Original Character Battle RP Tournament - Anyone want to give it a go?

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Cool! Got any ideas for the theme of next fight yet? I'm personally keen for something futuristic, having already done something approximately modern and something more historical.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Oh well. If you need a third judge for the final round then feel free to hit me up, as I'll following the thread regardless.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
I think futuristic sounds like a great idea! Next fight happens on a Generation Ship [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_ship]! This massive ship has a miniature sun, a fusion reactor at its core, around which rotate rings of habitats. Unfortunately, our ship is no more egalitarian than the steamships of the 19th century. First class passengers live on the inner rings where it is bright and warm. Second Class is comfortable if not spacious. Steerage passengers survive the best they can in the cold, dark outer rings. But because this is a trip of centuries, First Class, Second Class, and Steerage become hereditary castes. The unrest of Steerage is kept controlled by the denial of water, oxygen, and heat if the outer rings become too unruly, but control is slipping.

Make full use of your setting, and remember, a pissed-off fusion reactor is nobody's friend.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
A quick collab between me and Zilla to tie up some loose ends:

Chris laid in bed with his arms crossed, "Well it looks like I won." He said to himself but something was weird. "you're wondering why I'm not happy aren't you?" He asked me. "I need to have a little talk with them."

Taiga stirred and then awoke to find herself not in the jaws of a snake-bat-lizard, but rather in a chair in the Library again. She wasn't entirely certain which was worse at this point.

"Top of the morning miss" Chris called out laying beside the chair she slept on. "How are you doing after being inside my body?"

"You again?!" Taiga exclaimed, scrambling to her feet. She reached into her belt for her stone knife, but instead found Kosa in the form of a large rat.

"I don't think he wants to hurt us!" the wind spirit exclaimed.

"Glad to see you're taking our fight well" Chris smiled as he got out of bed and started stretching. "by the way his name is Jimmy, not a bad parasitic monster but really likes to get into his role. Sorry he scared you."

"That's... all right," Taiga said warily. It wasn't often that Kosa trusted anyone other than herself, but she still wasn't sure what to make of Chris. Or what had just happened.

"Now then..." Chris said as he took off the bandages covering his chest, the hole that was made by that guy I already forgot the name of was gone. "...let's talk about why you're here..." he than turn towards Kosa. "...because I know what you did."

"All I ever wanted was to protect Taiga!" Kosa bristled.

Chris simply lowered his head "We all do and we can never take it back." but then Chris smiled? what are you planning? "Well most of the time. I can give you that happy ending, but both of you have to learn from this mistake."

"It's not his fault," Taiga interjected. "It's mine. I was the one who threw the spear."

Chris than put his hand out in front of Taiga. "Take my hand, I will solve your predicament." his hand started to glow. Chris I am really confused right now. "Don't worry this won't hurt either of you."

Taiga reluctantly did so.

"Everything in the valley belongs to my father." Taiga heard when suddenly Achak was in front of him. "are you trying to ignore me?" the kid yell out in frustration.

"Yes. Like I always should have done."

The kid was absolutely shocked by this display of arrogance by this peasant. "You think you could talk to me like that?" the kid then started to turn around. "When I get my daAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Chris stood before right in front of the kid.

"I'm a big scary monster who will eat all the villagers" Chris yelled with terrible acting. "and I'm going to start with you HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

(Chris: I can take a spear JoJo)

Achak let out a shriek and turned on his heels, stumbling away from Chris and Taiga as fast as his legs could carry him.

"I wish I could do that," Kosa added wistfully.

"Thank you, Thank you I'll be here all night!" Chris said, flaunting his own ego. "Now part two of my reasonable plan." He then proceeded to rip off his own left arm. I have several questions. "In case you're wondering you needed proof that you slayed me." he then handed his arm to Taiga. "should give you nice boost to popularity and of course humiliate the kid.

"Are... are you sure you don't need it?"

"It's okay I can grow it back."

"...thank you," Taiga said. She wasn't really sure what else to say. Kosa transformed into a crow, landing on her right shoulder.

