Order Pizza Through Your PlayStation 3

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Order Pizza Through Your PlayStation 3

Your PS3 may have just gone slim, but Sony does not want you to be.

Papa John's and Sony are now teaming up to bring you pizza delivery right through your PlayStation 3 system. Okay, it doesn't actually get delivered through the PS3, but now you can tally up an order of a few medium 1-toppings with a Cinnapie in-between matches of the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo or when you need a break from building a LittleBigPlanet level.

To place an order with Papa John's through the PS3, all you have to do is click on the Papa John's button after entering the PS3 browser. You are taken right to the Papa John's ordering page [http://www.papajohns.com/playstation/index.shtm], which also currently houses advertisements for Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition, and my most anticipated downloadable game of the whenever-it-is-released: PixelJunk Shooter.

Honestly, I'm more tempted by the ad for PixelJunk Shooter than by the giant Cinnapie on the page. While ordering pizza through my PS3 is something that appeals to me, even though I probably haven't had pizza from a chain in months, I'm not sure that this is all it's cracked up to be. You're basically using the PS3 browser to connect to the Internet, just how you would on a PC.

For something like this, I want a single button that I can push from anywhere during any game that brings me to a unique UI that will let me pick a few items, order them, and have them delivered in less than 30 minutes. Hell, I even want Papa John's to tell me they're waiting outside by sending me a message on my PS3. I know, I want too much, but instead, this is just the same old way of ordering pizza through the Internet along with a few PS3 ads. Maybe it's a step in the right direction towards something more interesting though.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Like, literally through your Playstation 3's disc reader? With wireless connection? Now that's impressive.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
Skratt said:
Jerich0 said:
uppitycracker said:
hmm, if only it wasn't papa johns pizza... i might actually have another use for my ps3.
agreed. i wish it were pizaza hut.
Blasphemy!
Ditto. Papa John's is awesome.

On Topic: Isn't this basically the same as the 360 and Netflix, only with Pizza?
Complete matter of taste, I find it disgusting. But to each their own. And for the on topic bit, it kinda is, but this one feeds you. Making lazy gamers everywhere even lazier.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
looks like they saw that world-changing experiment showing scientists that gamers are fat. mindblowing..

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
If it's food, it's good!

Being a PS3 count's too...But the real winner is the Pizza x]

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
For something like this, I want a single button that I can push from anywhere during any game that brings me to a unique UI that will let me pick a few items, order them, and have them delivered in less than 30 minutes. Hell, I even want Papa John's to tell me they're waiting outside by sending me a message on my PS3. I know, I want too much, but instead, this is just the same old way of ordering pizza through the Internet along with a few PS3 ads. Maybe it's a step in the right direction towards something more interesting though.
This is not a REAL feature, this is just a hotlink to the PS3's web browser only with a crap load more ads that are entirely Sony targeted. Only a few more clicks and you could get to Pizza Hut's web-page or any other home delivery restaurant, or you could just pull out your phone and call them, likely having to sit through less obnoxious advertisements. I fact anybody who is in this forum right now could just open a new tab in their browser and do the exact same thing with any home delivery.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
It's the dream of every lazy, fat gamer who plays 24/7. When the phone isn't good enough, use your PS3!

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
This would be great in a college town like mine if we could apply the "student discount" through the interface as well. I'd actually use it then. Otherwise it's too expensive - I'll stick with frozen pizzas

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
One question. Do they provide pizza made by Lombaxian or Helghan recipes? 'Cause before eating Helghan pizza,you should check it for deadly chemicals and radiation.