Oslo Murders Lead to Calls For Game Bans in Australia

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Wait! All these Christians picked up from this terrorist attack was that games made him do it? That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. He's a lunatic. Are Al Qaeda members training on games? They probably don't know what CoD is. If something should be banned it's religion. Dumb religious shits.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Dear God, my predictability meter doesn't even have a scale for things so predictable. This is a whole 'nother level of clairvoyance and transparency...

We must go deeper.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Absolutionis said:
A Christian Group is calling for the bannings of video games because a fundamentalist Christian commit an act of terror upon Muslims?

I don't understand.
This.

Also couple it with the fact that the same Christian (by default a right-wing Conservative) attacked a right-wing Conservative party.

Nothing of this makes sense at all.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Screw this Australian Christian Lobby... They're trying to blame many people's pastimes for what a crazed Christian Extremist ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD did to innocent people...
Going by their logic, they should also ban religion. I'd be okay with that, religion is irrelevant and causes more trouble than good today. <--- and that's what they say about videogames.

Here's my message to them:

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
lots of "ban Christianity" posts here, it just go's to show that we are such a witty group off people i guess....... srsly, can we have a grown up conversation about this with out everyone trying to sound clever?

(Edit) oh look at that another witty person above me

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
BrunDeign said:
zabour said:
The man was a christian and said that he had created an army of Christians. He stated that this was a "crusade".

Christianity had a far bigger role, why not ban it instead of games?
Why don't you try to not be an a-hole and have an actual discussion about a tragedy and these assumptions that are sprouting up because of it instead of making stupid quips? Don't be so disrespectful. Also that man is no Christian. A true Christian wouldn't do such stupid and heartless things.
You're completely missing his point. What he's demonstrating is how stupid their own argument is, (I assume) not actually calling for a ban of Christianity. Satire, learn it.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Once again, Australian politics proves it's incompetence in the area of videogames, and the people with the good educations speak out against the anti-videogame movement with research and logic.

Of course, this will probably be ignored, as research and logic don't matter to politicians.

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Wow...I have a better idea, since the madman in question is a Christian who hates Muslims (we know that, we don't know if he played videogames though) and well, considering history, maybe we shuould BAN CHRISTIANITY!!!

I think you can find more murders tied to religion than to videogames. Hey...I'm just following this association's logic.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
In the past few months there have been two mentally ill people who have gone on rampages, and both were part of far right movements. Is this an inherent part of conservative ideology? Absolutely not, that's as ridiculous as blaming this on gaming.

However it would be nice to see groups like the Tea Party and the Progress Party tone down their rhetoric and acknowledge that whipping their followers into a frothing rage may have affected Jared Lee Loughner and Anders Behring Breivik. Again, I don't believe their ideology made these people mentally ill, but I do think their actions are influential, and problematically so. I think members of these groups, and groups like them, should tone down the rampant hostility they've been using to feed their movement.

A mentally ill person could latch onto anything and have it influence horrible actions, I wouldn't want these individuals to play Manhunt either. Gaming has restrictions to prevent children from getting a hold of violent video games, there is nothing stopping these political activists (and in fact quite a number are extremely proud about involving their children in very hateful rallies). I am not asking for any legislative restriction, but I think these groups should consider what affect they are having.

It is of course terribly ironic that many of the people blaming computer games belong to, or are similarly inclined, to these hostile groups on the far right.

KimonoBoxFox

Jun 1, 2011
"Saul has slain his thousands, and David his Ten-Thousands."

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Watch what you uphold as truth--it comes back to bite you in the ass, sooner or later.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
"The bigger concern is his history of active hunting, with high powered weapons, rather than his playing computer games."
I can certainly see y a tiny detail like that can be missed.

/sarcasm

William Keller

Jul 25, 2011
Games get banned in Australia.
People have to urinate regularly.
In order to speak one must open one's mouth.

I have nothing against Australians, yet I think that the phenomenon of games getting banned there is definitely not a new one. The logic of some people is simply devious.

I mean, do you see what is going on here?
Violence is all around us because of our social (and perhaps inherent human) flaws, and it is the DUTY of the state to protect us from it. But, wait, wait, wait, there is an easier way: blame video games. That way, in their altruistic urges to "protect the youth from the new digital violent uprising" nobody will look down on the politicians, will they?

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
The man was also a Christian: lets ban religion!
The man was also a Norse: lets ban Norway!
The man was also Blond: lets ban Blond People
The man was also a Idiot: Lets ban idiots!
you get my point

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
Fuck it I'm Out of this fuck hole of a country, to much unjust reasons to ban things, they complain that shops arnt making enuff money to help the enonamy and they keep puling shit like this, we have to have the most blanketed society in the world.

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
Grospoliner said:
Absolutionis said:
A Christian Group is calling for the bannings of video games because a fundamentalist Christian commit an act of terror upon Muslims?

I don't understand.
It's the same sneaky little tactic that fundamentalist Muslims try to use when divorcing themselves from extremists, they try to find another source to blame besides the hateful dogma and rhetoric they spout.

i believe the word your looking for is EXTREMIST muslims. fundamentalist Muslims are the good guys, they are the ones sitting in a cafe reading a book minding there own business and not thinking of how to blow up people.