Owning Halo Provides Unique "Flair" in Halo: Reach

Not So Tuesday

Aug 16, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
Getting sick to death of this exclusivity. So to get all the armor, one would have to buy the legendry edition, have a copy of Halo activated on the PC, not the xbox, what next? People who played marathon can get-

Better stop there. At the rate bungies going at...
No keep going, I'm 3 for 3 :D

Apr 28, 2008
Awesome. Still have the PC game and I play the custom edition quite often.

Bring on Reach!

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
That's retarded. They narrowed down the community so much. What about this: People who have purchased Halo: Combat Evolved on the XBLA? All that data is at hand, c'mon.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Hybridwolf said:
Silver Patriot said:
Yes, it's nothing major, and there is a large amount of options for your character, thats true. But wait a min, because I never decided to get a second copy of halo, for my PC, I'm getting penalised, because bunige are too lazy to check if you've played halo on the xbox? I know you've already raised this point, but considering I raised it earlier, I get the impression you just skimmed my post and assumed that I'm complaining about the armor. If you want to spend that much on a legendary edition, so snipers have an easier time, fine by me. But If I have a copy of Halo on the Xbox, and I'm being told to piss off, whilst some PC gamer who picked it up cheap in a bargin bin, and has no intention of getting reach, is given a gift for his "loyalty", then Bungie are morons.
First, your post was two-three sentences and some fragments. I don't think in depth reading was required.

Second, I had a bit of a hard time assessing what was you main point in your previous post. (Which I will post here for simplicity.)

Hybridwolf said:
Getting sick to death of this exclusivity. So to get all the armor, one would have to buy the legendary edition, have a copy of Halo activated on the PC, not the xbox, what next? People who played marathon can get-

Better stop there. At the rate bungies going at...
From what I read here I came across three possible interpretations.

A. You were mad that this exclusive "flair" could give one an unfair advantage in matchmaking.

B. You were mad you couldn't "complete" the game so to speak.

C. You didn't want a bunch of ****** running around going "look how cool I am with my recon hayabusa super awesome flaming head" or whatever while you had about 5 options.

I wanted to make it immediately clear the armor had no impact on gameplay what so ever. I also wanted to point out that the variety of options makes point C less of a problem.

What I didn't address however was point B. It should be pointed out that there is a "completed" bar somewhere. However it doesn't account exclusive items like this one or the Legendary helmet.

I also want to make a few additional points.

1. "Exclusive" items are not new or do I think they are bad. Lets look at TF2's hats for example. Some of those items will never be available again or only belong to a certain group {*Cough* Ear Buds *Cough*) but no one complains. It just means they are "representing" their group.

2. Do I like that Bungie is leaving the Xbox players without anything. No, no I don't. But is their really a way for then to check? PC's have keys. You need them to play (most) games. Consoles don't. Games can be switched, traded, reused , whatever as long as you have the disk. Bungie had a cut-off date for the keys usable. They can't do that with a Xbox, can they check the non existent Halo Xbox Live states because Halo 1 didn't have Xbox Live. Also adding to the confusion is the Halo 1 being available on the marketplace. It is just not doable in a way that would only benefit old Halo 1 players.

2a. That being said I remember hearing (and please don't quote me on this) that people that played Halo 2 on Xbox Live during its run will also have access to a "flair" of their own. This makes sense to me seeing as how all of those stats are kept on Bungie.net. (Well except for some of the earliest matches. They got "purged")

[Edit]

Bungie Weekly Update: 02.12.10 [http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=24791]
Bungie Weekly Update: 04.23.10 [http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=25798]

Found it. If you EVER played Halo 2 multiplayer you get a flair too. You can stop being angry now. If you never played Halo 2 multiplayer on Xbox Live, what makes you think you should get a multiplayer flair for Halo: Reach?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I still don't regret my decision for selling Halo PC. Am I the only sane person here who doesn't care even a bit (aka: doesn't give a shit) for Halo Reach?

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
I still don't regret my decision for selling Halo PC. Am I the only sane person here who doesn't care even a bit (aka: doesn't give a shit) for Halo Reach?
I have a 360, but I don't use it exclusively and I refuse to pay for live, so that cuts down a lot of my interest in the game right there. While I like the direction that it seems to be taking, 2 and 3 made me drop any expectations for the franchise. I'm not saying it won't be a good game, but by now I'm Halo'd out.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Darkness62 said:
ColdStorage said:
I bought Halo 1 and 2 on PC and I can safely say that Halo 2 didn't work, it was jumpy at the best of times and that was using a superb PC, shame really as Halo CE was fantastic in a much higher resolution.

Would you mind sharing your PC key with someone, its not nice that your keeping it without using it, unless your lying to get attention. Of course no one can force you too, but being nice to your fellow man is well... nice!.
Are you really that stupid? but here is my key for the first to use it.

Perhaps you should check out a EULA sometime? Also of course I have it, how else would I know it is a mediocre, generic, dumbed down FPS?
I meant more give it to a friend, most publishers don't like CD keys being put on the internet.

I actually had 3 copies of Halo on the PC but I can't find the disc's, my nephew must have nicked them to trade the sod.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Well, no love for the people who made it huge in the first place, huh?

No qualm with the PC version, I likes me the PC. I'm just saying, Halo:CE didn't revolutionize PC FPS.

Oh well. Does the Windows Live Halo 2 version work?

No?

Damn.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Hybridwolf said:
mad825 said:
so which Console gamer brought the PC version of Halo? the console version came out early.

I'm confused here, is this coming to the PC?
Whilst I'm sure this game would be far better on PC, considering Bungie are pretty much leaving to work with activison after Reach, it's looking unlikely. Hell, Halo 3 never made it onto PC.
In my opinion, the PC version was a pretty garbage port. I love the mouse more than the controller, but we're talking optimization here. Something was very, very wrong with this game. I played it several years after its release on a very powerful gaming PC which can push Crysis around, and Halo still ran and looked really crappy.

Anyways, this is just a really weird move by Bungie. If someone is a PC gamer what are the odds they own a console? Obviously there are people like me who own a gaming PC and a console (I own all of them actually!) but still not everyone does. Secondly, a more importantly, how many console owners bought Halo on the PC? I can't imagine very many.

It's just such a weird split and while I totally admit there are people out there who play everything, but ... I dunno, it's just weird.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
This pisses off 2 types of gamers.
1) The PC gamers cause halo ain't coming to it.
2)The console gamers because they got the halo game on the console.

This was a terrible idea.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
Warped_Ghost said:
This pisses off 2 types of gamers.
1) The PC gamers cause halo ain't coming to it.
2)The console gamers because they got the halo game on the console.

This was a terrible idea.
The sad thing is I have both copies and I have not played halo 1 for years because my "loyalty" went to buying and playing the sequels.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
I have my original copy I bought 2 years after it was released sitting in front of me right now! Too bad I'm not buying Reach right now, going to college, which means I'll be squeezing for cash like its Fred Phelp's neck.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
mad825 said:
so which Console gamer brought the PC version of Halo? the console version came out early.

I'm confused here, is this coming to the PC?
No they're just being assholes.