Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

GregerFisk

May 25, 2012
I really hate it when people believe that muslims are taking over the world. It's so extremely stupid! Just because many immigrants (at least in europe) are muslims doesn't mean that they're taking over the world.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Queen Michael said:
Mezmer said:
All Anime/Manga will never be able to escape the trap of having completely convoluted plots, and unrelatable, emotionally primitive characters. Maybe it's a translation thing, maybe it's a cultural difference, but I cannot stand it. Ideas like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note, etc. are cool, but they get so bogged down with melodramatic, long winded, pointlessly drawn out story arcs, and convoluted characters...the whole universe becomes one confusing cluster fuck. I don't take anime/manga seriously as [graphic?] literature or having much artistic merit. Hate me for that if you want.
You only mention shonen manga/anime. Have you ever tried antyhing intended for an adult audience? I find that while I'm bored by shonen, I really like josei (for adult women) and seinen (for men).
I can't say I'm familiar with such manga. How is it different?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Mezmer said:
Queen Michael said:
Mezmer said:
All Anime/Manga will never be able to escape the trap of having completely convoluted plots, and unrelatable, emotionally primitive characters. Maybe it's a translation thing, maybe it's a cultural difference, but I cannot stand it. Ideas like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note, etc. are cool, but they get so bogged down with melodramatic, long winded, pointlessly drawn out story arcs, and convoluted characters...the whole universe becomes one confusing cluster fuck. I don't take anime/manga seriously as [graphic?] literature or having much artistic merit. Hate me for that if you want.
You only mention shonen manga/anime. Have you ever tried antyhing intended for an adult audience? I find that while I'm bored by shonen, I really like josei (for adult women) and seinen (for men).
I can't say I'm familiar with such manga. How is it different?
You can find drama and/or thirllers that don' go in so much for the stereotypical manga style, if you understand what I mean.
For instance there's Eagle: The Making of an Asian-American President.
It's a story about a Japanese journalist called Takashi Jo who's writing a story about presidential candidate Kenneth Yamaoka as Yamaoka tries to become president of the USA. Jo spends pretty much all his time with Yamaoka to make sure he'll have the info he needs in order to write well. Thing is, Yamaoka is secretly the reporter's father, so that complicates things since Jo spends time with Yamaoka's family and can't reveal his relationship with Yamaoka to anyone.

It's a really great political thriller.

Another one:

Sanctuary. It's about two childhood friends, Hojo and Asami. Hojo is working his way up towards a top position in the Yakuza, while Asami gives his all to his career as a politician. Both of them are trying to rise to the top, but on different sides of the law.

These are really, really good comics, but they're not easy to find. Just make sure to check them out if you get a chance.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Jack the Potato said:
That Dominos is ever an acceptable place to get pizza from if there are other options. Don't even bother telling me you like Dominos, because that's incorrect. Dominos is inferior to just about every pizza place I've ever been to barring one or two. It's... edible I guess, but I don't care if it's a couple bucks cheaper, I will always be willing to pay a few bucks more for pizza that isn't shit. Their buffalo wings are awful too. Dry and over-breaded and lacking on sauce. Bleck. I will never accept that anyone considers Dominos to be worthwhile, and nothing anyone can say will convince me to do so.
Now consider, if you will, that there aren't any other pizza places around. Would it still be so hard to see why it could be an option? I'd actually agree with you if I had a choice.

Anyway, for mine: The "fact" that the universe is 14 billions years old and other BS like this. We definitely don't know enough to accurately measure such things, and yet they seem to be taken for granted. And don't even think of defending this one with quantum anything.

Tyrant55

Sep 3, 2008
That anybody who isn't a cynical/depressing bastard is simply stupid and ignorant of all the pain and suffering in the world.

Optimism FTW!

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
Quaxar said:
Dare I say it?
I hate alcohol and cigarettes. I guess a lot of it it comes with the job but really drunk people are mostly obnoxious and I want to punch them in the face, not to mention I haven't found any alcoholic beverage that I can even stand the taste of anyway. For the life of me I can't see any appeal in deliberately getting completely pissed. You lose the ability to even walk straight but at the same time think you're the most important person in history.
And I despise the smell of cigarettes and how it's constantly blown in my face because every Tom, Dick and Harry smokes in this damn country (42% of over 15y, second only to Greece with 43%, EU-wide).
You're not the only one, mate. I, too, loathe cigarettes. With one exception, I would never even consider dating someone who smokes at all, let alone engages in chain-smoking (which, to me, is incredibly gross). And as for drinking, I do not see the point in having more than the occasional drink, let alone getting drunk.

Seriously, when I saw someone on this site say "smoking has an eloquent taste" several months ago, I almost choked on whatever I was drinking at the time (knowing me, some faux iced coffee) and laughed out loud. Don't ever get me started on smoking. I don't just hate it, I can't help but look down upon most people who do it. The only exceptions to that are my work-mates, a friend (or rather, a former friend but that's for other reasons) and customers who happen to be very friendly when buying their fix from me, as opposed to being pricks about it. I especially think the ones who actually demand them from me ("I want my smokes, boy!" "Smokes!" etc) should be strapped to a bed and deprived of all sources of nicotine cold turkey.

