Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Lever said:
It is my opinion, really more of a theory, that people who claim to want world peace really don't know what they're asking for. Considering human nature, and the last 10,000 years(ish) of history and what we know of it, "world peace" could only be accomplished by the extinction of the human race.
I completely agree with you, this one annoys the hell out of me.

An expansion on that is people who buy into the whole "democratic peace theory" thing. For those who don't know, there is a fair number of people that believe if every government on Earth adopted western-style democracy and capitalism there would be no more war. I can't possibly conceive of a stupider idea. As long as we still exist people will find reasons to kill each other.

I also am not a big fan of political science. I find that it doesn't really have a whole lot of use. Speaking as a historian...my facts beat your theories. As one of my history professors said, political science is less about figuring out what is actually going on and more about "cutting the foot to fit the shoe." In other words, taking what actually happened and twisting it until it fits whatever theory you support.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
- "The Tales series is only about ther battle system."

Bulldroppings. The series used to have atrocious, only half playable battle systems and got by on the plots and characters. Symphonia and Abyss are perhaps my two favorite games ever for the character interactions and the overall plot, and their tight battle systems only made them more enjoyable to progress. Vesperia pushed the series more mainstream, with a less developped cast and more emphasis on the battle, which has been attracting a lot of mainstream JRPG fans who are so used to games with so little going for them that a little character devellopment is "too much talking, boring, let me fight already." Appealing to a more mainstream audience leads more sales with means one of my favorite series has been ruined and has fallen into "just another crappy mainstream JRPG" territory.

- "PS1 games are classics." "Gaming is relatively new so by relativity even games from last gen are classics."

Copious amounts of bovine fecal matter excrement samples obtained from a male specimen. Punk rock from the 1990's will never be considered "classic rock." Harry Potter, among other books, will also not be considered "a classic" for a very very long time to come. Why? Because the very definition of "classic" either means something is the original, OR, and this is the relevant one, it has stood the test of time. A new form of digital art that's been around for 5 years wouldn't call stuff from year 1 "classic" because the medium itself is still new. But noooo, the community is full of self-gratifying people who want to sound elegant by calling their own personal favorites "classics" without even stopping to think about what the goddamn word even MEANS! This pisses me off more than you can probably guess, especially when Sony has the audacity to call it's PSN Store sections "PS1 classics" or even worse, "PS2 classics." Before using a word, learn the meaning!

- "Patriotism is American."

The word patriot refers to one with pride in their country. I am a patriotic Canadian, for example. But, in recent years, most notably since 9/11, I've seen a swell in the number of Americans who think it's THEIR word and ONLY applies to them. I was once on a forum where a woman from France said she was patriotic, and some American chimed in "Yeah, we're that awesome that even Europe wants in on this, fuck yeah America!" I have an American friend who said he was an American Patriot and was met with "Stop being so redundant, asshole." Now, don't get me wrong. My fiancee is American. Some of my best friends are American. I know these morons are very much the minority. But the thing is, they're so vocal that when one pops up, he or she is impossible to ignore.

... man, I'm seriously working myself into frustration, here. Gonna post more later and leave it here for now.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Latenz1134 said:
s0p0g said:
"DA:O is an awesome rpg!"
no. it's not. it's not even ok, because then i would have finished it. it never was, never will be awesome. in this case, your opinion is simply WRONG - yes, a wrong opinion, that's how not-awesome DA:O is ^^
"Dragon Age: Origins is not a good game."
Yes, it is a good game! It is a fine game worthy of many hundreds of hours, and multiple completions! Including the DLC(which makes it that much more epic). Anyone who says otherwise is a blasphemer, I say! A BLASPHEMER!
and already you have an unacceptable opinion - to be honest, i justed wanted to make it easy for the like of you. you know, people who like below-average "RPGs" :p

blasphemer and proud of it! ^__^

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
People who think the catholic church is a very good thing and the pope is an important man...

Ok, so the fact that they are getting away with raping children for years without getting punished, the fact that even though the catholic church is supposed to be a selfless organization, won't pay a fucking cent in reparation to the damages caused by them and these people who were supposed to be named and shamed are getting off scot free, yeah real fucking nice, fuck the catholic church and everyone who follows them like they have never done anything wrong in their lives.

Also, when pope Benedict dies, who will mourned over? the man himself or his title, give it a week for a new pope once Benedict kicks the bucket and no one will care, they care about his status, not the man himself.

Sorry if anyone is offended by this, but this is a personal grudge, if the world is going to move forward, that means the catholic church needs to die.
I'm offended, partly because you didn't read the OP you're replying to.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Mick Golden Blood said:
People have the right to any and all drugs if they so choose too. Nobody has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body. They have the right to ADVISE you on it, whether it be negative or positive.
I'm not against the freedom to do what you want with your body, but the price of healthcare would go way up, y'know because of all the heroin overdosers and whatnot. Also, and I don't know if it would change if they were legalised, but drugs seem to promote a bad attitude, especially when you're on them, because when you're not in the right state of mind, you can do some crazy stuff.

They're not just dangerous to the users, but those around them too.

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
I actually LIKED the mass effect 3 ending.
I killed all the reapers like I said I would and never looked back.
What did most people expect/want to happen?

