Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
From a purely pragmatic view: A country celebrating someone's demise isn't good PR. Especially when you're trying to win hearts and minds.

Waykunbayk

Feb 27, 2011
Surely the American way is to allow people to celebrate, and allow people to disapprove of it?

The fact is: not much has changed.
Extremists are driven by seeing international forces interfering in their country, 'accidentally' killing THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS; seeing foreign products and foreign culture prospering in their poverty. (Obviously can't rule out a fucked up home life).

As iconic as bin Laden surely was, he was never the Sole Creator of Terrorism, and it does not die with him.
In fact, that it took the most powerful nation on earth over a decade to locate a single man is suspicious.

theklng

May 1, 2008
spectrenihlus said:
theklng said:
spectrenihlus said:
Wait so I shouldn't be celebrating the death of a man who if given the means would kill every westerner and non muslim if he had the chance? This Kuranda Seyit imo should be investigated for sympathies towards radical islam.

In the meanwhile

Let's party
so you'll party when you kill someone, but you hate it when people from some random church picket at a funeral of an american soldier? hypocrite.

you don't act like a dick just because you've killed your mortal enemy. you understand that what you have done is perhaps the most atrocious thing any human being could do to another: to kill it. have some goddamn respect for the dead.
Wait...

I'm sorry are you saying I should have respect for a man who convinces his followers to crash planes into symbols of my country? Also let's not forget that the september 11th attacks were not the only attacks perpetuated by him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_1997_Luxor_massacre
IF given the chance I would have pulled the trigger myself if capture wasn't available end I would only want him to be captured only for him to stand trial and recieve the death penalty he justly deserves.
i'm saying he isn't a person anymore since he's among the dead now. and as with all other dead people, have some respect by not flaunting your hatred, and stop being a hypocrite in the name of american beliefs. get your act together, son.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.[/quote]

Wait, all I've got to do to get ahead is murder people? You should write a success guide. For the record how is wishing death upon people who celebrate a death (implying they wished the death upon him) any different. By your logic they are no better than him and you're just as bad as both groups.[/quote]

I may wish death but I never went ahead with it, as the value of human life, or any life for that matter is still one worth keeping in the world, however idiotic it may be in my valid opinion.

And even if I did, I assure you it wouldn't be the same as I'd turn myself in for it instead of gloat in a nice suit.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:
It's not celebrating the death of a person, it's celebrating the defeat of an enemy, and this is how humanity reacts to such things. People rejoiced when Hitler died. Italians celebrated Mussolini's death. It's not bunnies and sunshine but that's how people are.

[sub][sub][sub]Captcha: Titanyo science[/sub][/sub][/sub]
If the death of Bin Laden resulted in a an immediate end to the War, then yes.

But there is still a war going on, and Al Queda is hardly a super-organized political party like The Nazis or The Fascist Party. They're not going to just surrender now that their ostensible leader is gone.
Of course they won't it is still a huge blow to them however. This is the guy who founded Al-Qaeda it is a huge demoralizing blow for them.
See, I'm not so sure it's "demoralising".

More like rallying.
For some yes that is true. However their recruitment will most definitely be down now.
Yes and no.

I personally seriously doubt that most of their recruits were joining just to get a chance to meet their hero...
No of course not but we went in killed everyone in that hideout without mercy swiftly and quietly. IF we did that to the head what chance does a lowly new recruit have?
I'll concede that point.

But the point still stands is that at this point, Bin Laden was really just a figurehead in a decentralised organisation.
True but he was also a figurehead for the enemy as well.I now this doesn't end the war bit it is still a major blow to their organization I hope it sent a message to Zawahiri and others of his ilk that the US will find you and you will die.
I think that they've known that for a while. To be fair.
Touche, but they will get theirs. It's just until we find their location and with the advancement of technology nowadays they are running out of places to hide.

Alexlion

May 2, 2011
SNIPERFOX ft. Harry P.Ness said:
Finally they decided to just send some spec ops dudes & kill him instead of bringing him in alive?

finally.

let the americans have some celebration. stopping this is like stopping the russians celebrating ending WW2.
Im not sure celebrating a single mans death is the same as celebrating the enemys surrender.
But let em party, the wars not over i doubt it would ever be that easy but celebrate take any chance you can these days.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
"(The celebrations) are just like the so-called reports by American television of Muslims celebrating after September 11, this is just as bad.
This is a terribly flawed quote. The US responded to an attack on a cultural center that wounded and killed many civilians. They killed off a major figurehead of the group that did this. The Americans are celebrating because they feel safe and I see no problem with that.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
People celebrated when Hitler died. So why can't people celebrate when Osama Bin Laden, a man the western civilisation has been hunting for longer than both world wars, is killed?

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
PixelKing said:
Thats FAIR. Hm.

