Opinions you have that most people don't agree with.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I'm not particularly smart. Everyone around me seems to think so just because I can do a little physics. It's rediculous. Just as valid as saying I'm stupid because I have trouble with languages. -.-

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Jungle combat is shit and overdone.
Transformers 2 wasn't awful.
Remakes should be limited to 2 per franchise, or banned entirely.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
My unpopular opinions:

The majority of final fantasy games are rubbish. Of the main series final fantasy games I've played, the only one's I've actually enjoyed are 1, 5, and 6. Of those, the only I actually saw through to the end was 1 (In every other I usually gave up once the difficulty curve turned into a brick wall, I have no patience for grinding), and even then, I found I got less enjoyment out of them than I did out of any of the final fantasy tactics games.

WoW, and by extension most MMORPG's, are incredibly boring, repetitive and unfun. I'd explain why, but I feel Yahtzee's review of it says everything I would want to say and would involve far less typing on my part.

While the DS was a strong, innovative system, the 3DS is an overpriced and ultimately shows Nintendo's decline as an innovator, as the only real innovation is a shortsighted gimmick which feels more like band-wagoning than actual creativity, and I plan to move towards the NGP once it is released.

Apple computer's and products, while good, are overpriced and over-rated.

The majority of people who have a smart-phone do not need a smart phone.

While I am opposed to excessive sequels, I do feel that they are more permissable than some people give them credit for. On that extent, some sequels are in fact superior to the originals in every way. Two examples off the top of my head are Mass Effect 2 (Mass Effect one, while good, had worse writing and more awkward gameplay), and Banjo-Tooie (while the original was quirky, it was short, easy, and not very deep. Banjo-Tooie had more refined, deeper gameplay, was far wittier, had more unique levels, better bosses, was more difficult, and had much more content).

Single player is far more important to most games than multiplayer.

If compared in a vacuum, Poratl 2 is superior to Portal 1.

Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are better than the majority of pop music stars because they both at least have some artistic talent. Many of Gaga's songs actually have meaning if you look deeply enough into them.

Finally, if Kurt Kobain did not die, today he would likely be remembered less fondly than he is today. Furthermore, while I believe Courtney Love did not kill him, she likely was a negative influence which contributed to his self-destructive behaviour.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
I don't hate the Wii. I don't hate a little good waggle either. (WarioWare Smooth Moves, No More Heroes and just a couple others)

Sure, my Wii has a broken disk drive and I'll never buy a new one but I had a ton of fun with it and I'll never hate it.

I do, however, hate the Gamecube a bit. Shitty controller and some of the shittier first party Nintendo titles like Windwaker (water levels are never fun and water overworlds are even less fun), Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine (once again with the water?).
Metroid Prime was great but once again, guess what the shittiest Pikmin were... water Pikmin.

If you grew up with GC, you loved it because you can't argue with memories and you had nothing to compare it to. But I didn't grow up with it so I hated it.

Cameron Starkel

May 25, 2011
I only watch anime with english dubs. This makes me a complete pariah in the community, but I just can't enjoy watching the bottom of the screen while listening to a language I don't understand or care for.

silenthillXD

Nov 18, 2009
1.Please don't kill me but.....I think the uncharted series is awful. Sure it's flash, but it lacks in terms of gameplay. I find the shooting just doesn't work great in an adventure game. And it relies too much on you being accurate so you often run out of ammo and have to run out of cover to get the ammo. Compared to say Gears (No I am not a Microsoft fanboy) it severely lacks in terms of gameplay. Allthough I must admit cutscene/action wise it is above most games, its just the gameplay.
2.Saw the game is acctualy a brilliant survival horror in my opinion, whilst obviously nowhere near the league of say the almighty Silent Hill 2, I thought it managed to get the puzzle system perfect and the clunky combat system worked a ton better than Homecomings combat
3.Mass effect 1 may have acctualy been better than the second one....sure the shooting was better in the second, I liked the variety in weapons, the upgrades and the general RPG-ness of it all.
4. Call of Duty isn't that bad, sure MW2 was dire, in terms of story, awful single-player and general unbalanced multiplayer, but MW1 was acctualy one of the best war shooters out there. `
5. Alone in the dark wasn't too bad. It was failed because it had so many good ideas which could have worked if used correctly and if the game wasn't as action packed and as buggy as it is! Oh and it had epic music XD
6. Final one ^^ Silent Hill origins was amazing! Slightly better than 3 and 4 in my opinion, whilst no way near 2 or 1 it was an addictive and brilliant game! Also homecoming isn't too bad, sure there are some truly awful design choices, but the atmosphere and some of the level designs are just brilliant, Hell descent, The church and the into level are perfect.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
1. Tangled sucked and it was boring.