I tried smoking. Twice. Just don't see the point in it.

I know better than to bite the hand that feeds me though, so when a co-worker offers me a ride home from work and smokes while driving, I don't really care. I even man the till while they have smoke breaks because I'm just that nice.

But other than that, smoking = bad. :p

UncagedDuchess

Nov 7, 2011
A opinion that I don't agree with mmmm? Well, I have one. When someone refers to football as the 'beautiful game.' Its not in anyway and as soon as that phrase is said I tune them out and ignore them.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Oh I just though of this if you think Pluto is still a planet you're part of the problem. You might ask the what problem? Well that's kind of the point.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
KarmaTheAlligator said:
Jack the Potato said:
That Dominos is ever an acceptable place to get pizza from if there are other options. Don't even bother telling me you like Dominos, because that's incorrect. Dominos is inferior to just about every pizza place I've ever been to barring one or two. It's... edible I guess, but I don't care if it's a couple bucks cheaper, I will always be willing to pay a few bucks more for pizza that isn't shit. Their buffalo wings are awful too. Dry and over-breaded and lacking on sauce. Bleck. I will never accept that anyone considers Dominos to be worthwhile, and nothing anyone can say will convince me to do so.
Now consider, if you will, that there aren't any other pizza places around. Would it still be so hard to see why it could be an option? I'd actually agree with you if I had a choice.

Anyway, for mine: The "fact" that the universe is 14 billions years old and other BS like this. We definitely don't know enough to accurately measure such things, and yet they seem to be taken for granted. And don't even think of defending this one with quantum anything.
You are right, we don't know enough to accurately measure such things. Accurentely is the key word. The scientific community has a current estimate that it's 13.75 plusminus 0.11 billion years. With estimate being a key word. That estimate has some pretty solid grounds, though.

O.T That every opinion is worth equally. Not every opinion is worth equally. Some opinions are plainly retarded. " I think people X shouldn't be allowed to do Y because Z said so/makes me feel uncomfortable " is a retarded opinion. A guy I know thought I was gay because I defended them. I mean come on, I defended a black dude once and i'm not black. Do you have to be X to protect X ?

On the off chance some one might respond: Don't hyperbole it like saying : "Well should childmolesters be allowed to molest childs because it makes me uncomfortable ?" Because using Hyperbole never helps in an argument.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
-People that ?hate? or wish death on Justin Bieber. I mean, really? I can understand not liking him, but flat-out hating the guy? What the fuck did he ever do to personally hurt you? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Just because you feel butthurt about not having success after all your hard work doesn?t mean you should take it on a young man who is no more deserving of criticism than any of the other pop hacks out there.
I am going to be a massive **** for the purposes of this thread and not comment on any of your actual points.

OT: I cannot stand it when people think using the term "butthurt" is a good idea in any scenario. When I read it, I find it very difficult to take anything else they say seriously as they come across as being obnoxious for no good reason.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Sexy Devil said:
How about Arrested Development? Community (before season 3)?
Never seen Arrested Development. I did see like 3 episodes of Community and I didn't really like it. Not because it's bad, just because it's not my sense of humor.

You guys don't have to convince me Walking Dead is good or whatever, by the way. If you enjoy these shows that's just fine. But since this was a thread about unpopular/unacceptable opinions, I thought I would throw mine in there. But it's just that. An opinion.
I think the joke with The Walking Dead is that everyone who watches it is still just waiting for it to get good.

The pilot was great, the rest... wasn't.

OT: 'HOOMAN REVLUTION ENDIN R JUS AS BAD AS MASS AFECT 3 ENDING Y U NO COMPLANE SO MUCH BOUT HOOMAN REVLUTION?'

Otherwise known as the, 'I have no concept of how to make an ending that's in line with the rest of the game' argument.

Oh, and that theory about ME3's ending is totally true. I mean, you don't need a 20-minute (to 90 minute or something ridiculous now) video to tell you that...

... the big black lines, screen distortion, and Reaper sounds (with Shep clutching his head) are signs that he's being indoctrinated.

Come on, it's fucking obvious.

Oh, and any idiot who applies the 'RPG' tag to anything where you play a role (i.e. every fucking game ever made). That's just... stupid.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Broady Brio said:
OT:
"I love Nirvana" - Someone
"Good for you, I don't. I think they are terrible. I can't think of any song they have done except for Smells Like Teen Spirit. And even then it's the only thing I do hear from them."

Heh well Smells Like Teen Spirit was the last song written for the album... like a month or two before hand... and was even admitted to extensively being a Pixies rip off... the rest ofthe album had been done for at least a year... hell he had Polly done when he released their first album, Bleach...

