Over Hyped game that you played and didn't like it

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

The "Sleep to Level Up" system broke the game for me. And No, I'm not criminal scum, the game just feels outdated.

I still love oblvion, but I didnt like the sleeveling up system. Then again i had cheats on, because you cant spell bethesda game without "Insta-stuff i want"!

Yak Johnson

Jun 14, 2011
All the CoD games except 4, all the Halo games except Reach, all the Gears of War games, all the God of War games except the first, Bioshock 2, Oblivion, Doom 3, World of Warcraft, Dead Space...I can go on forever.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Mass Effect.

My god what an extremely dull game. So much wasteful dialogue, bland characters and a paragon/renegade system that was hilariously bipolar.

I expected alot from the amount of praise it got and what it was was a distinctly average shooter with minor RPG elements.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
*takes deep breath*

OBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also half life 2.

Also the entire Call of Duty Franchise.

Its almost like I'm pre-programmed to hate everything thats popular.

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
Ilikemilkshake said:
Bioshock. I only played it for a couple of hours before i got really bored and traded it in. It just didnt live up to my expectations =/
same here man, bioshock wasnt anything special to me, although i didnt trade it in, i tried to carry on playing, but eventually got bored and it has been on my shelf ever since

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
CoD MW it's not that bad really but it's short as hell and there are too many trial and error moments. So if you are like me and don't give a shit about multiplayer it really wasn't worth the full price.
Assassins Creed I just didn't get into it, played something like an hour or so and left it there, I should probably give it another chance someday though, like I did with Mass Effect and now I have 500+ hour on that game.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Dragon Age
Mass Effect
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Oblivion
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Uncharted 2

And more...

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
The Call of Duty franchise, with 4 being the sole exception. I just don't get how people can play the same damn thing every year. Activision can make all the "changes" they want, but every CoD game is the same as the one before it, but with a new number or subtitle.

May 5, 2010
Never really liked the Arkham games. The writing isn't exactly top notch, and I found the whole part-sandbox, part-linear structure really awkward. I don't know. Just never really got into them, I guess.

Oh and as much as I enjoyed Half Life, it's VERY overrated. The game is shamelessly padded, the plot and characters are all made up of cliches (albeit well-characterized cliches) and Gordon Freeman is one of the worst protagonists of all time, ever.

Lataziba

Oct 22, 2011
Mass Effect...couldn't even make it past the first mission i got so bored...

Dead Space....sure the first couple scares were scary...after that i expected them to much and it was just "where can i shoot them next, lets check the vent...found him! boy thats predictable"

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
All of my friends told me how awesome Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was, and when I played it, I almost fell asleep. If COD4 is the best in the series, I'd hate to see the worst.

Bob_Dobb

Aug 22, 2011
*Looks around in fear* MINECRAFT! Yeah it was fun for a day but Dwarf Fortress is my mining *****, and I just wasn't having fun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
GTA IV.

Boring, poorly written, terrible controls, terrible cover system, rubbish shooting, awful melee system, shit pacing, annoying protagonist (no Niko, you don't need more money, you have $500k sitting in your fucking pocket!), poor use of characters.

Oh, and a vaseline smear that's so bad, I couldn't read some numbers I needed to call on my phone (it was on an answering machine, I think) to advance one of the missions.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Magicmad5511 said:
Call of Duty and Battlefield. Every game in their series. It's always massively hyped up but then always boils down to simple runny gunny game play while hiding behind cover in constant grey and brown. I would say Gears of War but I've never actually played it.
I was taking you seriously until that last phrase. As people sometimes barely give games a chance to impress them and just say "Yeah, played it." So, the point is: Battlefield and CoD are really great games once you actually get into them. Sure, there may be some balance issues, but they are really, really fun games once you give them a chance. You were ready to hate on GoW3 and you didn't even play it. Please form your own opinion, sir.

OT: Well, I must say BioShock was a little disappointing. Still a fun game, but it wasn't as amazing as everyone said it is.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
True Crime: Streets of L.A.

Good god, what a crap storm that was. It was a fully realized and modeled copy of the city of L.A., with nothing to do in it (sort of like Mafia II). I gave up on that game after a getting into a dozen fights with hobos, only to learn that each and every one of them was a third degree black belt. Terribly broken mechanics, disposable story, empty sandbox.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
The first Gears of War is the reason that I won't be playing the second and third.