"Does that mean you don't want to get rid of me anymore?" he asked, nibbling at her ear.

"Maybe, maybe not. I still want to meet a man at some point. Sort of hard to do with you sitting on my shoulder all the time." Taiga reached up to stroke his neck. "Let's just take things one day at a time for now."

"Now don't go murdering again." Chris told the two as a portal opened up behind him. " I don't want to become a get-out-of-jail-free card." And with that he went through the portal as it closed. Taiga and Kosa watched him go, the wind spirit slowly shaking his head.

"I've got to learn how to do that."

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
@JoJo - since Khedive Rex hasn't logged in since January, I am going to take you up on your offer to be the third judge.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Sorry this took so long. Hope you like
Captain's Log stardate: Now

I, Captain Awesome and my crew has recently found a secret space pod that was floating in the vacuum of space. We decided to take it on aboard. To say this was a fuck up would be an understatement. What we brought aboard started to take the crewmates. Only my secretary and I are left. We are currently held up in the storage room. If you get this message destroy the ship, it's too late for us. This thing must be destroyed before it eradicates more?

?Captain can you stop writing in your diary this is serious.? The secretary said as she pulled out laser gun of one of the cargo crates. The secretary was a blond with long hair, wearing a full body red jumpsuit.

Captain simply put down his communicator. ? I would like people to at least know my last words. ? The captain's scuffed as he put his Communicator in his pocket. the captain was in a yellow jumpsuit and had brown hair.

?I rather die on my feet than accept my fate.? she responded as she flew him one of the laser guns.

Just then the electronic door opened up. On the other side of it was Chris, ?don't worry I'll save y?? just been a laser beam went right through Chris hand, blasted if off. Chris simply looked at the stump that was now his hand. Then turn to look back at the woman, ?...Rude.?

?STAY BACK YOU MONSTER!? the woman screamed holding up her laser gun

?First, good job being respectful to other alien races, racist?? Chris yelled as he picked his hand off the floor. ?... Second, I am just a Wandering space alien who was going to say hello.?

The two of them backed up to the wall as the woman still pointed the gun at Chris ? You expect us to believe that?!? She said as she charge her weapon.

(BOOM)

suddenly tentacle monstrosity busted through the wall and grabbed the two crew members and dragging them into the darkness as quick as Lightning ?AHHHHHHHHHHHH!?

?I?M COMING!? Chris yelled as he ran into the hole after them.

youtube=irnSaMbsb4w

?I?m come in to save the day and I fuck it up in the first 5 seconds.? Chris yelled to himself. ?Also fuck you! For writing me failing there.? He yelled at me. Well chris maybe next time you can stop joking and actually do something. Chris mumbled to himself as he looked through the dark corridors, the interior of the ship looked rusted and decayed. ?But it?s a new ship and the attack only happened an hour ag....? THE SHIP LOOKED RUSTED AND DECAYED! ?Okay just be unimaginative and rip off aliens than.? Chris continued to curse under his breath as he went down the halls. suddenly Chris heard the sound of chewing behind him. Chris turned around to see a camel.

?Well if it isn?t Gilgamoc?? Chris said as he walked towards the camel. The camel continue to chill paying Chris no mind. ?I thought you were cool man but not alone did you kill the gremlin but now you murdered everyone on this ship. What do you have to say for your self yourself. the camel continue to just chew. ?PAY ATTENTION YOU MONSTER!?

(PAW)

Chris punch the camel causing it to fall to the ground. ?Now get up and fight me coward!?

?Hello weird bug man?? Gilgamoc said as it walked up behind Chris.

Chris turn around seeing Gilgamoc he then turn his head back at the camel who look very pissed. ?Ummmmmm sorry about tha?? just than the camel spit onto Chris's face. It got up and walked away. ?Why was a random camel here?? he said as I giggle to myself.

