Owning Halo Provides Unique "Flair" in Halo: Reach

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Hybridwolf said:
mad825 said:
so which Console gamer brought the PC version of Halo? the console version came out early.

I'm confused here, is this coming to the PC?
Whilst I'm sure this game would be far better on PC, considering Bungie are pretty much leaving to work with activison after Reach, it's looking unlikely. Hell, Halo 3 never made it onto PC.
YET!!

They said that they would never do Halo 2 for the PC and they did. Bungie is famous for saying no and then saying yes.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Well that's . . . really disappointing. I even have a Halo: CE save file on my 360, and the disk is right beside me now as I type this.

I mean, it's nice of them to appreciated their long-time fans and all, but wasn't it the console fans that made it such a success? Why not find a way to celebrate all your long time supporters.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
I'm starting to see a trend here: most of the people that have halo on PC don't have a 360 and are thus unable to take advantage of this offer, and most of the people that are going to get reach got halo for the original xbox and are also unable to take part in this offer...
Bungie didn't think this through very well...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh great, I have the Xbox 360 version. The one you can download off XBLA.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
Good thing I've used the multiplayer, then. I mostly got it just for the story after I got Halo 3 a year or so ago.

An extra I can actually get easily... amazing!

@Armageddon74400 They're doing the best they can... and they wouldn't be able to use it with Reach if they didn't have a 360 anyway, now would they?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I think that I still have my Halo CE for the PC laying around somewhere...

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
Òf course they can verify if a 360 console has halo c.e. game saves on it, it's obviously too much trouble to be bothered to do it.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
So, you have to have Halo on PC and the rest of the Halo series on X-Box/X-Box 360?

This will be fun to watch.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Way to support the PC community Bungie, I mean they won't make the other Halo's for the PC, yet they "apparently" do!

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Khaiseri said:
Way to support the PC community Bungie, I mean they won't make the other Halo's for the PC, yet they "apparently" do!
I love it. After being deserted by them only 2 parts of the story in, they reward us "most probably non-console-owners" with a bit that only works for a game we will never own.

How sadistic, it seems like Activision bought them for a reason and this is their initiation rite.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
Getting sick to death of this exclusivity. So to get all the armor, one would have to buy the legendry edition, have a copy of Halo activated on the PC, not the xbox, what next? People who played marathon can get-

Better stop there. At the rate bungies going at...
They said in the article that its not armor, just "visual flair". Probably a little icon next to your name in matchmaking or something like they did with people who linked their Xbox live account to their Bungie community accounts.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Darktau said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Hmm... I have the game on PC, pretty sure the key is registered since I have played it online, but I don't really care for Halo anymore and don't even own a 360... >_>
You totally want to give me your key? :) (If your ok with that ofc :) )

I would totally get CE, because I have been wanting to get it, but i cba if the code won't work, I like my cake with some icing ontop.
You can probably have it... I'm not going to be using it... lol
Now just to find it... >_>

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Is it sad that I own 2 keys for Halo CE? Does that mean I can redeem it twice?!

I'll probably just give the other key to my friend Blake

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
What? So those of us who actually have been supporting the series since the beginning (the Xbox version was obviously released first) get nothing? How nice of them...

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
...Wolfson clarified on the Bungie forums [http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=46755796&postRepeater1-p=1#46763276] that owners of a valid CD key for the game will receive a "small visual flair" in Halo: Reach....
"Small visual flair?" For people who were playing Halo from the very beginning? geeee, I wonder what it could be.....?

[small]It's a halo! They're going to get an actual halo for their characters in game!

......well, it's just a guess......[/small]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
ummm crud. idk if I played online with my Halo PC copy. but oh well whatever

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Wow. Kind of a kick in the balls for someone who played, loved, and cherished the original game, yet HATED the PC version. At least have Halo 1 on the 360 on your play history or something. That's just bullshit.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Huh, almost makes me wish I hadnt lost my CD key for that game. Actually I take that back. I wish I hadnt lost the CD key just because Halo 1 was awesome.