Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
What are opinions of other people you encounter in your life that you can't bring yourself to say "well I'll just have to accept it" and instead flat out REFUSE to see how anyone could think that way?

Lemme just go ahead and BAR the easy ones like racism and also any that are political or religious (go to Religion and Politics for that shit).

And please, let's keep it civil here. Let's pretend our caps lock keys don't exist in this thread. :p

For me:

That Dominos is ever an acceptable place to get pizza from if there are other options. Don't even bother telling me you like Dominos, because that's incorrect. Dominos is inferior to just about every pizza place I've ever been to barring one or two. It's... edible I guess, but I don't care if it's a couple bucks cheaper, I will always be willing to pay a few bucks more for pizza that isn't shit. Their buffalo wings are awful too. Dry and over-breaded and lacking on sauce. Bleck. I will never accept that anyone considers Dominos to be worthwhile, and nothing anyone can say will convince me to do so.

EDIT: Changed the title to be more clear.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Domino's pizza is shit?!
Agree with that. Then again, I don't like most fast-food restaurants anyways.

OT:
"I love Nirvana" - Someone
"Good for you, I don't. I think they are terrible. I can't think of any song they have done except for Smells Like Teen Spirit. And even then it's the only thing I do hear from them."

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I swear we get one of these threads every now and again...usually turns ugly, eh I'll vent anyhow

-indie games are not the shining beacon of brilliance they are made out to be

-if someone says something along the lines of "hey man! I'm just honest, I tend to speak my mind and that riles people up" <- actually you probably rile people up because you are an ass, that or you don't have anything actually interesting to say

- "its ok because survival of the fittest/ its nature" <- your a fucking idiot

- "oh you like that? but x and y are shit!
"I don't care..."
"......STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!" <- I get the feeling people are like that sometimes

- oh, you agree with yahtzee 100% of every single game..word for word? I guess that makes you like...really clever and stuff/sarcasm

- similar to the "survival of the fittest" thing, any believe or sentiment that imply s society should go "backwards" <- no freaking way

- " I'm really smart! I have really edgy veiws! I know all the probelms! everything would be solved if people just did x!"<- said by somone who is 19....granted that's hypocritical of me but at least I try and be somewhat self aware about it... sometimes

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
-I really liked the romances in Dragon Age 1 and 2, but found the ones in Mass Effect completely uninteresting.

That's all I can think of right now.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Vault101 said:
I swear we get one of these threads every now and again...usually turns ugly, eh I'll vent anyhow

-indie games are not the shining beacon of brilliance they are made out to be

-if someone says something along the lines of "hey man! I'm just honest, I tend to speak my mind and that riles people up" <- actually you probably rile people up because you are an ass, that or you don't have anything actually interesting to say

- "its ok because survival of the fittest/ its nature" <- your a fucking idiot

- "oh you like that? but x and y are shit!
"I don't care..."
"......STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!" <- I get the feeling people are like that sometimes

- oh, you agree with yahtzee 100% of every single game..word for word? I guess that makes you like...really clever and stuff/sarcasm

- similar to the "survival of the fittest" thing, any believe or sentiment that imply s society should go "backwards" <- no freaking way

- " I'm really smart! I have really edgy veiws! I know all the probelms! everything would be solved if people just did x!"<- said by somone who is 19....granted that's hypocritical of me but at least I try and be somewhat self aware about it... sometimes
Hey now some indie games are pretty awesome. Not godlike though but still outshines most of the tripleA games on the market.

Like.....Braid or Limbo or Bastion, or so ive heard. Still gotta play that game......

Hmmm...gives me an idea....

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Internet memes are not an accepted form of speech.
Fast Food burgers are not food.
EA is not the devil.
Corporations are not inherently evil.
Democracy isn't necessarily good.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I still remember a certain someone (I can hold a grude for a while) on here telling me that it's perfectly ok to like chubby and muscular fanarts of a anime or game characters just because I state I didn't like it (it was a thread about saying something you are against with).
Sure I question those who like or draw it but it's still their business so I keep my disgust of it to myself (sure I hate it but I don't go trolling to those who are into it) there so there is no way in hell you're going to get me to change my mind on that matter.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Dare I say it?
I hate alcohol and cigarettes. I guess a lot of it it comes with the job but really drunk people are mostly obnoxious and I want to punch them in the face, not to mention I haven't found any alcoholic beverage that I can even stand the taste of anyway. For the life of me I can't see any appeal in deliberately getting completely pissed. You lose the ability to even walk straight but at the same time think you're the most important person in history.
And I despise the smell of cigarettes and how it's constantly blown in my face because every Tom, Dick and Harry smokes in this damn country (42% of over 15y, second only to Greece with 43%, EU-wide).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Luftwaffles said:
Hey now some indie games are pretty awesome. Not godlike though but still outshines most of the tripleA games on the market.

Like.....Braid or Limbo or Bastion, or so ive heard. Still gotta play that game......

I think I'd take alot of AAA games over braid or limbo...Bastion however I am dying to play

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Vault101 said:
Luftwaffles said:

I think I'd take alot of AAA games over braid or limbo...Bastion however I am dying to play
Ah well, different strokes. Only indie games i really enjoyed are those 2. Regarding bastion.....keep an eye on gaming.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks.
-How I meet your mother
-Firefly
-Friends
-The Walking Dead
I can't think of many others on the spot but what do you think of those?

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Ugh, a Domino's opened like half a kilometre away from me a couple of weeks back and now my family keeps wanting to get that instead of Eagle Boy's (Australian pizza chain). I keep telling them that Domino's tastes like if a crap could crap but they refuse to accept it.

Olie Warr

Mar 24, 2012
Manchester United is not a 'real' team I dont care what people say I hate them so much....
Bastards who tell me Coventry are shit because their not in the premier league.
People who say hockeys is for girls and rugbys for gays.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Cat's are the cutest things on the internet
No! They are repulsive little creatures that do nothing but infest our good neighborhoods with their filth!

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
TopazFusion said:
I'm a little confused by this thread, since the OP clearly states . . .
Jack the Potato said:
What are opinions of other people you encounter in your life
. . . and yet it looks like people are posting their own opinions.

But whatever . . .

One thing I'd like to say; why all the hate for Dominoes?
The Dominoes we have here is actually pretty good.

Any pizza place is still far superior to Dominos here

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
WTF Domino's is awesome...

I can't stand people who have an irrational hatred of corporations (because once you issue stock, you're automatically evil). Sure, sometimes they're not overly concerned with altruism, but then why does anyone work? To make money. That doesn't make them evil. And why SHOULDN'T they have some tax breaks? They only employ almost everybody, and if their tax rate is lower then their costs are lower and they can employ more people! Everybody wins! Speaking of people who like being unemployed...

Those Occupy douchebags are even worse. They say they want jobs, but they don't bother to look for one, and even when they're offered a job, they refuse unless the get an inflated salary, health benefits, dental coverage, so many vacation days... it's sickening.