Other teamates stupidity

CompanionCube

Aug 5, 2008
This thread is a two-parter

1. What is the stupidest/selfish thing that another teamate has done to you/anyone in multiplayer?

No one you actually know please (i.e. random stranger)

\Rant

2. I play Halo Trial Version (PC) because I'm getting Halo 3 soon. The teamates are complete idiots, most of the time I play agaisnt 2-3 opponents with no support. Most of them are probably 12 year olds angtsy kids so that be why. But please tell me, are people on Halo 3 (Xbox live in general) just as stupid?

/Rant

Nikral

Sep 10, 2008
I can't think of any horrible thing off the top of my head, but just in general...anyone going AFK at the start or the middle of the game when it's a team based game just pisses me off.

And it's Halo...you shouldn't expect anything more from players of that game (Start flame now)

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lbRR1g9FtY
Player 3. Just watch him/her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbx9gj_dXM

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Not all the people on halo 3 xbox live are bad
there is a large community of friendly and helpful players, most of which aren't bad losers :p
but it is offset by the odd bad apple or people who are full of themselves (People with a superiority complex who feel the need to teabag cos' they think it makes them look big - it makes them look dead cos if you stop you drop

burninjack4l

Aug 15, 2008
1. The most selfish/stupid thing would have to be friendly fire on a Counter-Strike server ... Because honestly you can't screw your team mates over any harder than just blowing their heads off with an m249.

2. Get used to it. Halo is the beacon for idiots that can't play real first person shooters, or any other types of games that take the least bit of actual intelligence capacity. (Don't flame me, I've played every single Halo game full through on legendary ... They're not bad games, just, for the most part, the only people that stick with them to play online quite often, are f***ing retarded)
Plus, as a whole, the FPS genre, being the one that requires the less thought, is what will always attract the younger, and less mindful players. So it doesn't really matter what game you're playing, without bringing your own team... you're likely going to be playing on your own, for the most part.
Just be thankful when you don't get a handful of team grievers.

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
This happened to my brother about an hour ago...

He was playing COD 4, and his teammate, who I suppose didn't care about the game at all and was only there to screw his team over, killed himself with an RPG every time he spawned. At the end, my brother's team lost, and that guy ended up having a kill:death ratio of 0:76 (That's 0 kills, 76 deaths).

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
Fudging HALO 3 -- some moron jumped in front of me and stood there while I was trying to snipe. Unfortunately, he stood there just long enough for someone with a spartan laser to take us both out from halfway on Valhalla. He didn't do anything at all: he just stood in front of me like a moron as I tried to get around him.

Did he want to be the sniper THAT badly?

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Your typo puts me in mind of stupid 'tea-mates' and thus upper-class twits. Well done.

No online game in which a complete stranger can drive a vehicle you are a passenger in can be trusted. Remember, ain't no Warthog driver's license!

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Darkrai said:
I don't see what they did that was so stupid, but maybe that's because I'm not a brawl lunatic.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Battlefield 2. Planes are fun to fly, but they are in limited supply and take some skill to even get off the ground. It's bad enough that asshats insist on trying to fly them (and promptly crashing them), but if you beat them to a plane, they'll turn around and destroy you and the plane! There's no better way to fuck over your team than to take out their most powerful weapons.

There are also the impatient tits who get a vehicle before you do and drive off without giving you a ride. Not only do you get to spend the next five minutes walking (oh, the excitement), but now your team is out a gunner for a full five minutes.

Going AFK while in the driver's seat is always great too.

JakCurse

Dec 13, 2008
most annoying things on FPS':
Kind of thinking more along the lines of Battlefield with these two
1) you've been stalking a guy for ages. you're deep behind enemy lines. suddenly, an allied tank rolls past you, blows your cover, or even sometimes kills you, and then doesn't stay round to lend a hand.
2) Running for a chopper, just as you get to it, another guy gets in and crashes it about 20 seconds later. (or just people in general taking any powerful weapon/vehicle and being super bad with it.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Darkrai said:
I don't see what they did that was so stupid, but maybe that's because I'm not a brawl lunatic.
I think the problem is that he's not doing much of anything. Seems like a noob trying to learn how to play -- probably not the best thing to do in multiplayer.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Idiots who think L4D is CounterStrike. "OMG LOOK AT MEH! I'Z KILLIN TEH MOST ZOMBAZ!"
"Hey! Over here dude, a hunter got me." "OMG FuKIN NOOB!!! LOLZ!" *friend gets me up* *hunter pounces the asshole guy* "WTF HAX!"

TheDemolisher

Apr 18, 2009
Teammates trying to get outside the building on the Nazi zombies mode on CoD: WaW is pretty stupid I guess, as is my teamates on a CoD: WaW team death match huddling up into one little corner fending off the doggies while they get massacred by a guy with an MG who must think he's in gaming heaven with such easy kills.

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
Other than a nearby teammate drawing unnecessary attention to your position out of sheer incompetence, the one thing that makes me want to blow up a puppy is when you don't PLAY THE FORKING OBJECTIVE