Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Tipsy Giant said:
xXTheParadoxXx said:
I'm not sure if this is exactly unpopular, but Americans cannot do TV comedy properly. All of their sitcoms are crap. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Father Ted, Spaced etc.
Maybe you just haven't seen Curb Your Enthusiasm?
Or Louie, or the Life and Times of Tim, or the Simpsons, or Futurama, or South Park.
Didn't like Louie, it felt too obvious, all the jokes were reused from some other shitty sitcom...... Shame cos his stand up is great!

Riki Darnell

Dec 23, 2011
People who say art has to be a specific way or it's not "real" art. My old art teacher gave me an F on a painting project just because I painted an outline on the main focus to make it stand out from the background. I did everything according to the guideline but he said "real art doesn't have outlines" WTF I think if you put energy and love into something you're making than it can be considered art.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
I actually think that the newer episodes of The Simpsons are just as good as the old ones, they are all great, but there were some shitty episodes in the first 10 seasons as well. Episodes in the newer seasons like the WoW or Tow Truck, or just about every Treehouse of Horror

LeeArac

Aug 16, 2011
I'd agree with the idea that the majority of US TV comedy is rubbish. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are not counterexamples. CYE is not funny, at all, not once... I can't even identify where the jokes are meant to be. It's like some alternative-humour language I've never been taught a word of.

Arrested Development is - I'll grant - occasionally entertaining, but not quite the work of genius it's been made out to be.

Mind you, Archer has me in stiches, so I guess there's always some counterexample.

Except for Australian TV comedy, which is utterly and universally shite without exception. It's weird because Australians are some funny buggers, and their stand-up can be hilarious.

Sorry, rest of the world, but the UK still reigns supreme when it comes to the TV comedy (and particularly comedy-panel shows).

rawrmonsta

May 25, 2010
- Vanilla is a "Plain" flavor.
- Alcohol or drugs are a decent excuse for doing complete unacceptable things.
- Violence is a male trait, or most patriarchal theory taught in gender study's.
- Non-religious people have no moral basis.

That is about it I can think of right now. Basically any of these that get brought up in conversation I cant help but question and/or criticize.

The Good Doctor

Mar 6, 2011
That fighting games are good.

Combos. Confusing-as-shit controls. Way-too-serious asshole players. Really unbalanced online matches. The list goes on and on...
Or maybe I'm just really bad at them.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
I just really disagree with DOCTOR WHO being the best tv show ever.
I dont really care for it, and I watched an entire season of it.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
"Max Payne 3 live up to the hype, it's a great successor!"
I wonder how much money they get under the table for writing that in a review. It was one of the worst games the past couple of years. Hell, and I didn't find the Mass Effect 3 ending to be "worst ending ever!".

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Matthew94 said:
This makes me glad that I didn't get hyped up for it or buy it.

Is it really that bad?
Story-wise it's similar enough to the previous games of the series other than some awkward cut-scene presentation.
Gameplay wise, it's pretty much the same as the rest of the series other than a bit of "modernization." (cover system)

Not a groundbreaking game, but it's the successor that the Max Payne series deserves, they could have done a lot worse.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
The Star Wars prequels... They are not that bad, and I don't care if you don't think George Lucas has any right to mess up "your" movies. They are his IP, and he can do what ever he wants with them. I really hate people whining over that.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
that Gamestop is evil. youre free to try and sell the game on your own if you feel your getting cheated.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Tirunus said:
Vault101 said:
- similar to the "survival of the fittest" thing, any believe or sentiment that imply s society should go "backwards" <- no freaking way
As a Durdenite I am going to have to oppose this.

"Self destruction is the answer."
Durdenite? whats-

oh..right

never mind then

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
That indie games are the greatest thing since sliced bread. In my opinion most of them suck something fierce.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
"Well, it's my opinion, therefore it can't be falls"

I just hate those people. Opinions can be falls. Opinions are almost always based on facts (if not, they are retarded by default). So if those facts are wrong, so is your opinion.