I think thats true that we shouldn't celebrate a man dying.
It's a fair point that you shouldn't celebrate a person's death. But perhaps celebrating the fall of one of the worst mass murderers of our time?

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Soluncreed said:
TheRealCJ said:
"(The celebrations) are just like the so-called reports by American television of Muslims celebrating after September 11, this is just as bad.
This is a terribly flawed quote. The US responded to an attack on a cultural center that wounded and killed many civilians. They killed off a major figurehead of the group that did this. The Americans are celebrating because they feel safe and I see no problem with that.
Actually I'm getting word that the British SAS did this. I'm pretty sure at this point people are just gonna take as much blame as they can get.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Denariax said:
So lets stoop to that level. That sounds like a great idea!

To quote.

"Let's prove we're better than this mass murderer, by murdering him then having a party to celebrate murdering him."

- America
Murder and killing are not the same thing. The difference is justification. Hitler/Nazis killing innocent Jews, for example, is murder. Jews defending themselves and fighting back is not.

Self Defense is not murder. Osama killed a bunch of innocent people who were minding their own bussiness because he is a bigot. Soldiers killed him because he was murdering innocent people, in order to save lives. The two actions are not equivalent to each other.

Celebrating the fact that someone who is constantly trying to kill innocent people is dead- and that there is now probably less chance of innocent people dying- is not equivalent to celebrating the act of innocent people being murdered.

Defending ourselves from a mass murderder by killing him, and then celebrating the fact that a threat to the lives of innocent people is gone, is not "stooping to that level."

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Denariax said:
So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.

The life of a mass murderer is not equal to that of doctor. Please tell me you are not so naive that you believe that his life could even equal a fraction of just one life he snuffed out of this world.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
theklng said:
i'm saying he isn't a person anymore since he's among the dead now. and as with all other dead people, have some respect by not flaunting your hatred, and stop being a hypocrite in the name of american beliefs. get your act together, son.
So?

He was an asshole!

Why should we respect an asshole, even if he's now dead?

thehype097

Mar 10, 2010
i like how people keep saying celebrating is disrespectful. Do onto others right? I respect those who respect me. why should anyone care if he is disrespected in death? Respect is earned not given. You act like the guy had one slip up and American's are A-holes (We are but we were WAYYY before this, let's face it) for being glad he's gone. Did I miss the Al-Jazera report on the time Bin Laden saved a bus full of children and puppies? I didn't realize he was such a swell guy other than that little aviation faus-pas. Tell you what when I get an e-vite for an Osama's dead party I'll say you're all right.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
RelexCryo said:
Denariax said:
So lets stoop to that level. That sounds like a great idea!

To quote.

"Let's prove we're better than this mass murderer, by murdering him then having a party to celebrate murdering him."

- America
Murder and killing are not the same thing. The difference is justification. Hitler/Nazis killing innocent Jews, for example, is murder. Jews defending themselves and fighting back is not.

Self Defense is not murder. Osama killed a bunch of innocent people who were minding their own bussiness because he is a bigot. Soldiers killed him because he was murdering innocent people, in order to save lives. The two actions are not equivalent to each other.

Celebrating the fact that someone who is constantly trying to kill innocent people is dead- and that there is now probably less chance of innocent people dying- is not equivalent to celebrating the act of innocent people being murdered.

Defending ourselves from a mass murderder by killing him, and then celebrating the fact that a threat to the lives of innocent people is gone, is not "stooping to that level."
The justification is invalid since we basically do the same damn thing for money. People put a blind eye to it all the time. Hypocrites killing hypocrites is in itself not to be laughed at. My point stands.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
thehype097 said:
i like how people keep saying celebrating is disrespectful. Do onto others right? I respect those who respect me. why should anyone care if he is disrespected in death? Respect is earned not given. You act like the guy had one slip up and American's are A-holes (We are but we were WAYYY before this, let's face it) for being glad he's gone. Did I miss the Al-Jazera report on the time Bin Laden saved a bus full of children and puppies? I didn't realize he was such a swell guy other than that little aviation faus-pas. Tell you what when I get an e-vite for an Osama's dead party I'll say you're all right.
Let's not forget that the 9/11 attacks were not the only ones he committed. Not to mention the innumerable attacks committed that were inspired by him without his direct involvement.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.

The life of a mass murderer is not equal to that of doctor. Please tell me you are not so naive that you believe that his life could even equal a fraction of just one life he snuffed out of this world.
If he walks and breathes, yes. Its not naive, its being that person to kick sense into peoples heads before we all walk into battle yelling "aw yeah lets kill me sum forners." And I've heard that before. It's disgusting.

A fraction of the soldiers who went in just went in to kill people. So yeah. I can say what I can say, just as you can celebrate, in my belief, like a hypocrite.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
The death of bin Laden has taken many years and cost millions of dollars to achieve. People have every right to be happy about it.