Orwell Review - Becoming Big Brother

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Orwell Review - Becoming Big Brother

Orwell is a thought-provoking interactive debate about the politics of privacy and security.

Read Full Article

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
"At no time did it feel like I was playing a game"

Why? It's as much a game as any other. Is it because you aren't running around with a gun shooting things?

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Blood Brain Barrier said:

Why? It's as much a game as any other. Is it because you aren't running around with a gun shooting things?
The clue was hidden in the next sentence:

"The most immediate impression that I had of Orwell was that it at no time felt like a game, but not in a bad way. The menus mimic the appearance of legitimate software that one would use if they were tasked with investigating people."

It felt real.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
StatusNil said:

The clue was hidden in the next sentence:

"The most immediate impression that I had of Orwell was that it at no time felt like a game, but not in a bad way. The menus mimic the appearance of legitimate software that one would use if they were tasked with investigating people."

It felt real.
Ah. So in the same way something like "Sniper Elite" (or whatever - I don't play shooters) doesn't feel like a game because it's too realistic.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Ah. So in the same way something like "Sniper Elite" (or whatever - I don't play shooters) doesn't feel like a game because it's too realistic.
I don't know, not sure if you're supposed to play Sniper Elite crouched in some foliage with a deceptively realistic rifle.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
ive just started playing it myself and i agree with the review especially about it not feeling like a game to the extent it feels like peoples lives are really in your hands and you can destroy someones life in a matter of seconds with a piece of information passed on

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I think this one is parked in my Wishlist somewhere (With ~150 other titles) but not sure if it'll be a priority for a long time. Web Browsing does not sound like gameplay to me.