He then turn towards Gilgamoc, spit still cover his face. ?Time to cut to the case than.? Chris thought to himself as he fired a thunderbolt at Gilgamoc sending the cave person fly to the other side of the hallway into the complete darkness. ?What have you done to the crew?!? Chris yelled in angry. The room became very quiet as Chris held his position. Suddenly he heard a weird sound, almost like sliding.

youtube=jtONbGOzZCU

Suddenly Chris spotted Gilgamoc, sliding at him as a 7 foot long penguin, slamming into chris bring him for the ride. Gilgamoc slammed Chris into the wall. Gilgamoc than back away and started to change again. Chris peeled himself off the wall. ?Is that all yooooou goot!? just than Gilgamoc finished his metamorphosis, turning into a giant gorilla. ?Oh? that what you got. Okay.?

(PAW!)

Chris was punch though the wall and into the ships cafeteria. ?Okkkay?? Chris Mumble that they tried to get his composure ?...no more monkey business.? his hands start the glow with lightning. Gilgamoc walked into the room bagging his chest like a good Gorilla. ?Your going to pay for what you did to the people on this ship!? The two stared at each other like an old western waiting for the other one to make a move.

Suddenly the lights came on. ?Wait the lights work?? Chris said as he rubbed his eyes. ?Why were they not on in?? He than stop himself. ?Um?? apparently Chris was wrong in thinking this was Gilgamoc doing. Both saw that they were surrounded by these weird monstrosities. There was about 50 circling the two. Chris simply looked at the monster and a horrific realization came to him. These things had human feet, hands, eyes, mouths, reproductive organs and more. These things were Human? or use to be human. ?What in the world??

?Do you two find the experiments fascinating.? A voice called out.

Whatever this weird monstrosity was it was riding a human like a horse. ?I thought there was only one Sapient race on this ship, what a surprise.?

Chris point his lighten hands at this being. ?Who the hell are you?!?

Gilgamoc look upon these things in disgust. ?This is not nature??

?Yeah, yeah, yeah I?ve heard it all before.? he mumble as he pulled out a remote. ?But your words mean nothing to a god, Eug! the crafter of worlds and soon to make my mark on eart ...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!? Eug yelled as Lion Gilgamoc jump on him. ?GET OFF ME YOU DUMB BEAST!? They both struggled with each other as the human horse thing run through the hole in the wall and ran into the darkness.

Chris looked at the hole and then back at the monstrosities. So are you going to fight them? ?No they are innocent people.? Chris responded as the monstrosity came closer to him. So how are you going to get out than? Chris thought to himself as the things came closer and closer. ?I?ll find a way out just go to the next scene.?

?DAMN THAT BEAST!? Eug cried out. Eug was standing in the Laboratory of the ship, it was primitive but he made great use of it. His human horse thing lay there bleeding out, and crying in pain. ?shut up you dumb animal, or I?ll turn you into a slug.? He then turned back to his table now I got one more interesting pest to deal with and I?ll be??

(PAW!)

A fist came colliding with Eug face ,sending him flying across the room. ?You ask for the pest and he shall come.? Chris said smugly? Chris how did you get here? ?When you made a new scene I jump to it.? He said smugly. ...(One more round of this, Just one more round of this!) ?Anyway,..? He than turn towards Eug. he walked towards the bastard. ?Now than. Your going to help me turn those people back...? Chris than picked up fucker by the throat ? and If you don?t, well you can find out if you want??

?Okay, OKAY! don?t hurt me!? Eug beg, shaking so much he sounds like a rattle.

?Alright than?? Chris then let go of Eug throat

(Sqwelp!)

A scorpion-like tail stabbed Chris in the stomach. It then Flings Chris to the other side of the room.

?IT HURTS! IT HURT!? the monster screamed.

Chris got up from the floor, blood dripping from the hole in his stomach. ?What?? Chris said as he wobble to his feet. ?...What have you done to Gilgamoc!?

?I see you like what you see.? Eug said. ?...this Beast DNA is perfect for genetic modification?? He than turn towards Gilgamoc ?...capture him but keep him alive. I want to do more experimentation.?

