Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
anthony87 said:
Good lord that Design the Skyline thing has got to be one of the worst things I've ever heard. Top spot on that list still goes to these guys:
Snip the baaaaad song.

But it's close.......really really close.

OT: People who believe that abortion is wrong and refuse to think otherwise. They're wrong, I don't care what anyone says. They're just wrong.
Oh man, I had completely forgotten about those guys too. That was actually linked on Page 4 of the thread I fished through for Design The Skyline. To quote myself on the topic of that song:
shrekfan246 said:
So I listened to that song, or about half of it, and the only thing I could think the entire time was "How can they still sound so badly through all of that autotune?"
And I agree with your OT part.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
"I love him/her"
Congratulations, you're a teenager, with a head of ideals and a romantic view of your life in the future, which will most likely be spent in a cruel divorce or break-up before your next one in the couple months.
Whether it be the cruel and cynical part of me that judges people negatively, I think negatively of those who seem blindly in love with fellow idiots--the world does need its uplifting parts, but you throw yourselves into the arms of another, who shall only let you down. If the only strength that allows you to stand daily is from another, you are weak.
I was weak once, and I had no one to stand with. So what did I do? I found myself, and strengthened my soul behind the cage of iron that is reality. Your love has little place for the cruelties of this world, and I shall spare little to no pity for your departure.

(I guess ferocity I speak comes from watching the final two episodes of season 2 of Game of Thrones, or listening to Rains of Castemere.)

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
As for others' opinions, I hate people who generalize metal as Screamo or Death Metal. Listen to Machinae Supremacy or Tool and you'll know how varied metal can be.

As for my own - and I know I'm gonna be bashed for this - but I'm not very cynical and I like things in general.

ALSO I FIND THE DOLAN MEMES HILARIOUS.

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
SteakHeart said:
As for others' opinions, I hate people who generalize metal as Screamo or Death Metal. Listen to Machinae Supremacy or Tool and you'll know how varied metal can be.
This pisses me off to no end. I hate people generalizing things they've never properly listened to.

My own? I cannot find coloured people attractive. It sounds racist but it really isn't I just don't have any attraction to them.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
PieBrotherTB said:
Queen Michael said:
I hate that quote, mostly because it does matter what you read. Why read crap like Twilight when there's things like The Wheel of Time (though that got dry, Sanderson made it more lively), The Dresden Files, Star Carrier, etc..
"Don't read what you want, read what I want you to!"

No.

Let people read Twilight if they want to.
Hey, don't quote Cobelo and then format it to make it look like his opinion are mine, dude. I've never even read The Wheel of Time, and the Dresden Files didn't interest me all that much. Just not my thing, I guess. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I didn't post any of the things that you quote me as posting.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
BOOM headshot65 said:
9)I dont care if you are athiest, just dont bash us who believe in God for believing, because you are doing LITERALLY the same thing that you complain about hard-core thiest doing.
So if I bash somebody for believing in God (which I actually never do, but anyway) then I'm claiming that this person will go to Hell for being an atheist? Either you think that's the case, or you should stop misusing the word "literally."

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Frission said:
You did say that you were going to get hate mail for the list. You must have some degree of self awareness or ability to see what might offend right? You can pick and choose any one of them. The part about class warfare,women and union could be damaging if implemented. Then there's the part about Mitt Romney which is my pet peeve.
I said I was going to get hate mail because those are rather unpopular opinions on here, but perfectly acceptable where I live. Also, I dont see the class warfare, women, and union things as damaging. Heck, The get rid of unions (or at least, make them less powerful) would actually be HELPFUL.

