Ouya Courts $8 Million, Namco-Bandai

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I didn't really expect big publishers like Squeenix and Namco to support the Ouya. The news of this thing keeps getting better and better. I wonder why those publishers would back this though. I would have thought something like the Ouya would scare them away.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
rhizhim said:
I want that so hard...
On the USB topic, they need atleast 3 to cover the basic triad of extras it will need, being storage, keyboard and misc items.

The_Craig1986

Jun 22, 2011
Shinsei-J said:
rhizhim said:
I want that so hard...
On the USB topic, they need atleast 3 to cover the basic triad of extras it will need, being storage, keyboard and misc items.
Would be nice if it had a few more USB ports but as far as keyboard and mouse goes, it has bluetooth

G32420NL

Jul 3, 2012
Veylon said:
This is a lot more substantive than the Phantom ever was. We've got actual companies signing their IPs onto this thing. The Ouya train may well end up a wreck, but at least it's got more cars.

Also, one USB port, seriously? I second the guy who said a whole side ought to be USB. Or at least allow a hub to be added. They should also make sure to allow support for all kinds of devices, if they haven't already. Being able to hook up a keyboard, XBox controller, and external hard drive would do a lot to make the thing tech-savvy-friendly.
Dont know if support for a usb-hub is there but if i remember correctly it is beeing build on standard smartphone hardware. in that case it whould be logical that USB-OTG is supported.
It's a standard present on many modern smartphones for mouse, keyboard, flasdrives.(tried it on my xperia mini pro, with mouse you actually get a cursor)
Not sure about gamepads though, whould think that drivers will pop up quickly, it beeing open source and all.

Edit: my personal interest in this product is low, most of the content and experience is something i already have on my phone. secondly the hardware can become an issue later on, the smartphone hardware market is changing fast, and with it games become resource hungry.
offcourse not really a problem if its about emulators and device specific games.
But it seems that you have a device with the mindset of a console but partly with a game library based on constantly changing hardware.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Oh my god. Ace Combat 1 though Zero on it with a wide ranger of controllers (say a joystick)? ALL MY MONIEZ R BELONG TO THEM.