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Samsont said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Dexter sucks.

In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks. Even Spartacus. I see a lot of people loving that show, it just shows how shitty TV really is when that show is considered a stand out.

Theres my unpopular opinion. I never really say that anywhere else because hey, opinions and all that, but since this thread is specifically for those unacceptable and unpopular opinions :p

Also, I agree, Domino's is bad and anyone who likes eating there should feel bad, then get a real pizza and feel good again.
Yet...your avatar is Walter from Breaking Bad.
One of the 1% of good TV shows.

I'm thinking of changing it to Viserys Targaryen anyway, although the new BB season is starting soon...
Scientist to misogynist.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Mick Golden Blood said:
bojackx said:
Mick Golden Blood said:
People have the right to any and all drugs if they so choose too. Nobody has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body. They have the right to ADVISE you on it, whether it be negative or positive.
I'm not against the freedom to do what you want with your body, but the price of healthcare would go way up, y'know because of all the heroin overdosers and whatnot. Also, and I don't know if it would change if they were legalised, but drugs seem to promote a bad attitude, especially when you're on them, because when you're not in the right state of mind, you can do some crazy stuff.

They're not just dangerous to the users, but those around them too.
So is alchohol. Need I explain?

Not to mention smoking around others forces them to also breath it in. Especially parents with children.

It's about the person that uses these drugs, not the drugs themselves. Too much of anything is bad for you. try drinking a shitload of water. I'm sure you'll be fine >.>.

The person is to blame, not the thing they injested beforehand, because they were not under it's influence until they conciously took it.

Yes, and as it turns out, people are stupid.

Alcohol and tobacco would be treated the same way if they had been discovered recently, or weren't in such widespread use. At least if no more drugs are legal, the cost of drug-related incidences won't go up that much. I still do agree that it would be better if people had that freedom, but it just isn't practical for everyone.

darkraven28

May 25, 2012
the over use of the auto tuner for singers yes its a cool thing but in my opion when us over use it i just gets annyoing (with the exception of puff daddy, and that other guy who uses it who name ecaspes me) sorry if any one is offened by this.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
That My Little Pony is somehow an acceptable source of adult entertainment. At the end of the day, they're still a stable of rainbow colored baby horses, and anyone that self identifies as a "Brony" automatically loses a lot of my respect. I'm still waiting for that whole craze to die off, or more appropriately, brake a leg and have to be shot in the head after a race gone bad.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
I'm sorry, but I can't stand Aesop Rock or any of the other "intelligent rappers" that always get brought up here.

I don't hate rap for its lyrical content. I hate it for (more often than not) being incredibly dull to listen to. Eminem is one of the few artists I have found that has overcome this, and I genuinely enjoy some of his stuff, especially "Not Afraid".

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
All Anime/Manga will never be able to escape the trap of having completely convoluted plots, and unrelatable, emotionally primitive characters. Maybe it's a translation thing, maybe it's a cultural difference, but I cannot stand it. Ideas like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note, etc. are cool, but they get so bogged down with melodramatic, long winded, pointlessly drawn out story arcs, and convoluted characters...the whole universe becomes one confusing cluster fuck. I don't take anime/manga seriously as [graphic?] literature or having much artistic merit. Hate me for that if you want.

Brewtus

May 20, 2012
"Mass Effect 3 had a terrific, artistic, beautiful ending and huzzah to BioWare for not bowing to their greedy fanbase to change their artistic vision."
-There's no need to get into why this is wrong, it's obvious and others have summarized it better than me. But anyone who thinks the Mass Effect 3 ending was tolerable in any of the (basically identical) forms is wrong and does not deserve an opinion on the storytelling of any form. Also, Halo Reach sucks. Bungie ignored the established Halo canon and went backwards in game design, it is a piece of shit. Even the multiplayer sucked, there is nothing redeeming about it.

"Breaking Bad is a great TV show."
-Actually it's quite a boring TV show. I don't understand the cult that follows it around.

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a hilarious show."
-There's one problem with that: Charlie Day is a terrible actor, and even calling him an actor is being nice. His voice never changes, he delivers his lines the same way every time, and his character's consist of no substance. He ruined Horrible Bosses (among other problems) and makes It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia unwatchable.

I know it says we all get one, but I'm venting a little bit. At least I stayed out of the political ones.

Oh, and the American version of The Office is terrible. It's not funny, the characters aren't creative, and it's probably the worst thing Steve Carell has ever done.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Mezmer said:
All Anime/Manga will never be able to escape the trap of having completely convoluted plots, and unrelatable, emotionally primitive characters. Maybe it's a translation thing, maybe it's a cultural difference, but I cannot stand it. Ideas like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note, etc. are cool, but they get so bogged down with melodramatic, long winded, pointlessly drawn out story arcs, and convoluted characters...the whole universe becomes one confusing cluster fuck. I don't take anime/manga seriously as [graphic?] literature or having much artistic merit. Hate me for that if you want.
You only mention shonen manga/anime. Have you ever tried antyhing intended for an adult audience? I find that while I'm bored by shonen, I really like josei (for adult women) and seinen (for men).