Original Character Battle RP Tournament - Anyone want to give it a go?

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm... This is most embarrassing. Yeah, I concede. Between the post-holiday rush at my work, and the several drafts I've started over... And legitimately forgetting that this was a thing for a week. I have not completed my fight on time. I may finish it and post later at some point, but I will concede.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Sorry about the lag on my part. I've been a bit under the weather. I will get the next round brackets and arenas posted tonight.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
New brackets!

tf2godz vs JoJo
Thomas Barnsley vs NewClassic

Your genre in this round is Sword and Sorcery! Think Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja, or Xena Warrior Princess. Where high fantasy tends to take place in a fantasy version of medieval Europe, sword and sorcery often takes place in a milieu more like a fantasy version of ancient Rome or Greece. True, women didn't wear chain mail bikinis in ancient Rome, but that's what makes this fantasy!

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Just so you know, I have a very important piece of uni assessment due on the 31st, so I won't be able to work on my fight until after then. We usually seem to give about a month for writing anyway so hopefully it won't be an issue.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
mshcherbatskaya said:
How are we doing, y'all? Gonna make the deadline?

Yeah, I reckon so.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
?Get your hands off me you mooks? Chris yelled as he was being pulled along in chains. Chris noticed that the chains had some weird enchantment stopping him from breaking out ?What the hell is this about?? Chris demanded

He was brought before a throne room that was made entirely of stone as black as the Abyss, the only light was lava circling around the room. A figure sat on the stone throne...

?Greetings magical being, I Am Lord Atrock. destroyer of Heroes.? The figure then smiled. ?...welcome to your last days.?

?Wow how original?? Chris snarked. ?...is it worth having that edgelord chair seeing as you're sitting on pure molten rock. Must be uncomfortable??

Atrock smiled. ?Oh a snarking one, They?re the funnest to torture.? The murderous maniac than got out of his chair. ?So you?re probably wondering about my deal??

?Not reall??

?I am the dark lord of this dimension, The complete undefeated ruler, for millennium Heroes have tried to stop me and all of them failed, I AM GOD, not a God, I am THE GOD! And soon the entire Multiverse will be mine.?

?Wow your really generic.? Chris said, disinterested in the madman's ramblings. (SLASH!) A spikes went through his leg. ?AHHHHHHH Dick!? Chris yelled at Atrock and I assume also me.

?I?ve told you?? Atrock smarked. ?...the snarky ones are my favorite ones to torture.? Atrock than put his hand on Chris head and pulled him up until he was in eyesight with the 12 foot tall devil.

?I assume there's a reason you didn't kill me you horny bastard.? Chris yelled

?Yes.? Atrock told Chris as he started to crash Chris?s head. ?Tomorrow you're going to be fighting another magical person, who ever wins gets to keep their soul for one more day. magical souls are just delicious.? He than throw Chris onto the floor. ?how about you go meet your opponent.? Just than the two skeleton guards grabbed Chris and started walking out of the room.

?You're still generic!? Chris manage to yell out before the doors of the throne room closed behind him.
--------------------------------

?Their must be a way out of here?? Kosa said looking around in his rat form.

?The moment we escaped one insane god we meet another.? Taiga mumbled to herself as she stare blankly into the lava circling the room to mitigate her boredom and subside her fear.

Just then they heard the door opening the skeleton monstrosities was carrying another monstrosity. ?I have a name.? Chris told me not carry about my writing methods.

Taiga and Kosa were taken aback by Chris as he was thrown into the same cell as them. The skeletons closed the cell door and left the room. ?Um hiAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!? Chris yell as a spear went right through his shoulder ?WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? he yelled at Taiga and I?m guessing me again,

?STAY BACK YOU..YOU MONSTER!? Taiga yelled as pulled the spare out of chris?s shouler and backing up to the other side of the cell.

?Is this the thanks I get for helping you?? Chris said as he grabbed his shoulder.

Taiga looked in confusion. ?What are you talking about?!?

?I was the one who got that nurse for you....? Chris then started to get up. ?...I understand that you're terrified of me but we need to work together to get out of here.?

Taiga simply stood on the other side of the room clenching her spear. ?...why should I trust you??

?Because if you don?t we?re going to die.? chris replined. ?I assume horny told you the same thing as me? knowing that you have three options. Die to me tomorrow, kill me and died the next day or we work together to get out of here.?

Taiga continue to stare Chris and silence. ?Okay, what?s your plan??

Chris simply shook his head ?I don't have one but I?m the master of improvise. Seeing as he's obviously egotist he's going to have us in the big open stadium, we will prolonging a fight until we find an opening to escape.? Chris then sat down. ?Well better get some sleep??

Taiga was tired but she was put refused to let her guard down. ?What if you attack me as I sleep??

Chris smiled. ?Don't worry you have Kosa by your side??

Taiga looked in absolute shock. ?Like the nurse, you can see him? HOW?!?

