John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Overview: Lego Universe

If you build it, they will come.

Read Full Article

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Hmmm, saw this in the shop the other day, curious, used to play with lego all the time as a kid. But as much as i love Being able to build and show off(Minecraft addict).Sounds intresting, Dont think i could really afford another MMO at the moment.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
good im not the only one who thought "Lego Minecraft"

If this is F2P i'll try it. Otherwise, :(

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
John Funk said:
Read Full Article
But then I visited some of the most highly-rated player spaces. I saw castles that stretched upwards for hundreds of Lego-feet, ancient-Japan-themed mazes, and sites that took full advantage of the game's trigger functionality. When you ride a plane into the air, type "crash land" into chat and watch it spin and burst into Lego bits, there's no denying that this sort of thing is really, really cool ... as long as it's in the right hands.
I will now be taking bets on how long it'll take some dickhead to recreate 9/11 and create a media furore about how Lego promotes terrorism. Any takers?

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
good im not the only one who thought "Lego Minecraft"

If this is F2P i'll try it. Otherwise, :(
It's P2P, so you're in the same boat as me....no. Which is sad, I love legos and I want to play it so bad.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
i would buy it, but i don't like having to keep paying in order to keep a game.
P2P is like paying $5 for a burger, then having to pay another $1 each time you take a bite,
as well as each minute it takes to digest it.
not fun.

Melancholy_Ocelot said:
Minecraft for babies???
and thou art highly ill informed.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
John Funk said:
Read Full Article
But then I visited some of the most highly-rated player spaces. I saw castles that stretched upwards for hundreds of Lego-feet, ancient-Japan-themed mazes, and sites that took full advantage of the game's trigger functionality. When you ride a plane into the air, type "crash land" into chat and watch it spin and burst into Lego bits, there's no denying that this sort of thing is really, really cool ... as long as it's in the right hands.
I will now be taking bets on how long it'll take some dickhead to recreate 9/11 and create a media furore about how Lego promotes terrorism. Any takers?
If that's really the first thing that came to your mind when you heard they can make anything they want that makes me sad.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Hmmm, so it is like Roblox with better graphics. Though I wonder how truly customizable each person's space is. Because if you know how to script and other fancy computer graphic and game coding, you can make pretty much anything in Roblox that does just about anything. I've seen Stargates that work and take players to other places when you dial the right address(different places with different addresses), and a working TARDIS that materializes and then the player gets in it and travels to other places. And that stuff is created by players.

I'll be impressed with Lego Universe, if it does everything that Roblox does, but also deals with the lag that is a major problem that Roblox hasn't dealt with.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
So in terms of the actual gameplay side of that game, how does that work? Are there actual "classes" that effect battle, move speed, jumps, ect.(I saw you looked like a samurai)?

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I might consider this, I absolutely loved LEGO as a child. I still have about 6 full crates in my wardrobe, with each 'class' of brick divided into each one. But then again, I could just play LEGO.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I love legos. I always have. Part of me just wants to "squeee" everytime i see them.

But.... i dont want to pay 40 bucks for the game, and then another 15 every month there after.

goddz001

Aug 5, 2009
if i do end up buying this game im going to make a robot statue and ill call it john.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm playing with getting in. Any word on what the different factions are like Funk? A little hint, just to get a taste?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
I actually enjoyed my time with this game and its achievement-focused gameplay, but I do wish that there was a virtual lego builder you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This reminded me of how when I was young I had a huge bucket of BLOC pieces and a tiny set of Lego pieces so I was sure Lego was the cheap useless knockoff.

The game seems more interesting than one might think, but does it do anything Minecraft doesn't?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I enjoy Lego games, but I think its really hard to screw up lego.

That being said, i love Lego games that let your build. Gives me my excuse to make a Mission next to a Wooden Cowboy fort next to a Medievil castle. So its needless to say I wanted to play... but then I saw it was P2P. Which made me sad. Then made me rage. Then made me go home, bust out my legos and do it on my bed and turn into a five year old.