Pachter: Dragon Age III Pushed Back Due To The Old Republic

May 17, 2010
Elmoth said:
Maybe they can make it a proper RPG with this extra time.
They have only pushed it back not given an indefinite amount of time to come up with stuff , they are only men not gods.

Nov 28, 2007
I'm fine with a delay. DA2 had potential, but they didn't connect it enough to the first game, so it couldn't stand as a sequel, and it was not good enough to really stand on its own.

As for ME3, I enjoyed 99.9% of the game. The ending was lame, and the added cutscenes they plan to add will not help.

Unless they figure out some way to make the mass relays exploding not an issue. That was my main problem with the ending.

Bioware has been slipping a bit. I'm not blind to that. But I can still say that I have yet to see a bad game from them.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
DA2 had been an unequivocal improvement on Origins had they been granted another year of development.
As it turns out, it was a diamond in the rough with vastly more latent ambition and potential than its predecessor.

I'm very optimistic with regards to DA3.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Gather said:
Don't make fun of the setting; it's a brilliant setting... Just poorly written and designed.
I've got no hate for the setting, just DA2's implementation. I even thought the writing was pretty good, just crippled by lack of resources.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
animehermit said:
I don't think this will happen. Bioware's pretty good at responding to criticism, especially when it comes to something this plainly obvious.
Well, I certainly hope so (I'd love a new DA with a broader scope). But if (if) this news is true, and from what we saw with DA2, DA is bottom of the heap for Bioware, so there's a big difference between what the people working on it would like to do and they're given the resources to do.

I certainly don't think the initial design for DA2 involved the massive cut and paste it ended up with.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Dragon Age 2 had its rough parts, that's a given. Still, some parts of it were incredibly enjoyable. It also sets up nicely for the next installment -- if Bioware can make it as good as DA:O. I am all for waiting an extra year or two if it means a quality game. After the ME3 fiasco, though, I won't hold my breath. The EA overlords are doing a great job so far running this company into the ground.