Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

madrey99

Apr 28, 2011
His death doesn't solve, finish, end, or accomplish anything so I don't see the point in celebrating his death. I just don't see the point.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Denariax said:
So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.
Oh yeah, 'cause being happy that a man who caused quite a lot of pain and hurt to your nation and/or it's citizens is SO TOTALLY EVIL and everyone who did it should be murdered just like the man in question! Wow, man! You make so much sense!

Seriously? Now I agree that we shouldn't be celebrating that much, but still, we've won a battle, let us celebrate the victory.

thehype097

Mar 10, 2010
I think to be safe no one should ever celebrate anything at the risk of offending people who have absolutely nothing to do with the situation they are celebrating. For it is those people who have the most important opinions of all. people should all just sit back and wait for someone else to have something terrible to happen to them so that they can sit in an ivory tower and criticize the reactions of those people despite having no knowledge of how it effect each of them personally.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I didn't much care for it when Somalis under Mohammad Farrah Aidide celebrated over the corpses of American troops... I find I don't much care for Americans doing the equivalent, either.

(Psst. They don't hate you for your freedoms, they hate you for your busted foreign policy [http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/29/wishful_thinking]. Just sayin'.)

-- Steve

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I'm actually in agreement. I was kind of disgusted that people were celebrating the death of Osama. Seems a little over the top to me.

I mean yes, I'm glad that the war is over and people can stop with the "God Bless America" being tattooed onto their foreheads and posted in every bloody shop window I see. Not to mention we can stop sending troops to Iraq and let them get a break.

Oh wait...Libya.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:
It's not celebrating the death of a person, it's celebrating the defeat of an enemy, and this is how humanity reacts to such things. People rejoiced when Hitler died. Italians celebrated Mussolini's death. It's not bunnies and sunshine but that's how people are.

[sub][sub][sub]Captcha: Titanyo science[/sub][/sub][/sub]
If the death of Bin Laden resulted in a an immediate end to the War, then yes.

But there is still a war going on, and Al Queda is hardly a super-organized political party like The Nazis or The Fascist Party. They're not going to just surrender now that their ostensible leader is gone.
Of course they won't it is still a huge blow to them however. This is the guy who founded Al-Qaeda it is a huge demoralizing blow for them.
See, I'm not so sure it's "demoralising".

More like rallying.
For some yes that is true. However their recruitment will most definitely be down now.
Yes and no.

I personally seriously doubt that most of their recruits were joining just to get a chance to meet their hero...
No of course not but we went in killed everyone in that hideout without mercy swiftly and quietly. IF we did that to the head what chance does a lowly new recruit have?
I'll concede that point.

But the point still stands is that at this point, Bin Laden was really just a figurehead in a decentralised organisation.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
thehype097 said:
It's pretty easy to be on the outside looking in and say it's disgusting to celebrate someone paying for their actions with their life. If such an attitude was a dominate one in the world many more people like Bin Laden would be terrorizing the world. When you you lose a family member, a loved one, even an acquaintance to an act you never thought possible. When your way of life is changed to the point where you need to worry about wether or not it's safe to travel or go to work. Then your opinion might carry a bit more weight. People might be celebrating because they feel a loved one is avenged. Maybe they feel safer (though they really aren't) Let them celebrate. Bin Laden wasn't tortured, he wasn't hung in time's square. He committed an act of war on the American's soil and fell as a military leader would have. His body was disposed of in accordance with the laws of his religion. People who were effected by it in any way have a right to react however they like, wether it's stupid to us or not. The man killed people who had nothing to do with anything in his country. They had no control of US policy regarding his country or his religion, they went to work that day and were punished for things beyond their control. The opinion of people who sit at home and present poorly spelled arguments that the American's should've offered him a coffee and a Barbara Walters interview so she can ask what they did wrong are not only ridiculous but ignorant. Celebrate all you want, don't hurt anyone who is innocent and don't bash muslims for the actions of an extremist and there is no problem.
Clearly you're unfamiliar with some of our wildlife here - it IS dangerous to travel or go to work. The dropbears can be very .... unforgiving.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:
It's not celebrating the death of a person, it's celebrating the defeat of an enemy, and this is how humanity reacts to such things. People rejoiced when Hitler died. Italians celebrated Mussolini's death. It's not bunnies and sunshine but that's how people are.

