Over 100,000 PlayStation Home Invites Tonight

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Over 100,000 PlayStation Home Invites Tonight

Sony's virtual world is about to get a lot more lively (too soon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87594-Google-Closes-Not-So-Lively-Virtual-World]?) with the addition of over 100,000 new beta testers.

The PlayStation Home team hit a milestone last night with the release of 100,000 beta invites [http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=11323&view=by_date_ascending&page=1] for Home will be sent out to European PlayStation Network users.

The massive amount of invites are being sent out in preparation for a stress load test, also scheduled for tonight. Next week, yet another, even larger group of lucky PSN users will be invited into Home, though no region was specified. Should you not get into that, an open beta "will not be far behind" according to Sony.

Sony's European Home community manager would also like to remind all their new testers that Home is not a game and this is not a launch, but the start of a journey. I just hope that doesn't mean Home is getting delayed. Again.

Update: PS3 Fanboy [http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/21/100-000-home-beta-invites-sent-out-for-load-test-tonight/] is reporting that due to an error on Sony's end, European invites have been put on hold for a few days. Meanwhile, PSN users in the US are currently receiving invites.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Jared Rea said:
Update: PS3 Fanboy [http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/21/100-000-home-beta-invites-sent-out-for-load-test-tonight/] is reporting that due to an error on Sony's end, European invites have been put on hold for a few days. Meanwhile, PSN users in the US are currently receiving invites.

Oh, Sony, you and your errors.

But it's nice to see this finaly start picking up some steam and getting on its feet. I hope I get into the beta, it seems like a cool application to mess around with a bit.

WTEricson

Jun 21, 2008
Version 1.0 (released a few days ago) has been really fun.... the only way to describe it is standing around talking to people, but who would ever want to just talk to others about pointless topics or watch videos (forums with mics).

The down side is they are trickling content to us "beta testers" (bullshit) in case something breaks they can remove it from the "launch". Hopefully it won't be the video sharing that is broke due to copywrite... but all that meens is people (not me ofcourse) will share websites where you can download the zhit instead... which meen people logging in and out like crasy to Pineapple Exprese.... but won't prevent the issue.

Sorry, went off subject a bit there... Home is better than you expect... if your willing to give a free item 15minutes of your time instead of being a Sony hating Ahole.

WTEricson

Jun 21, 2008
The clubhouses are free.
You must have a PSN account to get the clubhouse (credit card) presumably so that if you post pedofile shit on your walls and invite a bunch of kids they will have your real name on file.... or copywrite shit, but I doubt Sony will jump in front of that bullet anytime soon. I'll let you make the clubhouse, but if you want some cool free shit for your PS3 search and join "End Game" Clubhouse Dingo.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Damn, pick me Sony! They did give me access to the Motorstorm 2 demo a month early, so they must already like me. Which must obviously mean that they'll invite me to home. I hope so anyway, sick of the Microsoft avatars already.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Good luck to everyone in the escapist community who wants a beta invite, hope y'all get in.

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
Indigo_Dingo said:
WTEricson said:
The clubhouses are free.
You must have a PSN account to get the clubhouse (credit card) presumably so that if you post pedofile shit on your walls and invite a bunch of kids they will have your real name on file.... or copywrite shit, but I doubt Sony will jump in front of that bullet anytime soon. I'll let you make the clubhouse, but if you want some cool free shit for your PS3 search and join "End Game" Clubhouse Dingo.
Well what does this mean?
Ps3Fanboy.com said:
Update: The PlayStation Closed Beta site says clubs will be a for-pay service. "Club is a service that requires regular payment. During Closed Beta test users can enjoy this service free of charge." However, a Sony developer clarifies saying "Clubs do not cost money. There will be premium club houses."
I have no idea what they're saying, and I've studied Formal Logic.
He's saying that Clubs, they are free.
However, if you want an even cooler club house, you have to pay rent.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
SinisterDeath said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
WTEricson said:
The clubhouses are free.
Well what does this mean?
Ps3Fanboy.com said:
Update: The PlayStation Closed Beta site says clubs will be a for-pay service. "Club is a service that requires regular payment. During Closed Beta test users can enjoy this service free of charge." However, a Sony developer clarifies saying "Clubs do not cost money. There will be premium club houses."
I have no idea what they're saying, and I've studied Formal Logic.
He's saying that Clubs, they are free.
However, if you want an even cooler club house, you have to pay rent.
Escapist Club, hoooooo!!!!

I hope The Escapist does decide to make its own Club(house), it could be pretty cool meeting up with some other Escapians in Home.