Over 30 iPhone Fart App in 90 Seconds

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Over 30 iPhone Fart App in 90 Seconds

During the Christmas season of 2009, iFart Mobile became the number one selling iPhone application. Opened, the floodgates had become.

iFart Mobile [http://venturebeat.com/2008/12/27/a-christmas-ifart-explosion-nearly-40000-downloads-and-30000-net/], netting a total of $27,249 in net income. One man made nearly $30,000 selling a $0.99 application for a $200 phone, that does nothing more than make a farting sound when you push its screen. The American dream had come true.

Once word broke of his incredible, logic-defying success, everyone and their mother wanted in on the action and suddenly, a diahorrea of apps spewed forth upon Apple's iTunes Store. The Unofficial Apple Weblog [http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/10/31-fart-apps-in-90-seconds/] decided to put the stinkers to the test and rounded up a collection of 31 of these applications, which believe it or not, doesn't even amount to the real number of fart apps currently available within the iTunes Store.

Keep it classy, iPhone users!

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
a diherrea of apps spewed forth upon Apple's iTunes Store.
I'm not exactly sure whether that's a bizarre typo or the writer's complete frustration with the word diarrhoea. Either way, you guys need to get your shit straight. It's just not flowing right. You can't be so loos--- okay, I'll stop now.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Wow, way to get some use out of that overpriced gimmicky phone.
This is the kind of article after which you rise from the computer and the world ust seems a little colder... okay maybe not

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Wow, RAK. Critique is one thing, but you sound bitter. Did iPhone stand you up for the prom?

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I own an iTouch that has 9 pages of apps that are actually very fun, such as JellyCar, Space DeadBeef,(wierdest title ever) and Rolando, but having to scroll my way through all this stupid shit like iFart is just ridiculous.

Believe me people, there are awesome apps for the iPhone out there, just don't let stupid apps like this be a representation of everything else.

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
It's a case of it being the most-advertised smartphone out there, and I'm really worried that the same arrogant design mistakes - a touch-screen keyboard, no expandable memory or replaceable battery, an OS which seems to have been taking interface lessons from the now-obsolete Palm OS - will filter through to the other smartphones on the market.
I have to admit, when I first saw a photo of the upcoming N97, I did think that nokia was being reactionary to the iPhone's success and was just going to attempt a me-too iPhone. However, after seeing more previews, it seems like Nokia has only borrowed the touch screen from the iPhone and is using it in a way that makes sense in the S60 OS instead of attempting to copy the iPhone the way other manufacturers are. BTW, for the record i am not an iPhone fan: S60 FTW!