Chris closed his eyes. ?Well, just like Dave said. I'm an oddity just like you.?

Taiga still kept her spear up, pointing at Chris. she stood there watching Chris for almost an hour. as she became increasingly tired but never outwardly showing it. ?Like he said, I can watch him if you like?? Kosa told taiga, tring to get her to sleep. ?At least I can do??

Taiga lowered her spear. ?Look, I never asked for this life.? Taiga sat down. ?I just want my old life back, No Monsters, no demons, no running away, Just a normal life without fear and alone.? Taiga closed her eyes.

The room became silent, ?Taiga, I will make you happy I promise.? Kosa told her as he lead on her knee.

_________

Are two unfortunate contestants were pulled along in Chains though the halls by some generic skeleton mooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PvCoR4ttR4

They were brought to a Coliseum, like most of the dark castle it was red and black, mostly lit by the lava seeping through the seams. There were rows of seats with skeleton sitting in them. Just across the two contestants stat Horny with gigantic skeleton minion about 20 feet tall by his throne.

In the center of the room there was a giant Arena surrounded by lava. Chris turned at the mook next to him ? I assume that's thAHH!? Chris was interrupted as the skeletons throw him and Taiga into the center. the chains around them slowly disintegrating.

Atrock rose from his throne ?Greetings minions I hope you enjoy the festivities. let the battle begin? he announced as his skeleton Warriors yelled all throughout the stands.

Taiga got up, spear in hand. ?So Monster what?s your plan??

Chris got up, Taiga could see concern on his face. ? stall out and hope for a miracle??

Taiga closed her eyes as she put her head down. ?Hopefully for you that Miracle will come?? She than raise her head and charge at Chris. ?...because either way I'm not going to be the one who dies today!? she charge her spear straight at Chris. The spear went right through his head killing him instantly Chris narrowly Dodge the spear the weapon only grazed his cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlH15l0m7eI

?What the fuck, are you trying to kill me?? Chris yelled at Taiga and I assume me. Look I had to show you had that ability at one point. ?Screw you!.? Chris yelled at me.

?If that Miracle you're talking about doesn't come then one of us is going to die here?? Taiga yelled as she tried to stab chris in the stomach. ?...and I rather not be me.?

Chris dodge the spear by jumping 10 feet away from the cavewoman. ?Okay than?? Chris's hand started to Glow with lightning. ?...no more mr. nice Chris than. ? and with that he fired a lightning bolts straight at Taiga. She wasn't directly hit by the lightning bolt but the shock wave launched her back and sending her flying across the arena and behind some rocks. Chris Lowered his arms. he could hear a voice behind the rocks, it sounded like the gasp of a Dying woman. Chris realize what must have happened ?I will just remind you chose this fight.? Chris said in regret as he walked closer to the rock. ?...you could have been patient you could have trusted me but your paranoia did you in.? He then looked over the rock. ?...I can at least put you out of your?? Chris stop himself. ?...what?? he saw Kosa in his mice form. Making dying sounds

Suddenly a spear went right through his right shoulder. ?Thanks for telling me you could see and hear Kosa.? Said from behind. She then grabbed Chris and throw him, sending him to the edge of the Arena just a few inches from the lava below.

Chris than attempted to get back onto his feet. ?Well that was foolish of me. ? Chris thought to himself as he grabbed his shoulder. ?So your not giving us that opening?? he asked me. Look this tournament is a fight to the death, and I'm the writer here and you're just a character, you either stall out this fight and missed the deadline so you automatically lose and presumably die, or you get this business over with. When you win the fight I have a way to get you out of there. So you don't need to worry. Chris turn his head towards the stadium behind him as the skeletons cheered on the battle. ?I don?t want to be a monster?? Tough shit you were created to be a creepypasta monster but since we started this tournament you've been define my orders. Be a good monster and finish this fight.

Taiga then came up to Chris and pointed her spear at him. ?I'm sorry it has to be like this?? she told chris. ?...any last words??

Chris simply hung his head low and sighed. ?A lot of your troubles seem to stem from accepting the path that was laid out for you?? Chris than with his quick reflexes grabbed her hand holding the spear. ?...That?s no why to live.? he then threw her out of the Arena, she went tumbling down falling into the lava. Chris threw her so far she launched towards the bleachers, stabbing a skeleton minion straight through the head as she landed. Wait? What?. ?Thanks for telling me that ability *****!? he told me as the smug jackass he is.

Taiga was understandably really confused about her situation as she stood atop a skeleton minion. ?I think this is the miracle the monster guy was talking about??

The arena fell silence as all the skeleton Warriors stared at the poor cavewoman. ?You dare defy this tournament! Kill Her!? horny dude yelled out, as the skeletons made a battle cry.

Taiga ready her weapon. ?This is quite a shit miracle.? A group of the skeletons charged at her axes, clubs, and swords in hand.

