Pac-Man Trashes France

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Pac-Man Trashes France

Oh sure, Pac-Man looks harmless... but would it be so benign in real life? As French prankster Rémi Gaillard shows, munching dots isn't so easy in the real world.

Gaillard hails from the same school of douchebaggery as Mega64 - bringing absurd videogame situations into the real world at the expense of everyone around him. It's rude, it'd be annoying if it happened to you - but on film, it's downright hilarious.

Back in December, Gaillard donned the familiar red cap to do a Mario Kart [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87868-Real-Life-Mario-Kart-Action] spoof. Now, he's suiting up as someone yellow and round - not Homer Simpson, but as gaming's iconic first binge eater, Pac-Man.

Honestly, that's... pretty much all I have to say. If you ever wanted to watch Pac-Man and the Ghosts trash a supermarket, get hit with a golf club, and tackled by a security guard, then just watch the damn thing.

For a Frenchman, the guy has guts.*

*Note - We at The Escapist would like to offer a disclaimer and would never dream of impugning the noble French tradition of surrendering upon the first sight of conflict. They can't defeat you if you don't fight in the first place, right?

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
You can always count on the French to come up with something absurdly surreal and off the wall

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Ok. An amusing thought, yes. But the chaos and destruction is kind of unnecessary. You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Thats just downright hilarious.

That man deserves a medal. Or a croissant.

throwitinthetrash

Apr 15, 2009
Comparing this to Mega 64 for a second:
The french are apparently more aggressive than... the people of whatever city the Mega64-ers live in.
I don't think the M64 people got hit ever, though I haven't kept up with some of their more recent videos, and they did stuff of similar destructions levels (the MGS one has 'snake' go behind the counter, which could be interrpretted as him trying to steal something, and as he runs out he knocks over a table. Although, these guys were more... less caring about bystanders.)

confernal

Feb 5, 2009
scotth266 said:
Ok. An amusing thought, yes. But the chaos and destruction is kind of unnecessary. You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?
Are you CRAZY? The only way to have fun is with CHAOS and DESTRUCTION!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
That was awesome!
Anybody here speak French? What did he say into the camera at the end of the clip?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
The second I saw the title I thought of Remi Gaillard and I was right, all his videos are hilarious! =)

Baltist

Apr 15, 2009
Skeleon said:
That was awesome!
Anybody here speak French? What did he say into the camera at the end of the clip?
might be along the lines of "Turn that camera off!" but that's assuming he's law enforcement.
over all love the video.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Best part was when the store manager(?) tackled the hell out of that red ghost.

"Nice catch, rojo nino. Too bad your ass got sssssaaaaaaaaacked."

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
The Snail (A different video from him) was perhaps the best thing I've ever seen.

Nov 5, 2007
Skeleon said:
That was awesome!
"That's by doing Pac-Man that you become anybody." The name of the website is nimportequi.com which is anybody.com in english so I guess it's their thing.

scotth266 said:
You can make a silly video without causing a public disturbance, alright?
Dude, it's France. There's a strike or a riot every week so public disturbance is kinda common.