Owning Halo Provides Unique "Flair" in Halo: Reach

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Bungie has no way of detecting if players have the arguably more popular original Xbox version of the game, so console owners are out of luck.
Erm, how about if it's in your Recently Played list on your 360? If you sign in and play an original Xbox game, it's in your history. How is that hard to detect? The technology has been around since at least 1998.[footnote]If Psycho Mantis can do it, so can Bungie.[/footnote]

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
I don't have a 360, but maybe I can give my cd-key to my friend. Then he'll owe me....

[small]DUN[/small] DUN DUN!

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Amazingly, I have a copy of HALO for PC that I bought back when it first came out. My ex lost the disk, but the cover with the serial was at the bottom of a drawer. Wonder what they'll be giving to players that held on to their keys...

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Sounds kinda cool, tragically I have only bought the games on Xbox so I won't get the same recognition as those who bought it on PC.
Which is lame because as anyone on this site can attest I most certainly support the Halo series. Still I am kind of curious as to what the 'flair' will be but for the most part I can deal with Forge World and Firefight Versus and space combat so I don't think not having the Flair will bother me too much.

I mean I have the pre-ordered Legendary edition. By right I have a lot of stuff heading my way.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
So this seven year old coaster will now serve one of my friends a purpose? Lucky them.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
...Wolfson clarified on the Bungie forums [http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=46755796&postRepeater1-p=1#46763276] that owners of a valid CD key for the game will receive a "small visual flair" in Halo: Reach....
"Small visual flair?" For people who were playing Halo from the very beginning? geeee, I wonder what it could be.....?

[small]It's a halo! They're going to get an actual halo for their characters in game!

......well, it's just a guess......[/small]
Maybe when you get killed you get a little beyonce singing Halo in the corner

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Most big Halo fans nowadays did not even play Halo 1. Not first anyways. I did, but now I hate Halo. Ironic.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
The ONE time I buy a console version of a game over the PC alternative and I get gypped out of a reward ten years later. I can't believe this...

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
If you played Halo on the 360 it would have made some saves, you can even see the 0/0 under your achievement list for the game. I don't see why Bungie can't use something similar to what Bioware used for Mass Effect 2 to give the console owners something.

I don't really care though. I've long since stopped caring about these comestic improvements Bungie and otehr devs give out, standard armor tends to look pretty good anyway.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Hybridwolf said:
Getting sick to death of this exclusivity. So to get all the armor, one would have to buy the legendry edition, have a copy of Halo activated on the PC, not the xbox, what next? People who played marathon can get-

Better stop there. At the rate bungies going at...
Because exclusive flares that impact gameplay in almost no way whatsoever (The flame might actually render invisibility useless.) is completely unfair and worth bitching about. I don't see the problem. There is more than enough other options for your Spartan, or didn't you see the picture?

Of couse other options become avaliable the higher a rank you are.

-----
I do want to say though that the idea of being unable to find out who has a Xbox copy of Halo 1 dosen't seem that good of an excuse. When I played Halo 1 on my Xbox 360 it showed up on my games played list. Same for Halo 2. How hard is that?

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
Bungie has no way of detecting if players have the arguably more popular original Xbox version of the game, so console owners are out of luck.
Bullshit. Do they not realize every Halo box has a unique UPC on it? You can write a program that makes you put the disc in the drive, too, to check if they actually have the game, or if they just used a key generator.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I have the original halo downloaded on my xbox's hard drive...
Roboto said:
Khaiseri said:
Way to support the PC community Bungie, I mean they won't make the other Halo's for the PC, yet they "apparently" do!
I love it. After being deserted by them only 2 parts of the story in, they reward us "most probably non-console-owners" with a bit that only works for a game we will never own.

How sadistic, it seems like Activision bought them for a reason and this is their initiation rite.
A PC version of Halo: Reach is going to come out eventually.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
I'm under the impression that Reach will belong to Microsoft, and it'll be up to them to release it on PC. Since Bungie aren't working with them anymore, I sadly think it'll be restricted to 360.
I thought that was true for the whole franchise? I was under the impression MS owned it, but Bungie made it.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Microsoft kept most of the publishing rights to Halo Series IP when Bungie separated. That is why the new IP from Bungie/Activision is not going to be Halo.

I don't see it hard to just create a thing that reads discs for the console, for those of us who have the whole collection.

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
I would so get this if my third 360 didn't RROD and totally put me off ever playing a 360 again.