(ZAAAAAAAAAAP)

Lightning blasted into the crowd blowing a lot of them to pieces. ?Beggars can't be choosers, now returned the favor and help me get to the here.?

?How?? Taiga asked as she try her best to fend off the skeletons.

?Taiga I know something we can use?? Kosa said in a spider form. he was sticking upon this massive pillow that was 50 ft tall.

Lord Atrock looked on in annoyance at his minions as they were getting their asses kicked by a a cavewoman and a guy with a bad skin condition. ?I don't even know why I bother with low-level grunts.? he then looked at his giant skeleton minion.

The Behemoth grab his 10 foot Club ?Yes sir? it said as it jump down.

Taiga stood upon a mountain of bonds holder her weapon in head. ?ANYONE ELSE!? she yelled, breathing profusely.

Kose stare at her ?I've never seen you this wild up??

?I?M THE LORD OF THE ARENA!? She yelled out holding her spear in the air.

?Good job in killing the disposable minions.? Chris interrupted still stuck in the pit. ?...you have a plan to get me out of this right??

Taiga try to compose yourself. ?Right?? she then turn towards the pillar. ?...how do I make this work??

Just than the giant skeleton landed next to her. The 20 feet tall skeleton look down upon the cavewoman. ?You are annoying the master, I?m going to ask you to die now.?

Taiga make what best be described as a oh shit face, as she looked in complete horror at this Behemoth. ?When I said anyone else, I meant I was done for the day.? Taiga lied as she slowly backed away.

?DIE HUMAN WITH YOUR LITTLE GHOST RAT THING!? the skeleton yelled as he banged his Club into the ground. Taiga managed to jump out of the way but was sent flying further into the stands.

?TAIGA!? Chris yelled out. ?Your going to pay for that you hulking Brute!? Chris yelled as he a massive bolt of lightning at the behemoth.

?That tickles? the skeleton said as he paid Chris no mind. The Brute suddenly noticed noise coming from the bleachers, it sound like crawling. ?Like a little bug you crawl to try to get away?? it than lifted up it?s club and slam it down into the chairs but he continued to hear the Crawling noise. ?Lucky little bug? the skeleton then lifted up its club again. ?...but what your kind always fail to understand is that it?s always fruitless.? It continuously slammed the club down on every single place he heard the sound coming from. ?BE A GOOD LITTLE BUG AND JUST DIE!? it yelled slamming its Club straight into the pillar. The Crawling noise stopped. the skeleton smile ?I told you?

Chris looked in horror ?No??

Suddenly the Crawling noise came back but this time coming from his Club, laying on top of his Club was kosa in his spider form. ?It?s a good think you could hear me too.? Kosa said with Glee. ?Anyway thanks for the help.?

Suddenly the skeleton the heard noise of rocks breaking. ?OH NOOOOOOO(CRASH)? it screamed out as the pillar landed directly on top of it. The pillows landing made a decent bridge between the arena and stands.

?Good work.? Chris said as he crossed the bridge. Now let?s leave this place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k

Chris looked around in confusion ?Why is this music playing??

?YOU DARE MAKE A MOCKERY OF MY REALM!? Lord Atrock yelled in fury as a tornado a fire circle around him.

?Okay now it makes sense, ? Chris said nonchalantly as he turned towards Taiga. ?you know that guy is so generic I kind of forgot he existed, anyway let?s run.?

Taiga looking at the nightmarish firestorm than looked back at Chris ?Agree.? they than ran out of the stadium.

They came into large mostly empty room, All that was in it was one portal. ?That's our ticket let?s get out of here.? Chris yelled pulling Taiga along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjOtGgxaX5g

A massive explosion rocked beneath them sending both of them flying in the opposite directions, Chris was flung near the portal and Taiga was launched toward the way they came in. ?YOU WILL NOT LEAVE HERE!? The horny bastard yelled as he emerged from the ground a wall of fire emerging splitting the room in two.

Taiga got up looking at the horny jackass in front of him. ?Crap what are we going to do?? she then noticed that Chris was gone. ?That bastard!? She screamed out as she held out her weapon.

Lord Atrock smiled ?He thinks leaving this Dimension means he's safe. I'll deal with him later?.? He then turned towards the cavewoman ?...but first you. Hahahahaha?

?Wait? someone yelled out. It was Kosa standing directly below the dark lord in his mouse form. ?You want magical power right? She isn?t magic I am. Take me and let her go.?

Taiga looked at Kosa ?Kosa??

?It?s okay Taiga,? Kosa said lowering his head ?You get to live and you can final be alone. Everything you ever wanted.?

Lord Atrock grabbed Kosa, bring him up to his head. ?Seems fair enough, doing all this just to devour normal cavewomen seems hardly worth it but you?? He then upped his mouth. ?...seem like a good bitAHHHHHHHHH? the dark lord screamed as a spear went directly into his left eye, dropping Kosa.

Taiga had stabbed the dark lord ?STAY AWAY FROM HIM YOU MONSTER!?