But there is still a war going on, and Al Queda is hardly a super-organized political party like The Nazis or The Fascist Party. They're not going to just surrender now that their ostensible leader is gone.
You think I don't know this?

It's probably not going to change anything, but it's an excuse to feel optimistic, so might as well take it.
Well, yes, I agree.

But for me, "optimism" does not mean "Go out into the street and celebrate". That's the entire point.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
I don't see this as a celebration of a death, but the celebration of an end.

It ended the nagging criticism and mockery that after 10 years of hunting him, he still managed to elude the free world.

It ended the ability of this enemy who during those ten years continued to plot terror across the world and use his massive fortune to fund evil.

It draws to an end an era shadowed by war, terrorism, conspiracy theories, economic depression, and the loss of American principals.

It provides closure to the people who lost someone they loved in New York, Washington, Pennsylvania, London, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Istanbul, Madrid, Yemen, Indonesia, India, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_al-Qaeda_attacks=and countless other places.[/url

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Jonabob87 said:
If your argument is that Bush is a US President then I really don't know what to tell you...
I guess you're attempting to be clever with a snide poke at Bush's unpopularity. Unfortunately for you, yes, he was a US President. For eight years, no less.

Osama is the equivalent to these people. They hate us because of what we've done to them in the past, so they attack and kill 3,000 people.

We retaliate against two middle eastern countries and kill around 20,000 of their civilians. Yet we're still in the right?
They attack you and celebrate, you attack them and celebrate. From your respective perspectives, it could be argued that you're both right.

The dividing line for me is that they deliberately targeted civilians, while civilian casualties as a result of US efforts were largely collateral. Your military could have done a hell of a lot more damage had it been so inclined.

Don't worry, I harbour no illusions of convincing you of anything. But here's the brilliant part: you don't have to celebrate this, so don't. Others are similarly free to express themselves as they desire. That's the beauty of living in the US.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Kortney said:
Boris Goodenough said:
Kortney said:
Afghanistan in 2001 was run by the Taliban. The USA was considered an enemy of the Taliban government.

Not that hard to follow.
He was the leader of Al-Qaeda which worked together with the Taliban government, it's not so hard to follow.
Jesus...

Kortney said:
are no better than the people who were dancing in the streets of Afghanistan after 9/11. Both are celebrating the deaths of enemies of their government.
Afghanis dancing in the streets of Kabul after 9/11 were governed by the Taliban. The Taliban considered the USA and it's people to be enemies.

Therefore Afghanis celebrating 9/11 = people celebrating the deaths of enemies of their government.

Stop trying to pointlessly nitpick.
I apologize, I misread.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
i guess you can view him as this generations hitler or whatever, but i dont care there celebreating,

im always down to par-tay!!

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
spectrenihlus said:
Denariax said:
Am I seriously the only American who punched someone out for celebrating this? God damn people, and I'm asked why I'd rather see it descend into anarchy so I can get the hell out.
Why would you punch someone out for celebrating the death of someone that given the chance would have annihilated you and your family? FIne you don't have to celebrate but don't stop people from celebrating.
Because a death is still a death, and celebrating a death makes me no better than the man who celebrated someone elses.

So yes. They have free will to celebrate what they want, just as I have free will to beat them senseless.
If you are punching someone out right now for the celebration of the death of one of the worst piles of scum that ever walked this earth then you should check yourself. If that thing had the chance he would have killed me, my family, my friends, everyone I have ever met simply because I wasn't a muslim. He has killed innocent men women and children. You don't have to celebrate his death but come on you must understand why others are celebrating. The guy was scum and the world is better off with him gone. The fact that you punched someone out over his behalf makes me want to vomit.
So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.
Do you agree that him gone makes the world a better place, yes or no?
I don't listen to politics. The only reason I know anything about this is because of it being posted here, and that is all that needs to be said. I'm not stopping others from celebrating their own victory, just as I won't be withheld from calling you all just the same as him.

