Our First Look at The Last Jedi's Finn, Rey and Poe

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Our First Look at The Last Jedi's Finn, Rey and Poe

Alongside the announcement of "Force Friday 2" - an event that reveals upcoming Star Wars merchandise, we got a glimpse of the new look for Rey, Finn and Poe.

The first "Force Friday" was a special Star Wars event that took place before The Force Awakens' debut, revealing the full line-up of merchandise planned for the film. It's no surprise that "Force Friday 2" is being planned for The Last Jedi, and today Disney has announced the date [http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-force-friday-ii-coming-september-1-2017]: September 17. More interesting, however, is that alongside this announcement we got a glimpse at the new look for heroes Rey, Finn and Poe. Check them out below:

Rey has gone through the most changes, wielding a lightsaber and swapping out her signature triple-bun for a more Qui-Gon Jinn style half-ponytail. Finn and Poe look more or less the same, but it looks like Finn has finally shrugged off his black Stormtrooper undershirt in favor of something more fitting.

Source: Star Wars.com [http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-force-friday-ii-coming-september-1-2017]

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
HER HAIR IS NO LONGER IN A BUN!!!! Let us speculate for hours about this on this nerd youtube show for geeks! Don't forget to like and subscribe!

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I hope we don't have to live the next couple of years in full Star Wars hype mode, with offshoot stories coming out between the new trillogy and whatnot.

That would increase the risk of me slapping the midi-chlorians out of my SW nerd friends.

No Kyle Katarn, no craps given Disney.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I approve of Rey's new hair style.

The others haven't really changed all that much. I'm just happy to see that Poe is presumably still a main character. About time a Wedge Antilles-type is given the same amount of screen time as the Jedi.
Imre Csete said:
I hope we don't have to live the next couple of years in full Star Wars hype mode, with offshoot stories coming out between the new trillogy and whatnot.

That would increase the risk of me slapping the midi-chlorians out of my SW nerd friends.

No Kyle Katarn, no craps given Disney.
I'm afraid that's a given, what with Disney's plan to release a new Star Wars movie every year until the heat death of the universe.

It's funny how everyone places Kyle Katarn on a pedestal while Rey gets tons of flak. Yet they both had a similar "arcs" for discovering the Force.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
hentropy said:
HER HAIR IS NO LONGER IN A BUN!!!! Let us speculate for hours about this for 2 hours on this nerd youtube show for geeks! Don't forget to like and subscribe!
They'll be far too busy analyzing every last pixel of that lightsaber to notice the hairstyle.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
I can't see that image and not think that Finn is looking over and seeing what Rey is inadvertently stabbing.

Oct 22, 2011
hentropy said:
HER HAIR IS NO LONGER IN A BUN!!!! Let us speculate for hours about this on this nerd youtube show for geeks! Don't forget to like and subscribe!
Well, me, personally i love her new haircut. I liked the old haircut, when Force Awaken came out, but now it sucks.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
MrCalavera said:
hentropy said:
Well, me, personally i love her new haircut. I liked the old haircut, when Force Awaken came out, but now it sucks.
I might get some nerd hate for saying this, but me personally, I agree 100% percent. The Disney Corporation has done a phenomenal job bringing out the life and nuance in Rey's hair. It is not completely dissimilar to Leia's hair from The Empire Strikes Back, and it's hard not to be very excited when you're reminded of things that happened in the past.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
They managed to make Not-Jaina look even more like Jaina in that picture.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, besides her having her hair down, they look pretty much the same. the clothing has changed obviously. im sure it wont be long before we get the very first trailer. then we will see more and some hints of the story.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
I think I prefer her old haircut, actually. Hopefully the rest of her outfit remains more or less the same.
Neverhoodian said:
Wasn't Kyle a mercenary and an ex-imperial officer who stole the death star plans and put a stop to the Dark Trooper project *before* he became a Jedi? The guy was practically a one-man army already before he even thought of picking up a lightsaber, so I don't think the same complaints necessarily apply.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Half my life, I was hoping and wishing for more Star Wars.

Now that I finally got it, it's just amazing how little I care about it. That Clone Wars / Darth Vader origin story was an insult, the original cast is meanwhile dying off from old age and the first movie in the reboot felt like progressive identity politics was much more important than delving in and enjoying the lore together in fun new movies that could be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. I just can't get behind that lingering funk of Jedi-ex-machina we've been served with so far. I am also still very grumpy about that emo lovechild whatshisface character.

Rogue One had very fulfilling aspects to its ending that I could get behind, but that probably makes me bitter and disillusioned. There's just so darn little left of the inspirational power of the original trilogy. It's a shame. I go fix my VCR now. Any idea if little plastic cogwheels can be 3D-printed and work longer than, say, a week or so without breaking? Can I spice up the material somehow?