Overlord Arriving on PS3 This Summer

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Overlord Arriving on PS3 This Summer

PlayStation 3 owners will get a chance to experience one of last year's zanier titles, Overlord, sometime this summer.

The game was released for the PC and Xbox 360 last summer at a $40 price point. It won high marks for dry humor, colorful environments and the general ability to run around rampaging with a horde of minions to wreak havoc.

Dubbed Overlord: Raising Hell, the PS3 version will have a leg up on the other platforms.

Improved visuals, 7.1 audio support, a minimap and other tweaks will be made available, as well as the three downloadable packs already released for the 360 version.

Source: Arstechnica.com [http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/02/26/overlord-coming-to-ps3]

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I'm sure all two people which would buy this game at such a price after months of 'porting' are over the moon at this news.

Well, they would be if they were in the country.

Or existed.

Overlord was a load of overhyped, totally linear (I've played adventure games with more choices than this). That was the PC version, mind and that came out before they 'tweaked it'. I can't see these new 'tweaks' doing a lot though. 'Minimap'? The entire thing is a bloody one-way street! Literally!

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
Overlord is basically the quintessential rental title. It's charming and funny in places, but there's really no reason to play it more than exactly once. It doesn't have the variety or replay value of an action game, or the quantity and quality of dialog in an adventure game.

Sniper_Zegai

Jan 8, 2008
Overlord was a decent game, it had its charms but I dont think PS3 owners will be giddy with joy. Its more than likely it was ported becuase of poor 360 sales.

shadowcode

Dec 7, 2007
Do you really think they would even /think/ of porting if the game didn't sell well?
That you didn't like it doesn't mean that a lot of other people did.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
shadowcode said:
Do you really think they would even /think/ of porting if the game didn't sell well?
That you didn't like it doesn't mean that a lot of other people did.
'Sell well' and 'Was a Great Game' are two different things. Now, if people went back and bought a SECOND copy of it because it was so great, that would impress me.

I've lived through enough 'Myst' titles to know that sales and quality are mutually exclusive.

That said, Overlord was a pretty funny game. As others have said, totally rentable.