Also, the Romney thing was just a side note. If he loses in November, sure, I will be mad, but its not one of my unchangeable opinions. However, the belief that the Tea party will be gone when Obama leaves, weather that be 2012 or 2016, is.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Queen Michael said:
BOOM headshot65 said:
9)I dont care if you are athiest, just dont bash us who believe in God for believing, because you are doing LITERALLY the same thing that you complain about hard-core thiest doing.
So if I bash somebody for believing in God (which I actually never do, but anyway) then I'm claiming that this person will go to Hell for being an atheist? Either you think that's the case, or you should stop misusing the word "literally."
No, what I complain about is the athiest who are basically "The fact you have a religion makes you backward and stupid. You should give up your silly beliefs and become smarter with atheism." Just change afew words and you get "The fact you have a hethen religion makes you backward and stupid. You should give up your beliefs and become better with our religion." I have not problem with what you believe, just DONT try to convert people. Let them convert on thier own free will if they so choose.

Raptorace18

Dec 3, 2009
The notion that you have to just afford your parents respect simply due to there status as father or mother.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Ix Rebound said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks.
-How I meet your mother
-Firefly
-Friends
-The Walking Dead
I can't think of many others on the spot but what do you think of those?
How I Met Your Mother is not for me.

Firefly is unfinished. It was cancelled because no one watched it. It is not coming back in any form outside of comic books because not enough people care about the show to bring it back. If Whedon spent more time writing a coherent story and less time throwing shit on the wall, it would have done better.

Friends needed to end sooner.

Walking Dead is better when it's more about zombie killing and less character drama.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Two
- that gay marriage is wrong. i don't see how it's radically going to define marriage. I just cannot (note; not "don't" or "won't") understand people's resistance to it. It utterly baffles and enrages me.

- Most republican ideals. All the anti-union, anti-environment, anti-government regulation, anti-anything that challenges the status quo. the status quo is shit and needs to be revised every decade or so. also i like driving on roads, and walking on sidewalks, I also don't mind having police officers and firefighters, and an army to defend my country, so you know i don't mind paying taxes.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Text speak is acceptable anywhere outside of text messages.
Knowing proper spelling and grammar is overrated.

Fucking high school students/graduates. I heard that more than once this past weekend when I was chaperoning some high school trips with my mum.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Matthew94 said:
No one watched it as the episodes were shown in the wrong order which made the plot impossible to follow.

The movie finished it up nicely I thought.
Yeah, cop out explanation that only serves to placate Whedonites and browncoats. SciFi showed it in the correct order and no one watched while it was on. All that explanation does is shift blame from the real culprit, Joss Whedon, to the Network, whose only crime is putting the show on in the first place. Spare me the Executive meddling line, please. Great shows have survived executive meddling better than Firefly did.

If the show had a stronger foundation, then the order would not matter. That is solely the fault of the writer. You can't blame that on the network or the viewers. Whedon did not do enough work pre production to make it a complete universe. The Buffy plan of make this up as we go along only on networks starving for ratings.

Before you say, "well how can he commit to doing that much work on the show if he could not get support from the executives," the answer is he should have done it anyway. He should have built a lot more of the universe than he did before even getting to the pitching stage. Had he done that, the show would have found an audience sooner.

Sorry, but that's the reality. If a show feels like it has no idea where it wants to go, the audience will feel insulted. If the audience feels insulted, it will not tune in.

Serenity kind of proves my point. He had a solid foundation from the show and instead of making it up as he went along, he was able to pull the parts he needed for his script without wasting time explaining it on camera. It was more showing and less telling like the series.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Other people who think they have the right to say something to me about smoking, especially when they are strangers.
Actually people in general who think they have the right to get in a stranger's face over something they don't like about that person's lifestyle. Before you say anything to anyone about their perceived failings perhaps you should take a look at your own, no one is perfect including you.

People who think Avatar was a good movie and not a shameless attempt at spending shitloads of money on CGI to get an Oscar.

Also, people who think their opinions are fact. Not liking something doesn't make it gospel truth, likewise with liking something. And a smaller part of that, people who think their opinions make them geniuses.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
"Well, I believe that KONY 2012 really opened people's eyes to what's actually happening in the world!"

No, it fucking didn't, dumbass.
aprilmarie said:
Text speak is acceptable anywhere outside of text messages.
Knowing proper spelling and grammar is overrated.

Fucking high school students/graduates. I heard that more than once this past weekend when I was chaperoning some high school trips with my mum.
Also, this.