Pachter Claims He Was Guessing About Twisted Metal

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Pachter Claims He Was Guessing About Twisted Metal

After setting rumor mongers ablaze, Michael Pachter now admits he was "guessing" about David Jaffe working on a new Twisted Metal title.

It seems that all the rumors on the net about David Jaffe working on a new Twisted Metal game don't actually have anything backing them up. After the game's possible existence was revealed last week, Jaffe claimed that industry analyst Michael Pachter wasn't on the ball about this <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101010-Jaffe-Says-Twisted-Metal-Reveal-Was-A-Joke>because there's no such game in development.

"Amused & surprised people not seeing Pachter's comment as the joke it was," Jaffe tweeted after he saw people's reactions across the web.

Even Michael Pachter is now admitting that his comment was pulled out of thin air. Speaking to Eurogamer, the analyst for Wedbush Morgan dismissed his comments last week as things that shouldn't have been taken seriously. "I know nothing about what David [Jaffe] is working on, other than that it is a 'really great game', according to him, but I suppose that goes without question," Pachter said in the interview.

"My Twisted Metal comment is purely conjecture," Pachter further explained. "It's the game I hope he's working on, but I do not have confirmation from him about it... it wasn't a slip, it was an intentional comment, and it is just my best guess as to what he's working on. For the sake of the gaming community, I hope I'm right."

So, sorry, everyone, it seems like we're going to be waiting a while for a new Twisted Metal game.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/being-michael-pachter-interview>Eurogamer

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
What is Pachter's position and why does he think he seems to know the gaming industry inside out? I watch Patch Attack now and then and the only thing I could gleam from it is that he is a lawyer of some kind...and his boss has a Wii

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Anyone who takes what Pachter says seriously is very silly indeed. He is an idiot and I don't understand why he gets so much media attention when there are so many other people who know what they are talking about that don't.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I guess I could describe what I'm feeling and make a formal and humble opinion, but I really can't be bothered.

Calumon: Why do we listen to people who make guesses about the future. Hey guys, I think there's a new 2D Zelda in the works!

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
Maybe it's for the best that the Twisted Metal franchise isn't being relaunched - with all the relaunches in our world today it'd probably suck.

Just make a similar game with a different name, lol.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, the truth is finally revealed! Well, it was good while it lasted!

Burgertime

Intellivision Collector
Mar 10, 2010
A lot of signs have been pointing at Jaffe working on a new Twisted Metal game. His Twitter avatar, his appearances all over the place that have been listing Twisted Metal as one of the main series he worked on, especially on The Tester, which was while the big focus was on God of War 3. Heck I could of sworn that he stated himself he was working on it. It's no surprise at all that Pachter would think that it's coming out.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
F*** you Pachter! You're the reason that rumor ran around? If I had known I would have dismissed it immediately, but I didn't and I got my hopes up. ... f*** you... I hurt inside man... I hurt.

I must still be in denial since I think this is one huge publicity stunt he's in on.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
uppitycracker said:
Pachter never should be taken seriously, in my humble opinion.
w3rd, just look at his answer to the Ubisoft DRM. the man totally misses the point XD

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
And yet this site hangs on his every word.....

About time the editorial staff here got a new source wouldn't you say?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Bretty said:

Why is that? This is a perfectly solid source of lulz. I believe that *was* quite likely one of the original motivations of the editorial staff to cover his statements.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
Could've stopped the title at the first five words.

Every time I see the guy's name (which I never fail to read as "Patcher" for some reason), I wonder who he is and why anyone cares what he thinks "might" or "should" happen at some undetermined point in the future. I find his opinions about as relevant as a politician or movie critic, and every mention of his name in the gaming press fills me with nearly as much annoyance as Jack Thompson's name did not so long ago.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
isnt pratcher the one who said he liked the ubisoft drm? if he was then we should have expected him to be pulling shit out of his ass

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Loonerinoes said:
Bretty said:

Why is that? This is a perfectly solid source of lulz. I believe that *was* quite likely one of the original motivations of the editorial staff to cover his statements.
I really doubt it, especially if you have read any of the most recent stories that the staff have put forward. Namely the most reason Twisted Metal creator who was obviously twisting the truth...

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Bretty said:

The problem is that when the man talks, the entire industry listens. While we may report on what he says, that doesn't mean we believe him to be the Final Word On All Things Gaming.

Smokeydubbs

Mar 18, 2009
I wouldn't automatically doubt what he says. He has knowledge about the game industry that most consumers do not. While most of what he says is him guessing, sometimes he knows something that others don't. Even his clients don't take his word on everything, that's just how it works.