?YOU *****! YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT.? Lord Atrock screamed as he covering his eye. ?To be fair I wasn't going to hold up my end of the bargain but you wouldn't know that you dumb neanderthal.? He than raised a hand holding a fireball. ?Congratulations you get to die together then. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFEW8GpU_Y

A weird sounds only came from the portal. Lord Atrock turned towards it. ?What in the he...

https://youtu.be/ETfiUYij5UE?t=21

Suddenly a massive train emerged from the portal. Taiga jump out of the way. Lord Atrock was not so lucky. ?WHAT THE FUCAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!? the train slammed directly into him and carrying him on the wild train ride. The train slammed into the wall causing a massive explosion.

Taiga picked herself up. ?Sorry about taking too long?? There stood Chris next to the portal. ?...had to find a train to fit his ego.?

Taiga smiled ?had me worried there.? she then started limping to the portal. Her eyes than lit up in horror. WATCH OUT!?

A demonic hand went right through Chris's chest. ?YOU DARE TRY TO KILL ME!? Lord Atrock yelled sucking the essence out of him. ?YOUR POWERS OUR MINE!? He then throw Chris body to the side. ?Now than where were we?? he said as he looked back at? ?Wait who was that!? Lord Atrock said in confusi? ?Stop mocking me, tell me who you are so I can gut you.?

Taiga and kosa looked in other confusion of what he was yel? ?Explain NOW!? ...well you took Chris's power. ?If there was a soul in him I would have destroyed it. ? I am no soul, I am the writer. ?What?!? I created you and everyone in this story besides Taiga and kosa, I'm borrowing them. ?you...you expect me to believe that?? Chris found out pretty easily I suppose you can as well. ?...No no no no no NO Dammit NOOOOOOO!? you do not control me!? yes I do your entire existence was made just for this one fight, I came up with you in two seconds you are legitimately nothing but a plot device. A plot device that will forever be in my control. ?...ahhahahahahahahahhaAHAHAHAHAHHA! I know one way you can't control me,? he then brought his hands up to his neck. ?NO ONE CONTROLS MY FATE! NO ONE!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCs-6rgO2e8

And with that the dark lord fell down dead.

Taiga and Kosa we're understandably confused what just happened. Taiga than turned her towards Chris's body. ?Monster guy!? she yelled running towards Chris.

Kosa crawled up her leg. ?...Let?s get him out of here.?

Taiga grab Chris, carrying him through the portal.

Chris woke up finding himself in the nursing room. ?What the hell happened?? I hope you're happy you dragged out this whole thing out. ?Whatever you?re probably not going to win anyway.? He then turned his head and saw Taiga sleeping in a chair. ?Glad to see she's fine.?

?Good your awake?? Kosa said sitting on Chris's lap ?I'm happy you're okay and thank you.?

?Sorry to scare you like that?? Chris said knowing how close Kosa came to death.

?It?s okay we?re all oddities, that means we stick together.? Kosa smiled.

?Yeah? Chris said. He then looked at the bandages over the massive hole in his stomach. ?By the way who did they say won??

?It was a hard call since no one even lost but since you technically killed that horny guy with your powers they call you the winner.? Kosa answered

?That good than.? Chris then laid back in his bed, suddenly he got back up. ?Shit I forgot to rescue Duke!? don't worry I'll show you why you don't need to care about that

Duke looked up and replied ?I just wanted to be happy?? then the guillotine came down. The curtains than closed and thunderous Applause echo through the theater. the curtains rose up as all the actors came to bow. ?THANK YOU! THANK YOU!? Duke yelled in excitement. ?Thank you all for coming!?

Up on one of the balconies Cadeyrn sat by his pug. ?This human is fantastic, I stumbled upon one of the greatest actors, writers, and musicians I've ever seen in the Multiverse.? His pug simply looked at him Derpy like. ?He also gave me a great idea, a tournament.I got to do that at one point.?

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Hey guys! So I did finish my uni thing I was working on, but I've been pretty writinged-out since (it was like 60 pages long, absolute monster) so I haven't made much progress with the fight. Are we willing to take a bit longer? Since only Zilla has submitted thus far it seems okay to me.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
mshcherbatskaya said:
How much longer do you all need?
I'm nearly done, so I'm good with whatever you decide.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
[HEADING=1]Taiga vs Chris[/HEADING]​

My name is Chris. I'm a monster. The stuff of your nightmares, and all that. But I'm actually a pretty nice guy when you get to know me, really. But anyway, this is the story of how I won. Get tucked in.

~​

In all her years, Taiga had never seen a place like Antioch. Rows upon rows of low-roofed huts stretched out in every direction. Farmers led their beasts of burden through the crowded streets, whilst children played in the gutters, apparently oblivious to the filth they lived in. Far more people were crowded into a few square miles than she had ever imagined could even live in the entire world. Despite the hubbub, though, there was a certain tension in the air. Few smiled, and fewer laughed.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked a passing man, a sack of grain balanced on one shoulder.

