Overwatch "Year of the Rooster" Event Coming January 24

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Overwatch "Year of the Rooster" Event Coming January 24

The next Overwatch event is apparently celebrating the Chinese New Year, and it's coming next week.

The Overwatch Winter Wonderland event is just a few weeks in the rearview mirror, and it looks like Blizzard is about to crank up another one. In a tweet last night, Blizzard quietly announced the event with a picture of a new Mei skin, which may be the legendary skin the company talked about in December.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/821900007649329153]

Titled "Year of the Rooster," the event looks to be a tie-in to the Chinese New Year, which this year falls on January 28. There's almost no other information on the event, except for a tweet from from the Korean Overwatch account (embedded below), which includes a skin for Mei.

So far, each Overwatch event has lasted about three weeks. If that trend continues, it would mean the "Year of the Rooster" event would wrap up around Valentine's Day. Hopefully, we'll get more information soon.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/OverwatchKR/status/821900050573860865]

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:
Man, Mei keeps getting skins ... spread the love around Blizzard. Yes I know quite a few champions got skins during Christmas but Mei keeps getting the nicer looking skins lol.
What are these Champions you speak of?

But in all seriousness I hope D.Va gets something nice, she is sorely lacking in skins and this seems like the right time. At the very least I would expect the east Asian characters to get something. Though it makes me wonder which map they would remake if any...

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Man, Mei keeps getting skins ... spread the love around Blizzard. Yes I know quite a few champions got skins during Christmas but Mei keeps getting the nicer looking skins lol.
Yeah, but that was probably to make up for the fact that poor Mei got next to nothing in the Olympic and Halloween events... Although the Ice Scream highlight intro is one of the best things ever.