Maybe if people actually looked into it they'd realize quite a lot of the soldier's deaths were made to get oil back to the mainland as a resort for greed made by us; That, being proven by people I know who have actually been in the military and have seen that come back in the gallon.

We murdered for greed, they murdered for religion. It's time long past. Celebrating the endless cycle of idiocy is all you're gonna be doing.

thehype097

Mar 10, 2010
[/quote]

So vomit, and make sure your lung goes out with. I don't care what people in America think as they'd all murder their own just to get ahead in life. Every single person who laughed is no better than him, and in my opinion, should be put out the exact same way. So I will do my 'celebrating' on other people's faces. Continue.[/quote]

Wait, all I've got to do to get ahead is murder people? You should write a success guide. For the record how is wishing death upon people who celebrate a death (implying they wished the death upon him) any different. By your logic they are no better than him and you're just as bad as both groups.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:

Of course they won't it is still a huge blow to them however. This is the guy who founded Al-Qaeda it is a huge demoralizing blow for them.

More like rallying.
For some yes that is true. However their recruitment will most definitely be down now.
Yes and no.

I personally seriously doubt that most of their recruits were joining just to get a chance to meet their hero...
No of course not but we went in killed everyone in that hideout without mercy swiftly and quietly. IF we did that to the head what chance does a lowly new recruit have?
I'll concede that point.

But the point still stands is that at this point, Bin Laden was really just a figurehead in a decentralised organisation.
True but he was also a figurehead for the enemy as well.I now this doesn't end the war bit it is still a major blow to their organization I hope it sent a message to Zawahiri and others of his ilk that the US will find you and you will die.

thehype097

Mar 10, 2010
BlueMage said:
thehype097 said:
It's pretty easy to be on the outside looking in and say it's disgusting to celebrate someone paying for their actions with their life. If such an attitude was a dominate one in the world many more people like Bin Laden would be terrorizing the world. When you you lose a family member, a loved one, even an acquaintance to an act you never thought possible. When your way of life is changed to the point where you need to worry about wether or not it's safe to travel or go to work. Then your opinion might carry a bit more weight. People might be celebrating because they feel a loved one is avenged. Maybe they feel safer (though they really aren't) Let them celebrate. Bin Laden wasn't tortured, he wasn't hung in time's square. He committed an act of war on the American's soil and fell as a military leader would have. His body was disposed of in accordance with the laws of his religion. People who were effected by it in any way have a right to react however they like, wether it's stupid to us or not. The man killed people who had nothing to do with anything in his country. They had no control of US policy regarding his country or his religion, they went to work that day and were punished for things beyond their control. The opinion of people who sit at home and present poorly spelled arguments that the American's should've offered him a coffee and a Barbara Walters interview so she can ask what they did wrong are not only ridiculous but ignorant. Celebrate all you want, don't hurt anyone who is innocent and don't bash muslims for the actions of an extremist and there is no problem.
Clearly you're unfamiliar with some of our wildlife here - it IS dangerous to travel or go to work. The dropbears can be very .... unforgiving.
I am unfamiliar with them but if one attacks and you happen to bring it down with your car and have a beer at lunch to celebrate... I won't be mad at you.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
spectrenihlus said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:

More like rallying.
Yes and no.

I'll concede that point.

True but he was also a figurehead for the enemy as well.I now this doesn't end the war bit it is still a major blow to their organization I hope it sent a message to Zawahiri and others of his ilk that the US will find you and you will die.
I think that they've known that for a while. To be fair.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:
TheRealCJ said:
Necromancer Jim said:

You think I don't know this?

It's probably not going to change anything, but it's an excuse to feel optimistic, so might as well take it.
Well, yes, I agree.

But for me, "optimism" does not mean "Go out into the street and celebrate". That's the entire point.
I haven't seen anyone out on the street celebrating, but I can assure you of one thing:

Most of those people are idiots.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:
I have to agree, it is rather disrespectful

That said, he had it coming.
So what if it is disrespectful he had it coming and frankly deserves much worse.