"You haven't heard?"

"No," Taiga said, shaking her head. "We just arrived here."

"A terrible monster has come to live in a cave just outside the city," the passerby explained, indicating at a wooden tag around his neck. "It has an insatiable appetite, and only food it will accept is people!"

I never strictly said that, but carry on.

"So the king decreed that every citizen be given a number, and each evening, one citizen will be selected in a lottery to be offered to the monster the next day. It's worse than that, though."

"How?" Taiga asked.

"The king's only son was chosen in the lottery last night, and was taken to the cave this morning to be eaten!"

Taiga thanked him, and made her way to a quiet side alley. Kosa crawled out of her hood in the form of a brown rat, nibbling her ear.

"What do you reckon then? This monster is the one who we have to fight?"

"It can't be a coincidence, can it?" Taiga replied.

No shit, Sherlock.

They left Antioch by the grand front gate, trekking up a dirt road to the supposed location of the cave. As they got further, Taiga found the path was strewn with animal bones and withered crops, apparently abandoned where they stood.

This is interesting and all, but when are we going to get to the part where I come in?

Eventually, they reached the mouth of the cave. Taiga clutched onto her new spear, whilst Kosa morphed into the shape of a bat, fluttering ahead before returning to perch on her shoulder.

"This way," he said, wrinkling his nose. "I can smell it from here."

They reached an opening, and what Taiga saw made her halt dead in her tracks. A doughy young man, who she assumed must be the crown prince, was tied to a wooden stake. His eyes widened when he saw her, and he became gesturing frantically at the creature beside him.

"You finally got here, Taiga?"

The monster who spoke was humanoid in the broadest sense of the word, but with impossibly long arms and even longer claws. Rather than a face, there was instead only skin, broken only by a void-like mouth filled with row upon row of spiked teeth.

"Let him go!"

"Oh right, I'm getting ahead of myself. It's me, Chris," the monster said. "You don't remember? Oh, I suppose Zilla did send Dave in my place to help with your arrow wound. How's that healing up, anyway?"

"Fine?" Taiga said warily. "Why are you eating the townspeople?"

"You really believed that crap?" Chris said, waving a hand dismissively. "I suppose you?re here to slay me, then?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Oh, come on Taiga. We all know how this story goes," the creature said, affecting a yawn. "The brave heroine slays the monster, rescues the prince, and everyone lives happily ever after. Your writer couldn't think of anything more original?"

Taiga glanced at Kosa, who shrugged. Chris rose above them, widening his gaping maw.

"It's time for me to take over this tale. JoJo, you're out!"

~​

Taiga awoke with the feeling that she had been hit over the head with a large club. She lifted her fingers in front of her, moving each of them in turn to ensure that she was in one piece. They appeared to be in a low-roofed cavern with perfectly smooth, crimson walls. A thin layer of brackish water covered the ground, giving off a faint whiff of overcooked eggs.

"Well, that was weird," Kosa said, still in his bat-form. Taiga nodded, gingerly retrieving her spear from the stinking swamp. The prince, meanwhile, was perched on one of the few dry areas.

"You must carry me, barbarian. My feet are not permitted touch such filthy ground."

"I can't carry you," Taiga said flatly. "I won't carry you."

"Then I'll stay here until a proper rescue party arrives."

"Fine by me." Taiga began to trudge through the water. After a few moments, she heard the prince running to catch up with her.

They continued on through the cavern, the walls slowly contracting around them. Kosa flew ahead, landing on an exposed spot.

"Taiga, feel this!" he exclaimed. Taiga put her bare hands against the wall of the cave, and recoiled as she felt a sudden beat. She put her hands back again, only to feel another.

Burr burr!

"We're... we're inside him!" she breathed.

Took you long enough.

"Surely you jest?" the prince said, his face visibly draining. "How can we be inside? inside that thing?"

"I don't know?" Taiga muttered. At that moment, she heard a roar behind her.

The closest comparison that Taiga could bring for the beast was that it looked like the cross between an engorged snake with the legs of a lizard and the wings of a bat.

"Get back behind me," Taiga barked. The prince hurriedly obeyed. The snake-bat-lizard creature advanced, and Taiga raised her spear in readiness.

When the creature struck, it felt like Taiga had been struck by a whirlwind. Wings and claws rushed past her, raking deep into her left shoulder. She struck back at it, trying to search out its weak spots.

"This way!" Kosa called out. Taiga looked back to see him perched beneath an opening, the prince's feet only visible. She gave the snake-bat-lizard one last kick, before racing to the hole and swinging herself up into it.

The first thing she noticed was that the walls of the funnel were covered in a sticky fluid. With a start, Taiga realised that they were beneath Chris' throat. She scrambled up with her arms and legs outstretched like a spider, only to find herself stuck behind the slowing prince.