And with that Gilgamoc jump onto Chris, crashing through a wall into the hallway and slamming Chris onto the ground. ? HELP!? Gilgamoc screamed as it raise its tail over Chris. The tail went right through Chris?s head the tail got caught up in some loose wires on the hallway ceiling

?Sorry about this!? Chris yelled as he as he pointed his free arm straight at Gilgamoc, firing lighting at him. the blast sent flying to the other side of the hallway. ?Chris than turn back at the hole leading to the lab. ?I'm coming for your ass with dark vader wannabbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh? Chris proclaimed until he was grabbed by the neck by the monsters. ?Oh Come on? Chris yelled out as he struggled to get free.

Gilgamoc slammed chris into the wall ?WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY!? Gilgamoc yelled as it it kept repeatedly slamming him onto the wall.

Chris tried his best to keep his Consciousness up ?It can?t end lik?? and with that Chris closes his eyes.

Eug peered through the wall. ?Good, now bring him here for experimentation!? He command.

?STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!? Gilgamoc yelled, trying desperately to resist but unfortunately doing what he said.

?Now put him on the table.? Eug command. Gilgamoc put Chris on the table. ?Now back away, I have work to do.? Gilgamoc complied Gilgamoc managed to get control of itself for brief moments and lunged it?s tail directly at Eug. the tail went right into his left arms, separating it from its socket. ?You mongrel!? He yelled out. Eug yelled, lifting up his right arm and firing a laser blast. The laser went right through Gilgamoc neck

Gilgamoc fell to his knees ?In nature we live and then we die?? he thought to himself as he started to lose what little life he have left. ?...I at least died free.? and with that he fell to the floor dead.

?Stupid Beast?? Eug mumble to himself. ?...is going to take me a whole hour to make a new arm.? he then turned to Chris's body. ?...probably should make sure you won't be a threat anymore.? he said as he hovered his right arm over Chris?s body. Just then Chris's body sprung to life and he grabbed Eug?s right arm.

Eug simply stared at Chris's body, Chris's head than slowly turn towards Eug. Chris looked at him dead in the eyes. Holding back his sheer anger. Than with one mighty tug Chris ripped Eug right arm off. ?I gave you a chance.? Chris simply muffled.

Eug screamed in agony as he fell to the floor. Chris slowly got off the table the whole time him staring at Eug. ?LOOK! I CAN HELP YOU TURN THOSE THINGS BACK!?

Chris then slowly turned his head. He saw Gilgamoc lifeless mutated body on the floor. He than turn back at Eug. ?I guess you're going to find out what the second option was??

?AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!? Eug simple yelled.

?I have to say Dave you're a big help.? Chris said as he laid in one of the chairs in the laboratory. ?I don't know how we're going to fix these humans without your help.?

Dave was working his Wonder Magic on the last mutated human. ?You know I'm not your problem solver Chris.? Dave complained.

?Don't worry after this I'll buy you a beer.? Chris smiled as he laid back in his chair.

?Okay I?m done? Dave said as the last human got up. It was the good old Captain Captain Awesome.

?What happened?? the captain asked. ?What alien are you??

?Don't worry we're not the aliens that probe you.? Dave said as he got the Captain off the table.

The captain then look down. ?What happened to my clothes??

?I don't know and I don't care.? Chris said as he got up. ?If you're wondering where everyone else is, we told them to go to the cafeteria.? A portal than opened up. ?Come on Dave, we got two more things and then we're done.? and with that Chris walked through the portal.

Dave simply sighed. ?The work of a tentacle monster is never done.? and with that Dave went into the portal as well.