Nevermind was their poppy album anyway... it's the one that got them a record deal... not to say it was a bad album it's usually just remembered for the hits, Smell's Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, ect... it still had some pretty cool stuff... like Lounge Act, Stay Away or Breed... which were a lot closer to punk than the rest of the album...<.<

But you'd be better of checking out In Utero... to get a good idea of the kind of stuff that Nirvana made... seeing as how the album was all over the place from short and furious punk to slow ballads and back to pure experimental noise rock ala Big Black...<.<

And just remember... God is Gay, and All Of A Sudden My Water Broke...<.<

OT: anything having to do with Crunkcore or Hardcore being good... no just no...it's absoluetly attrocious and I feel like cutting myself whenever my roommates subjects me to that torture...

It's like 1000 effeminate, whinny, self absorbed teenagers screaming out in agony and than being suddenly silenced, and replaced with a really bad autotuned pop singer with no understanding on how to write a pop hook... or lyrics in general... and it's all over generic pseudo death metal riffs that just sound like some kind of jackhammer wailing away with no understanding of rythm or intricacy...<.<

and crunkcore is just indescribable agony on every single level imaginable... there's nothing more I can say about that...

and now that it's almost 5 and my brain I leave without spell checking!

WoahDan

Sep 7, 2011
Ranylyn said:
-

- "PS1 games are classics." "Gaming is relatively new so by relativity even games from last gen are classics."

Copious amounts of bovine fecal matter excrement samples obtained from a male specimen. Punk rock from the 1990's will never be considered "classic rock." Harry Potter, among other books, will also not be considered "a classic" for a very very long time to come. Why? Because the very definition of "classic" either means something is the original, OR, and this is the relevant one, it has stood the test of time. A new form of digital art that's been around for 5 years wouldn't call stuff from year 1 "classic" because the medium itself is still new. But noooo, the community is full of self-gratifying people who want to sound elegant by calling their own personal favorites "classics" without even stopping to think about what the goddamn word even MEANS! This pisses me off more than you can probably guess, especially when Sony has the audacity to call it's PSN Store sections "PS1 classics" or even worse, "PS2 classics." Before using a word, learn the meaning!
You are aware that the PS1 came out 18 years ago right? As in the majority of the current cycle of gaming has happened since then and a entire (human) generation of gamers have been born and are off to university since the PS1 came out? I'm not asking in a "I can use Wikipedia and am thus teh smart" way either a lot of people myself included forget just how long its been and how much has changed since the PS1.

Personally I go by the decade rule where if a game still stands up after ten years I think its perfectly fine to call it a classic so yeah there are plenty of legitimate classics from that gaming generation.

My personal opinion that I cant accept is evolution not being real, as in I cannot accept that there is even any doubt left over its validity, it just makes too much sense and has too much evidence behind it for there still to be doubt over it.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
A Friend of mine believe Glee's version of creep by Radiohead to be better then the original. The only reason I didn't start to an argument was because he was gay, and they're allowed to have some quirks.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Ix Rebound said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks.
-How I meet your mother
-Firefly
-Friends
-The Walking Dead
I can't think of many others on the spot but what do you think of those?
Yea but for each one of those there's 99 shows like, 16 & Pregnant, Jersey Shore, Workaholics, and Wilfred. Also add Psych to your list.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Patrick Buck said:
I'm glad people smoke. It's a new form of natural selection, which i'm sorry to say this overcrowded planet needs.
Allas you're wrong. Smoking is not going to be an factor limiting your number of offspring. Besides I don't think the world is overcrowded anymore. Ghandi sat this: "The world has enough for everyones need, but for no ones greed." I believe this to be true even now, and also in the far future. We're are a clever species, we'll figure something out to make the heavily populated planet continue running as it is.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Bloodtrozorx said:
A debate that I had just yesterday "Korn is still relevant and making good music"

They have never and will never make good music nor be relevant to anyone who isn't a 13 year old Juggalo.
Your sir, just took Daystar's #1 spot on my list. I love Korn. I grew up listening to them. I met them at the Carolina Rebellion, they're nice guys. Prepare to rue the day you insulted Korn... Well, what are you waiting for? Start rue-ing.

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
People who complain about smoking..like when you see people walking past a smoking area and they start flailing their arm about and coughing..for gods sake..that must be some pair of lungs you have because these people are sucking it in..

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Only been told this once.
"You can't be professional in (game title), because you don't have the genes for it"
I find this way of thinking very depressing. It's like giving up on a game before you've played it.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
rutger5000 said:
Allas you're wrong. Smoking is not going to be an factor limiting your number of offspring. Besides I don't think the world is overcrowded anymore. Ghandi sat this: "The world has enough for everyones need, but for no ones greed." I believe this to be true even now, and also in the far future. We're are a clever species, we'll figure something out to make the heavily populated planet continue running as it is.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.
I doubt that myself. I think it is much more likely that there will eventually be a mass famine due to our insatiable greed, resulting in a massively reduced population.