"Hurry up!" she muttered. She risked a glance downwards, and saw the gaping maw of the snake-bat-lizard right below them. At that moment, she heard the prince yelp and a second later, his mass barrelled into her, almost knocking her back down again. She felt her grip on the fleshy walls loosening and in desperation, she grabbed onto the prince's left arm.

"Climb over him!" Kosa hissed in her ear. "He's only slowing you down."

"You would say that."

"He isn't wrong, Taiga." Chris' voice seemed to come from above. "You might as well listen to the little guy, you aren't getting rid of him."

~​

"That isn't yours."

Taiga looked up from the fresh deer carcass to see Achak standing before her, a sneer across his bronzed face.

"I caught it," she said.

"Everything in the valley belongs to my father."

"We're not in the valley."

"We are now." Achak stepped closer, until he was nearly pressing his nose against hers. "What are you going to do about it? Ask your little spirit friend for help?"

Taiga's face burned with indignation. Achak picked up the deer carcass, slinging it over his shoulder.

"Thanks for the catch," he added. Taiga reached down to pick up a small pebble, throwing it after him. It struck the back of his head, and he turned to look at her in disgust.

"Wait until Father hears about this."

He turned and began to stride away again. The blood in Taiga's head pounded, and she clenched her fists around her spear.

"Do it!" Kosa whispered in her ear. "Nobody will ever find out!"

It all happened too quickly. Taiga sprinted forward and threw her spear as her father had taught her. While she didn't have the throwing strength of a male hunter, it still shot forward, lancing Achak through the left side of his neck. The man stumbled, and then collapsed like a rag-doll. Taiga watched in growing horror as he writhed, and then fell still.

"What have I done?"

~​

"See, even Chris agrees. You can't just get rid of me!" Kosa exclaimed. "I am you. You need me!"

"Not anymore," Taiga said in a quiet voice, her grip on the prince's arm loosening. "I'm... I'm sorry."

"No, wait!" Kosa cried as he suddenly realised just what she intended to do. But it was too late. Taiga let go of the prince and fell into the creature's outstretched mouth.

So yeah, that's how I won the semi-finals. Pretty neat, huh? I didn't even have to... wait, what do mean she won? That... that's not fair, I saw her die! How can be called victory? I won't go back to not-existence, you can't make me...

Pop!​

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
OK, judges! Looks like we got to the final round a bit early. Chris (tf2godz) vs Taiga (JoJo) - who is your winner?

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
mshcherbatskaya said:
OK, judges! Looks like we got to the final round a bit early. Chris (tf2godz) vs Taiga (JoJo) - who is your winner?
A common theme of procrastinating is usually with these games. anyway would like to see the results. When do think the results will be up?

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
mshcherbatskaya said:
I'm reading through the entries now. I'll give Msh my verdict before the end of the day, and criticisms for the end of the weekend.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
OK you don't need to accept this, but I really liked the idea I had so I thought I'd spend the afternoon just now smashing it out in some form or another. Hope you enjoy :D

The sun blinded Gremlin, seeming for a moment to encompass everything around him. The diminutive man blinked rapidly, shielding his eyes, and the world around him began to clarify.

Once again, he had suddenly appeared in another land. The sky was empty and blue, but for the oppressive sun hanging at high noon above him. The land was just as empty, a vast expanse of rolling dunes in all directions. Like the lonesome sun in the sky, Gremlin was just one isolated point in an endless void of sand. The unflappable Gremlin had lived his entire life in megacities, where any unobstructed view longer than three hundred feet could be legally developed into an advertisement. Never before had he experienced an uninterrupted horizon in every direction. First it shocked him. Then it terrified him. Then it made him dizzy.

"Aw shit," Gremlin wretched, staggering to one side. But the sand gave way under his nimble feet, and sent Gremlin rolling down the side of a dune. He tumbled head over heels, feeling his clothes fill up with gritty sand from every available opening, until he finally slid to a bloated halt at the dune's base. He did not get up.

---

Some hours later, Gremlin awoke to a sensation in his right ear. A leathery scrape, a snuffling. He quickly roused himself to full alertness, but continued to lie still, playing dead. Whatever was sniffing is ear could be hostile. The creature readjusted, and Gremlin caught a kind of flat hoof-like foot entering his field of view. Then a long, full lipped face entered his field of view, its dark eyes inspecting him disinterestedly. It sniffed at Gremlin's eyelid, pulled back lazily, and abruptly spat directly into his face.

Gremlin quickly rolled onto his front and scuttled away from the curious creature, wiping his face. The creature merely stood and watched, almost bored.
"Jackass," muttered Gremlin. "What you even supposed to be? Some kinda horse? No wait, I've seen pictures. You're a camel."
The camel - for it was indeed a camel, with long knobbly legs and a humped back - flapped its lips at the short man and grunted.
"A camel in the desert. Figures."
Gremlin looked around, keeping a wary eye on the camel. Having rolled to the bottom of a ditch between dunes he was experiencing less vertigo, and the sun had moved to late afternoon. He couldn't find any sign of the camel's owner or anything.