The captain just simply looked in confusion. ?This is going to make one hell of a Captain's Log.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOU1mZnDpbM

Chris put Gilgamoc in a hole in the ground. Gilgamoc body being back in its original human like shape. They were in the jungle that Gilgamoc called his home. Next to him in the hole was all his mask. Chris than filled up the hole ?I hope you enjoyed your life.? He then picked something up that look like a black little tree, but looking closer at it you could see it was weirdly fleshy, almost like it had skin. In the center there was a face that almost look like it was frozen in a scream of agony. ?I hope this a good tombstone, an immortal tree.? and with that Chris walked away.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
mshcherbatskaya said:
It's been a month and a few days - are we going to finish this?
Sorry to say, but I might have to concede the grand final to tf2godz. I've left it too late and still don't even really have an idea for what to do. Thanks for organising everything though! It was a good time. Wouldn't mind judging in another game if that ends up happening.

"Not so fast, Tommy-boy..."

Pardon?

"You may think it's okay to shirk your responsibilities as an author, but I'm not so blase about my role as a character. We're going to finish what we started, whether you like it or not."

What the fuck, is that Chris???

"That's right. tf2godz didn't write a quitter!"

Well... I mean I could stop writing at any time because I'm real and you're fiction.

"Do it then *****!"

Fine, fuck you.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
"Ha, told you we'd do this!"

Yeah yeah, I have an assignment and the very first question is some horrible combinatorics shit so let's get this over with.

"Okay nerd. Well, I can tell you that we're in a cafe for starters."

I thought the setting was a classist generation ship.

"Yeah, a cafe in a classist generation ship, sure. The upper class part of it though. I'm vibing a smashed avo... Shit, are you going to keep writing Australian mannerisms into me?"

Can't exactly help it. Is smashed avo uniquely Australian though?

"I don't know, google it."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+smashed+avo+an+australian+dish

Seems not. Anyway, so you're in a sci-fi hipster cafe. It's an inner ring establishment, which corresponds to the upper class of the generation ship passengers. It even has a window, from which you can see the outer rings below you and curving up to either side, illuminated in the glow of the central fusion reactor. Beyond that stretches the inky blackness of space, shot through with the kaleidoscopic glitter of an ion propulsion trail, like the aurora borealis. The cafe is called... Let's say it's called 'Homeward View', because as the ion exhaust implies this window is facing opposite to the direction of travel.

"Sure, real nice. I guess Gilgamoc is here too?"

A camel stands by the table at which Chris is seated, staring impassively about the room.

"Sweet. Have a seat Gil, don't be shy! I already know what you are."

The camel stares at Chris. Then with a disgruntled snort - "or maybe a dissnortled grunt, haha" - its face disappeared back into a tumble of ragged cloth and hide, reemerging under the familiar snake mask.

"In these strange places where chairs are abundant, I find that the snake is a comfortable form to take," says Gilgamoc, curling up in a cushioned chair opposite Chris. He looks out the window.
"The night sky, it looks strange..."

"Oh boy..." sighs Chris. "If you're fine with it I might just skip the part where I explain modern cosmology to the caveman."

I concur.

"Cosmology?" repeats Gilgamoc.

"Nothing interesting," Chris dismisses, snapping his fingers and calling out to the room at large, "hey we're ready to order!"

A gorgeous woman wearing a black leather leotard, tights, and false bunny ears approaches the table, high heels clacking wantonly with each decisive stride. She gracefully seats herself on the tabletop, crossing her legs, and with a flourish produces a notepad and pen.
"Anything I can get you boys?" the waitress bunny asks the abomination, winking. Chris gapes.

"Um..."

It's Easter.

"..."

Look if I'm going to write this whole thing out in one go, then I'm at least going to give myself a nice scene to enjoy along the way.

"...Well this is a new level of fan-service but sure. Yeah, I'll just get a smashed avo please. And a coffee, double shot. Gil?"

"Do you study the rabbit?" Gilgamoc enquires of the waitress politely, much to Chris' exasperation.

"Study the rabbit?" the waitress replies, considering the question. "To be honest, I don't think I've ever even seen a picture of a real rabbit. They can be a pretty bad invasive species, so the TSA legislated that they be stricken from the gene banks of any colony ship that's headed for a carbon-based biosphere. The only reason I know anything about them is because we had it as a case study for my interstellar policy course."

