Overwatch Offering Double XP For the Last Weekend of its Anniversary Event

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Overwatch Offering Double XP For the Last Weekend of its Anniversary Event

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1412/1412064.jpgThis weekend, you can earn double XP in Overwatch, plus get your last shot at items from the Anniversary Event.

The Overwatch Anniversary Event is drawing to a close soon, and Blizzard is kicking off a double experience points weekend to finish out the celebration. You can start earning double XP Thursday, June 8 at 8 PM ET, and the bonus will continue until the Anniversary Event ends on Tuesday, June 12 at 2:59 AM ET

The bonus will double pretty much every sort of experience you can earn in Overwatch, and will stack with group and internet game room bonuses. In fact, there's only source of XP that it won't double - the First Win of the Day bonus, which will remain at 1500 XP.

This weekend is also your last chance to acquire items from the Anniversary Event, including the dance emotes, which Blizzard has confirmed will be exclusive to the event.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/872133931868585985]

If you're hoping to grab all those dance emotes, you better jump into Overwatch and get busy.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Im glad I dont care enough about Overwatch to let my eternal desire to 100% things or this game would destroy me.

Fuck Blizzard though anyways.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
bjj hero said:
Who needs sleep eh?

Just gimme the Hanzo skin!
I wish they had like a trading system. That's the only event skin I have and I never use him. I'd gladly put it up for sale or something for some coins.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
SirSullymore said:
bjj hero said:
Who needs sleep eh?

I wish they had like a trading system. That's the only event skin I have and I never use him. I'd gladly put it up for sale or something for some coins.
Ill trade you for my power ranger genji skin...

I have enough coins but i will not buy until the last minute? I really want the Dva skin too?

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
bjj hero said:
SirSullymore said:
bjj hero said:
Who needs sleep eh?

Ill trade you for my power ranger genji skin...

I have enough coins but i will not buy until the last minute? I really want the Dva skin too?
Deal, though I don't use Genji either, Viewtiful Genji at least makes me chuckle.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Honestly this event hasn't really felt like anything noteworthy, previous events with pve modes at least gave us something new to do.

WAIT DANCES ARE LOCKED AFTER THIS WEEKEND?!?!

Welp good thing i saw that, for some reason i assumed they would always be available. Silly blizz and artificially creating scarcity.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
Funny, there was a big thread about doing just this on the r/Overwatch, and I was 100% in agreement with the people saying Blizzard was too focused on those crate shekels to ever let people unlock more of them faster during an event.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Frankster said:
Honestly this event hasn't really felt like anything noteworthy, previous events with pve modes at least gave us something new to do.

WAIT DANCES ARE LOCKED AFTER THIS WEEKEND?!?!

Welp good thing i saw that, for some reason i assumed they would always be available. Silly blizz and artificially creating scarcity.
Well, the dances are Anniverary lootbox items, so obviously they would be locked after.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Too bad my Xbox Live Gold time expired last week and I don't exactly have the spare cash at the moment to renew it. might have been interesting to see what other sprays and icons the game would have given me this time.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Ugh, the only problem with this is that the matches over this weekend are all going to be absolute fucking shitshows.

I've already noticed a distinct difference in the quality of matches during an event (typically pretty bad) versus the quality of matches in between events (usually much better).

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
trading these skins would be nice since i do not play half of the characters and some of them i can never get at all due to being available only at these events.
but lately i hardly find a game to play in. and weekends i mostly work over night so even less chance to play for me.