"You here by yourself camel?" he asked the camel. "I could use the help. Never been in a desert before."
The camel said and did nothing for a few seconds, then knelt down in the sand. Gremlin cocked his head, taken somewhat aback.
"You serious? Well. I tend to look my gift horses and camels in the mouth, but I want out of this desert so let's just get started."

Gremlin cautiously approached the sitting camel, and hopped astride its humped back. He was almost thrown right back off the camel as it awkwardly rose to its feet, and began to amble off through the desert.

"Good job camel. You need a name... Lester. You can be the new Lester, yeah. Get us out of here Lester."

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI

Gremlin and Lester the camel travelled far across this new and mysterious land. They managed to escape the desert before Gremlin's thirst and heatstroke got too unbearable, and drank deeply from a trickling stream at the base of a wadi. Following this wadi for a couple of days led them to a small village. The village elder was friendly, allowing Gremlin to use his stable for Lester, and inviting him for dinner.

The elder was wise, and had many interesting things to say to Gremlin. Most interesting of all, however, was news of why he had been banished into this desert in the first place.

"There have been rumours, my friend, perhaps even prophecy, that two foreign warriors were sent to this land to engage each other in a fight to the death. This land is to be their arena, and only the victor can return from whence they came. I have heard that one of these warriors is a mighty beast, and the other a dwarf. You must surely be the dwarf warrior they spoke of!"

Gremlin shrugged, gesticulating vaguely with his roasted leg of goat as he chewed on a succulent mouthful.
"Muhybuh ehs meh. I dunnuh..." Gremlin smacked his lips, "I dunno about me being a warrior though. Or a dwarf. But this tournament sort of thing, this isn't the first time it's happened to me. Was at a hospital before. You know hospitals? Is like a tent where the witch doctor lives or whatever."

The elder nodded sagely.
"It sounds to me like the gods are testing your mettle. Gremlin, you must slay this beastly creature, claim your victory! I wish I could help you, but I only know so much. The nearest city is Stonesthroe, a day's ride west of here. Take your camel and go forth. The priests there are very knowledgeable, they will guide you the rest of the way."

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c

The next day, Gremlin set out for Stonesthroe astride his faithful Lester. True to the elder's word, he caught sight of the city walls well before sundown.

The priests of Stonesthroe praised the dwarf warrior upon arrival, inviting him with blessings and benedictions into their humble temple. The high priest solemnly bestowed a tablet upon Gremlin. In its carvings, he claimed, was the prophesy that foretold his battle against the heinous beast GILGAMOC! Gremlin's hands tightened around the tablet, knuckles white. Never before had the small man known an adversary, but in the devilish carvings of the beast - an unholy mixture of man, beast, bird, insect and reptile - the thief of the future saw something worth slaying.

Furthermore, the high priest spake, the pidgenmaster of Stonesthroe had received a letter that morning from the General of Crowheim barracks. His scouts had sighted
the beast Gilgamoc along the coast, a week's journey south. That would be the dwarf warrior's next destination.

The people of Stonesthroe bestowed many gifts upon Gremlin as he left the city gates. Trinkets, rations, a quilted sleeping rolls, precious herbs and spicy, and even a saddle for Lester. The high priest had told them all of Gremlin's holy mission, and they were all to happy to help him along with it, as a chance to have their name footnoted in the annals of history.

Gremlin's journey south proved hazardous, for it was a land in turmoil. The army at Crowheim had been reinforced from the sea to help purge the monsters and lawless barbarians from the southern coast. Gilgamoc had been one such evil, but he'd evaded all of their efforts. In fact, according to the general, no one had seen the man-beast since they'd sent their warning to Stonesthroe. The only lead he had was a series of suspicious attacks that his ships had suffered in recent weeks. The accounts of these attack carried a horror and hysteria that seemed all too familiar, and he speculated that Gilgamoc had taken to the ocean in the form of a sea monster.

The general then struck a deal with Gremlin. He would allow Gremlin passage on the next ship out of Crowheim, and in exchange for the free trip the dwarf warrior would provide protection against the threat of Gilgamoc. Gremlin agreed, under the one condition that his camel Lester be allowed passage as well.

The voyage out to see proved uneventful. The sea monster Gilgamoc never reared its ugly head. The crew speculated that it was afraid of their guardian passenger Gremlin, who they viewed with awe. It was another week until the ship pulled into harbour at its destination; the grand capital city Atolls Alta. As Gremlin led a grateful Lester onto dry land, he was greeted by a troop of stunningly armoured Praetorian guard. They said that the king of Alta requested an audience with the great warrior Gremlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1on_N1R9vc

Gremlin ascended the tiered city of Atolls Alta on the back of his loyal camel Lester, all the way up to the palace quarter at the highest tier. The guards stepped aside and knelt as he passed, welcoming him into the ornate throne room of the great king himself. Gremlin hadn't seen anything so fancy since the Dubai penthouse heist back in his own world.