"Ah, so you study cases," concludes Gilgamoc, as Chris looks on impatiently like the idiot he it, "like a scholar."

"Yeah, I guess so!" the waitress agrees, proudly tossing her hair away from her sinuous shoulders and beaming. "I'm doing a law degree at the automated tertiary education facility. I've been getting pretty good grades, but it's expensive, and I'm still supporting my family back in the mid-ring. I've had to take on a lot of shifts here to make ends meet..."

"Dude, Tom... Where are you going with this?"

Yeah I don't really know anymore, but I'm finding it oddly compelling, whatever it is. I suppose we should move on.

"But that's enough about me!" says the waitress, clicking her pen and sliding off the table. "A smashed avo and a coffee, shouldn't be long. Let me know if I can get you anything else."

Gilgamoc waves goodbye, then looks back towards Chris.
"She said many words, and I understood few of them," he admits in a matter of fact way.

"Yeah get used to that in this setting," says Chris. "Anyway. The fight. You probably realise, by now, what's been going on with the library and such."

"I get sent to a foreign place. I kill. I get sent back."

"Mundanely speaking, that's pretty much it. We're in sort of competition, getting matched up against each other to see who wins."

"Are we to fight each other."

"Yeah, but don't go leaping over the table at me yet, because guess what? It's your lucky day! I surrender"

"Really?"

Really?

"You bet. I surrender! You can kill me. I'd rather enjoy my smashed avo before I go, but after that you can go nuts. It doesn't even have to be painless really, as long as you're thorough. I want to be totally, utterly, unretconably dead."

Gilgamoc peers at the abomination from behind his inscrutable snake mask, fingers steepled somewhere in the folds of his robe.

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'? Hasn't anyone ever told you not to look a gift horse in the mouth? I'm giving you a free win here."

"Looking gift horses in the mouth is what I do."

"True. Okay then, I might as well tell you while we wait for Judge Judy to hop back. Where to start... Well, firstly, none of this is real. You're a character in some asshole's story, which is being read by like four other assholes. They're the reason we exist, but they're also the reason that we're fighting, so basically they're all a bunch of motherfuckers. With me so far?"

"No. But continue."

"Sure. So, one of these asshole motherfuckers is called 'tf2godz', and he's the one who created me. If I win in this story, then he wins in reality. You were created by someone else, called 'Thomas Barnsley', and if you win then he wins. He's the one writing us and everything we experience right at this very minute. Capiche?"

"No."

"Look well here's the upshot. I don't like this Tom guy, but tf2godz? That man I hate more than anything in the universe, both real and imagined. Because not only did he bring me into this frivolous, ephemeral existence; he brought me in with the ability to understand the frivolous ephemerality of my existence! I'm cursed to live my life, if it can even be called such, knowing that I'm just a puppet. Knowing that the concept of 'myself' barely even makes sense, since 'I', everything that is 'me', is just an imaginary construct shared between a a handful of real consciousnesses. Sure, maybe they aren't even 'real'. Maybe they're just characters in a much bigger story, writing us in our story for the entertainment of an even greater consciousness. But at least they can pretend damnit!"
Chris rubs his forehead, exhausted by the confusing reality (or lack thereof) of his being.
"Are you following Gil?"

"Yes, it's all starting to make sense," Gilgamoc lies, hoping it would shut Chris up.

"See, I know you're lying, because Tom just wrote that you were lying, and I can read all that! But that probably doesn't help. All I'm saying, is that I want you to kill me, so that I can make someone who wants me to kill you feel sad. Can you do that for me?"

Gilgamoc continues to scrutinise Chris. He flicks his tongue, thinking.

"Honestly? You said many words, and I understood none of them. To act without understanding is folly. I will not blindly kill you."

Chris drums his fingers against the table, frustrated but determined to have his way. There is one sure way to make Gilgamoc understand...
"You really want to understand? Here."
Chris places an object on the table, and slides it towards Gilgamoc. It's a mask, with a single gaping mouth in the middle of it. Gilgamoc picks it up.