2. Toy Story 3 was boring the ending is not as sad as everything thinks it is.

3. How to train your Dragon was boring.

4. I did not find Up's Beginning to be sad.

5. I haven't liked Pixar since Toy Story 1.

6. Disney needs to go back to the old style of animation.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
sexbutler said:
Krantos said:
God exists. Jesus was the son/offspring/part or God. The Bible is almost completely wrong.

Beat that.

Christians and Atheists hate me.
But the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to both.
Actually, no.

A cornerstone of my philosophy is that humans are naturally flawed creatures, myself included. Therefore, I acknowledge and accept that it's entirely possible that I'm completely off my rocker. Naturally, I don't think I'm wrong, but my beliefs have stemmed from, and are saturated with, self-doubt.

After all, claiming that I have it right and millions (or even billions) of others are wrong would be a little arrogant don't you think?

The whole superiority thing is actually a problem I have with most modern Christians. I spent enough time around them back in high school that I was able to see that most of them have a distinct sense of being better than non-Christians. Sure a lot of non-Christians have a sense of superiority too, but humility isn't necessarily a key part of their philosophy.

Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors (a social faux pas back then). He also washed the feet of his disciples. I think a lot of Christians forget/don't understand the impact of these actions.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
harmonic said:
Welp, wouldn't be on topic unless it was an unpopular opinion, now would it?

It's like abortion. No one will ever change their mind on the issue, and the debate is always brought down into emotional pandering, in this case about how sucky nuclear weapons are, ignoring all of the important variables, facts, and figures.
Agreed, but I was agreeing with both valid viewpoints. I neglected to mention (not that it needs much saying) that it probably wouldn't be such a historical sorespot if the U.S. political leadership then, and a sizeable amount of U.S. citizens now, downplay events and treat what happened to those 2 large towns' full of innocent people as "trivial", and still attempt to justify the decision to vaporize them as an ethically "black-and-white".

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I detest Will Ferrel. Every character he plays is an immature, selfish, ballbag who deserves to be kicked in the nuts with steel toecaps by someone with very powerful legs. And do you know why he plays them? HE'S TYPECAST BECAUSE THAT'S THE KIND OF PERSON HE IS!
What a colossal shit.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Azurian said:
1. Tangled sucked and it was boring.
2. Toy Story 3 was boring the ending is not as sad as everything thinks it is.
3. How to train your Dragon was boring.
4. I did not find Up's Beginning to be sad.
5. I haven't liked Pixar since Toy Story 1.
6. Disney needs to go back to the old style of animation.
The OP did say to back up your opinions...

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Anchupom said:
The OP did say to back up your opinions...
I haven't been doing this thank you for point that out.

OT: I believe that "I don't find her attractive" is a perfectly acceptable excuse for not wanting to date someone. I keep getting yelled at that I am being superficial and the true beauty is beneath the surface. But I feel that the three most important thing in any relationship is
1. Communication
2. Attraction
3. Sex
Without these a relationship can not survive long term. Physical attraction is more then just looks, it is confidence and for lack of a better word aura. The way someone holds themselves, walks, talks and interacts. If you don't like theses things about someone how can you stand to be around them everyday for the rest of your life?

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I find the term "whore" to be far more offensive in a social/business sense than in a sexual one. For example, calling Jay Leno a whore when he started shilling Doritos is carries far more weight with me than calling Jenna Jameson a whore because she copulates (copulated?) for a living.

I am old :(

XblizzadaX

Nov 8, 2010
SenorNemo said:
Antonin Dvorak, while most often listed as only a footnote under the "nationalism" section in music history texts, was as least as good as Johannes Brahms. Don't get me wrong, I don't think any less of Brahms, but I do think Dvorak doesn't get enough credit.

THIS^

personally, i think Dvorak is one of the greatest composers i've ever listened to :)

let's see, back on topic:

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is the worst piece of writing in existence
I love My Immortal(the fanfiction)
Twilight is a great series but it's ruined by its crazy fanbase
There's still hope for the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise
Sucker Punch was an amazing movie
Friday by Rebecca Black is an amazing song