Gremlin prostrated himself before the king, as his royal chamberlain had advised him before entering, but the king quickly bid him rise. The king stood, cordially inviting Gremlin for a turn around his garden, where they could speak more as equals. Outside he told him that he had been following his quest earnestly since the priests of Stonesthroe had first reported his presence, and he wanted to do his part to bring about the death of vile Gilgamoc. He felt sure that the future of his entire kingdom hung in the balance of their holy rivalry, and that future generations for years to come would know him for his role in the outcome. The king said, therefore, that he had three gifts to bequeath unto the dwarf warrior.

The first, information. The court mystics of Atolls Alta had been working around the clock to divine the location of Gilgamoc based on last month's celestial records, and they had determined that his path had lead out of the ocean and north. By their calculations, Gremlin was currently close on his trail, almost within striking distance. This informed on the king's second gift - the Altantean sword, forged by his ancestors to protect the kingdom of Alta. It had been in the king's lineage for as long as anyone could remember, but now it would serve a greater purpose in the hands of Gremlin, against the greatest enemy the land had ever faced.

Gremlin welcomed these gifts with humility, for he had never imagined that such significance could rest on his low-life shoulders. But when it came to the third and final gift, Gremlin could not accept. For the king had offered him his fastest thoroughbred warhorse to bear him along Gilgamoc's trail, and to accept would be to spurn his greatest ally of all; the simple camel Lester, who had saved him from certain death out in the desert, and born him so far on his eminent quest. The king understood, and said that he would instead sacrifice the horse on the alter of the gods, to confer the most potent possible blessings to the prodigious dwarf warrior.

Gremlin took to the road once more, the Altantean sword swinging at his hip, his faithful Lester bearing him resolutely northwards. He felt deep down in his soul that soon, one way or another, his quest would be concluded.

---

Gremlin was confused. A month ago, he had appeared in a desert, set out and followed a stream to a village, travelled east from there to a city, then south to a barrack, gone by sea to the capital of the whole kingdom, then at last quested north to fulfil his destiny once and for all... And somehow, he was back in the same desert where he'd started.

"Lester, this don't make sense." Gremlin said, scratching his nose as he looked around the no-less-featureless expanse of sand. "A month ago, the mystics at Atoll Whatsit said that Gilgamoc came this way. A month ago, I appeared here. So how did I miss the big horrible monster?"

Lester just stared at Gremlin, impassive as usual. Gremlin kicked a pebble.

"I shoulda seen it Lester. Unless... Some do say it's a changeling. It changed into a sea monster to attack all those ship dinnit? What if I've already seen it, but just don't know it? It coulda been anyone. Coulda been a goat. Coulda been a lizard. Coulda been..."

Gremlin turned around slowly, looking sidelong at Lester once again. The camel flapped its lips lazily.

"No... Lester, not you. Surely."

The camel spat in Gremlin's face.

With a scream of rage, the esteemed dwarf warrior pulled back his right arm and, entirely forgetting about his Altantean sword, punched the camel directly in the face. With a drawn out grunt the camel staggered back on knobbly knees, its lips waggling about its clanking teeth and its dark eyes wild. However, sure enough, Gremlin noticed the crack running down the leathery camel jawline. A crack in what was, in reality, nothing more than a mask.

"NOOOOOO!" Lester wailed, collapsing to his knees in a crisis of gut-wrenching betrayal.

"MYEEEEEEUUUUUU!" Gilgamoc groaned back, rising up on its hind legs and stomping down hard on the diminutive Gremlin. Gilgamoc cantered forward, hoof-like feet clip-clopping up and down on the shrieking little man. Gremlin tried to struggle, but once he was under the vast bulk and thundering footfalls of the not-camel there really wasn't much he could do to get out. After only a couple of minutes of trampling, the mighty dwarf warrior was reduced to a motionless bloodied mound in the sand.

Gilgamoc flapped his lips, now loosened uncomfortably by the mask fracture. That would need repairing, he thought. But otherwise, he continued to reflect as he ambled slowly away from Gremlin's corpse, the last few months had been quite a comprehensive study of the camel.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
I think we can accept Thomas Barnsley's entry. I've been out of town but I will have my verdict on the stories by the end of the week.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
I haven't heard from Khedive yet and I personally am very torn. Tf2godz,you REALLY need to get someone to proofread your stuff. Spellcheck won't catch grammatical errors and will sometimes substitute "pillows" for "pillars" (which was very confusing until I figured out what was going on.) That said, I admired the bravado of your story. JoJo, yours was much better on the technical aspects but it felt a little...safe? Even though I generally prefer more polished prose, I'm going to go with tf2godz on this one because I felt he took more risks. Doc Gnosis also voted for tf2godz so congrats! Tf2godz will be advancing to fight Thomas Barnsley.