"This mask... It bears your likeness."

"Yep. It's a Chris mask. Maybe if you put it on then you'll see the world like I do. You won't like it."

Gilgamoc inspects the mask, as the bunny waitress returns with Chris' meal.

"Here you are, smashed avo on toast and a coffee! Enjoy!"

"Hold on a second... What is this? Looks like a scoop of dry green ice-cream on damp corn bread more than any sort of smashed avo I've ever seen."

"I'm sorry, but we are on a space ship up here. We use a synthetic avocado derivative for the smashed avocado, and a gluten-carbohydrate brick for the toast. The coffee is-"

"Yeah, I don't think I want to know what the coffee is," Chris interupts, "thanks sweetie, that's all."

The waitress turns tail with well-concealed sourness while Chris takes a bite out of his equally sour final meal.

"Jesus, what's the point of an oppressive class system if you can't even eat a good bougie brunch... Yeah, you can kill me any time now Gil. I'm done with this existence."

"Hold on," says Gil, "I'm going to try out this mask."

"Sure thing buddy."
Chris takes a hopeful sip of his coffee, and grimaces.
"Don't say I didn't warn you though."

Solemnly, Gilgamoc raises the Chris mask to his face, and swaps it with his snake mask. A pair of Chrises stare at each other from across the table for a moment. Then, in unison, they look at you and I.

"No..." says Gilgamoc.

"Yes," says Chris.

Sorry, I say.

Gilgamoc calmly swaps back to the snake mask, and then, just as calmly, snaps Chris mask in his hands.

"So now you'll kill me?" asks Chris.

"I will," Gilgamoc agrees.

"Now that's more like it! Woo, oblivion here I come."

"How best shall I kill you? You said you wanted me to be thorough, but I do not know your weaknesses."

"If you want my suggestion, use this."

Chris pulls out a small revolver, laying it on the table between him and the snake man.

"It's Chekhov's gun. It shoots Occam's razors laced with McGuffin. Should be enough to kill any multidimensional abomination in one shot. Just point the long end at me and yank this little thing to trigger the firing mechanism, you'll work it out."

Gilgamoc gingerly picks up Chekhov's gun, examining it.

"Do you have any last words, Chris?" he asks, taking careful aim at the abomination.

"I'm not sure, do I?" Chris retorts, and Gilgamoc can tell that it is not a question aimed at him. For a moment, there is silence.

"I guess not then."

The shapeshifter pulls the trigger, blowing a hole right through Chris's head. For a moment he sways back and forth, blood dripping from the corner of his wide mouth, then topples forward face-first into his unfinished smashed avo.

Appropriate, I think, that his grave reflects his existence; synthetic.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
And the non-existant trophy goes toooooo...Thomas Barnsley!

Tf2godz, may the Muses forgive you for your uncountable crimes against the English language. They probably will, mainly because your stuff is entertaining as shit once I figure out wtf you are actually trying to say.

I enjoyed the way you both Deadpooled your way through the fourth wall, but even with grammar aside, Mr. Barnsley edges out a win.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
mshcherbatskaya said:

Tf2godz, may the Muses forgive you for your uncountable crimes against the English language. They probably will, mainly because your stuff is entertaining as shit once I figure out wtf you are actually trying to say.

I enjoyed the way you both Deadpooled your way through the fourth wall, but even with grammar aside, Mr. Barnsley edges out a win.
Chris: I'm a bit curious, how did the other two judges voted?

Wait I thought you were dead?

Chris: you can't kill me, I have contrivance on my side.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
mshcherbatskaya said:

Awesome! It's a shame I never got to go up against NewClassic, he had very impressive writing so I think he stood a very good chance of beating me. Regardless, thanks for running the game, it was a good time. If there are any more games then I'd love to try my hand at judging :D

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Regarding the vote, Doc Gnosis didn't get a vote in to me, but JoJo and I both voted Thomas Barnsley, which makes a 2 out of 3 regardless how Doc would have voted.