Overwatch's Next Hero, Sombra, Halloween Event, Leaked

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Had been trying to figure out who she reminds me of, and it finally clicked - Federova from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

She's definitely been Overwatch-ified, but the smgs and hair make it a pretty close resemblance.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Im looking forward to this.

Yay free content! Take note industry DLC savages.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Sombra looks cool and I can definitely dig a stealth character who might be able to counter some of the pesky flankers. The Halloween skins look... pretty predictable, really, if those are the skins.

There's some evidence from the text around it that they'll allow you to buy skins using points you can earn in the new Brawl/game mode, which would be a really good way of skirting the Summer Loot Box problem.

crimsonspear4D

Sep 26, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
It all comes from the leaked image below:

Why did this crack Russian hackers have to take a photograph of the screen?
cikame said:

Insert PC master race joke here, these Laura mods are coming left and right.
Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'm starting to more than a fair share of "similarities" between these two for my tastes.

Windknight said:
Blitsie said:
Nice! Can't wait to open these Halloween themed loot boxes and get duplicate vanilla game sprays!!

All jokes aside, Sombra looks pretty cool, will definitely jump on and give her a try once she's out
Hoping they learned from the summer games reaction and at least make them credit buyable...

But well aware that may be a vain hope.
God, I hope so. I actually had to BUY some loot boxes to get the Tracer and Zarya skins, I felt sooooooo dirty afterwards,

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
bjj hero said:

Again, there's a chance (or probability if your cynical( which I am at least a little)) that the Halloween drops will not be credit buyable, so again you have three weeks to roll the lootcrate dice to try and get them.

Or you can gamble with real money by buying more lootcrate dice to roll.

Jan 27, 2011
Dammit, Witch Mercy? Man, there's a skin I want that I'm not going to get for sure via the RNG. XD

I really hope that they make it so that you can buy those event skins via credits during the next year's event. Keeps them exclusive for a while without making it unobtainable for people not buying loot boxes.

Newage

Aug 21, 2014
aegix drakan said:
Dammit, Witch Mercy? Man, there's a skin I want that I'm not going to get for sure via the RNG. XD

I really hope that they make it so that you can buy those event skins via credits during the next year's event. Keeps them exclusive for a while without making it unobtainable for people not buying loot boxes.
The horde mode thingie suggests that you earn points - the harder the difficulty, the more points you get- so maybe those points will be used to buy Halloween stuff? It'd be cool if the brawl played a bigger part in the event than Lucioball did for the Summer Games.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Windknight said:
bjj hero said:

Again, there's a chance (or probability if your cynical( which I am at least a little)) that the Halloween drops will not be credit buyable, so again you have three weeks to roll the lootcrate dice to try and get them.

Or you can gamble with real money by buying more lootcrate dice to roll.
I see why people complain but I quite liked that about summer games.

I was on holiday so didnt get to play SG as much as I would have liked. I only got the mercy and tracer skin, the odd voice line and a couple of sprays. I really wanted mccree but didnt get it.

Having said that, the skins I did get seem so much more special because they are rare... compared with every second reaper wearing the mariachi skin.

Oct 22, 2011
She looks... ordinary. After how hyped this character was, i expected someone looking more unusual.

And yeah, noticed the similarity to the SFV char at first sight.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
+1 to being underwhelmed by Sombra's look. I hope she at least gets some cool alternate skins.

Regarding haloween update.. I'm getting that mercy witch skin. Not ready to go so far as to ever buy loot boxes with real money so am just going to do it the old fashioned way: play a lot and hope rnjesus looks down kindly upon me.

What makes me :S is i got a ton of skins from the summer event i didn't care for (american mcree for example) on character i don't even use (mcree), so hope karma doesn't punish me for it by with holding the one skin i actually do want.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Enough Zarya hair please. I'm still trying to forget it exists.
This is a little different imo, assuming that the half shaved head is due to cybernetic implants in her skull rather then trying to be fashionable.

Also, WHERE'S MY TORB VIKING SKIN?!

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Aaaand horde mode is a BIG disappointment with the stingy hero selection.... None of them are characters I really use, and everyone bar Ana usually gets snatched very quickly. Hopefully if they do a similar mode full time, the choices will be more free.

Also, a lil disappointed that each character who got a unique model Skin for the update, only got one such skin. Would have loved Mercy's witch look if they'd made a green variant, but you just get the usual witches black.

As for the unlocks...

Its nice that they are coin unlocks, but being triple the cost of regular unlocks is a bit steep. Though, I so want Ana's spray tag, even though I don't really use her.