Our US government: Should they fear us or Controle?

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Rolling Thunder said:
In fairness, the state should not pass laws that impair a private citizen from protecting himself. In essence, you shouldn't prohibit weapons if there is a need for private citizens to carry them.
The only reason private citizens need for guns is hunting and competition shooting. Not for making the government fear them and certainly not for taking the law into their own hands.

Darkfreak

Aug 14, 2009
When I think about it How much do our government officials promise us on the campain trail? ALOT! How much of that actualy happens? NOT MUCH!

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
I second this motion. And Sanity, you are spot on. Except I like guns..and have them..and am in the general populace. But whatever.
That definitly doesn't say anything at all.
Cortheya said:
But why do the General Populace need guns? The only reason I can think of is hunting, and that actually serves a purpose unlike having a gun for no reason.
Partially to defend oneself, but also on principle that I should not have them taken from me.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
I second this motion. And Sanity, you are spot on. Except I like guns..and have them..and am in the general populace. But whatever.
Cortheya said:
But why do the General Populace need guns? The only reason I can think of is hunting, and that actually serves a purpose unlike having a gun for no reason.
I'm smart enough not to do crimes with guns for stupid reasons, though. The gun I have, is mainly for protection, because during school, the town I'm in is crime filled. I feel though that if guns were to be banned it would help crime, to a certain extent. Although people would still find a way to get guns.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
If everybody carried a gun the government would respect its people.
(Not to mention there would be no crime, who would rob a bank knowing there are 20 people with pistols right behind you?)

If guns were banned it would go like this:

"Hey dude, lets rob a bank!!!"

"dude, we cant, guns are illigal."

"Oh $^%& I suppose they are. darn."

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
See, most people right arent trained properly. A lot of gun injuries are accidents due to insufficient proficiency in gun usage. In my opinion the right to bear arms is just silly. The fact is that even the tightest gun control laws dont work. " Hmmm OH NO! NOT A SERIAL NUMBER ON MY GUN! " I'll just weld that off. Not to mention the fact that we're emotional creatures. In the spur of the moment, a normally law abiding citizen can just go ape shit and decide to kill someone. If he's using a knife or his fists. It's going to be a lot harder and messier and a lot easier for the police to track him.

The government shouldn't fear the people. The people shouldn't fear the government. The government, is only what the people acknowledge them to be. They can pass all the laws they want. In the end it is you who enforce them. Not the bigwig sitting in his office, but the people working as police officers.

The Austin said:
If everybody carried a gun the government would respect its people.
(Not to mention there would be no crime, who would rob a bank knowing there are 20 people with pistols right behind you?)

If guns were banned it would go like this:

"Hey dude, lets rob a bank!!!"

"dude, we cant, guns are illigal."

"Oh $^%& I suppose they are. darn."
Flawed logic. Evidence? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_murder_rate
Congratulations, you beat some eastern bloc countries and countries which are torn by war.

Darkfreak

Aug 14, 2009
My father told me this awhile back. Theres a town in the west/midwest/Texas(yes thats it's own dang region!) where everyone has a gun and it also has the lowest crime rate in the US(or close to). So IF you were a rober what are you gonna rob? Town with guns or without guns?

NotMePleaseIgnore

Jul 20, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
But if you outlaw guns, then the only people who have guns will be criminals who obtain them through the black market.

And if only criminals have guns and no one else does, then it won't be the government running the country anyway, it'll be the drug lords or the new gun suppliers who will be able to take what they want, leaving law-abiding citizens(who have no guns) no way to defend themselves.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
Cortheya said:
I'm smart enough not to do crimes with guns for stupid reasons, though. The gun I have, is mainly for protection, because during school, the town I'm in is crime filled. I feel though that if guns were to be banned it would help crime, to a certain extent. Although people would still find a way to get guns.
So, the way to stop crime is to give every single person a gun? Brilliant, hand out the Assualt Rifles immediatly.
No. I didn't say that. I said I agree with you, but even if guns were banned people would still find a way to get them. It wouldn't matter.

Darkfreak

Aug 14, 2009
Arhy said:
NoMoreSanity said:
But if you outlaw guns, then the only people who have guns will be criminals who obtain them through the black market.

And if only criminals have guns and no one else does, then it won't be the government running the country anyway, it'll be the drug lords or the new gun suppliers who will be able to take what they want, leaving law-abiding citizens(who have no guns) no way to defend themselves.
My thoughts exactly!

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
No. I didn't say that. I said I agree with you, but even if guns were banned people would still find a way to get them. It wouldn't matter.
So I can't have an Assualt Rifle then? Fuck!
No, you can. I have one in a gun safe! With some beer in it. Woo, America!

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Cortheya said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
They have every right to place retrictions on you as they are your leagally democratically elected geovernment. You trust them to do whats in the best interest of the country but have the opportunity to remove them in an election. The whole concept of the public needing weaponry to keep the government afraid of them is outdated in this modern, more civilised world. At least in places like the USA and GB.
The government should not fear the people, but the people should not fear the government. They should trust each other to work for the betterment of all.
The government excersises some level control on almost everything you do. It has to because people cannot control themselves in a manner that is productive for the majority.
They should NOT have the power to restrict us. Just because people voted for them they can't reign over us completely.
They don't reign over you completely. In the USA you have a chance to change the government every four years. If the government does something you don't like you vote them out and if the majority disagree with you and keep them in power, you are probably wrong.
All laws are a form of restriction. Everything the government does restricts pepole in some way. You know this when you vote for a candidate. You are giving them their power by voting, this is also how you take it away.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Radeonx said:
How though, if sale of guns were illegal everywhere. If you actually keep a tight border and make sure no one ships guns in. How would anyone get them ? I'm sure you know, some really big mafia guys might. But we're talking about the average street gangster who got high and ran wild with a gun. Is he going to be able to get a gun as easily? No