to enter, they'll approach and BAAM! They are suddenly and instantly inside. No opening doors, no clamoring inside. It's totally binary. In or out. A little annoying, but not really game breaking.
You know i dont have that problem, i'm pretty sure that in my game, that my squad does have an animation for getting into certain vehicles.
Try it with the Chinese jeep.

(If i'm wrong dont crucify me!)

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I thought about picking it up, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy something so tactical, and the fact they didn't release a demo doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Aug 9, 2009
Maybe I play a different game but OPF:DR is just bad , the graphics are so so , the so called realism dose not exists and lets not talk about dedicated servers. (I'm talking about the PC version which is basically the console one with a mouse )

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
good review man, was wondering whether or not to get the game, definitely will now =)