Pacific Rim Kaiju Attack Recreated in Massive Lego Sculpture

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Pacific Rim Kaiju Attack Recreated in Massive Lego Sculpture

Pacific Rim has never looked better than it does in this amazing Lego diaroma created by builder OliveSeon.

Okay, so maybe in a technical sense Pacific Rim looked "better" on a gigantic theater screen, but Lego has a way of making everything just a little bit cooler, at least when it's done well - and this confrontation between a Kaiju and a Jaeger is done very, very well indeed.

The work was created by OliveSeon, a Lego artist from South Korea who has put together an impressive array of Lego art above and beyond this spectacular scene, including builds featuring Godzilla, Mothra, some generic (I think) fantasy landscapes and a number of really great Star Wars scenes.

[gallery=1837]

Impressive, no? I may be a fully-grown adult but even so, I don't mind admitting it: This is the kind of work that makes me just a little bit jealous.

Source: Flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/72984233@N02/with/10152541206/]

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Part of me is saying, "God, that person has a lot of free time" but that's the part of me I leave in a cage in the corner of my mind. The rest of me is saying, "Holy fuck nuggets, I wish I had that!".

Edit: I wonder what those weigh...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I have most of the models that make up the city!

Unfortunately, I don't own the Kaiju or Jaeger...

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
There's the one part of me going "Gipsy Danger's not green!" "They used the boat against Otachi, not Knifehead!" "Gipsy and Knifehead fought at sea, not in a city" but then there's the rest of me going "That is pretty freaking badass."

Sep 14, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Part of me is saying, "God, that person has a lot of free time" but that's the part of me I leave in a cage in the corner of my mind. The rest of me is saying, "Holy fuck nuggets, I wish I had that!".

Edit: I wonder what those weigh...
yup exactly, you lock that fucker away in a deep dark corner in your brain, this shit is too awesome not to be jealous of.

I would do bad things to get ahold of these sets...

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
04whim said:
There's the one part of me going "Gipsy Danger's not green!" "They used the boat against Otachi, not Knifehead!" "Gipsy and Knifehead fought at sea, not in a city" but then there's the rest of me going "That is pretty freaking badass."
Isn't that part of the magic of LEGO?

You can have the matchups of your dreams! Or the color of your dreams too, in this case.

I'd be remiss to not also mention that this is awesome.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Gipsy Danger VS Knifehead: THE REMATCH!!

Yeah, I'd pay to see that. This is some sweet lego-workin'.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
04whim said:
Obviously that Jaeger is not Gipsy Danger. Also that's not Knifehead since that Kaiju had six legs while this LEGO Kaiju only has four.

I wonder though, did OliveSeon mean to make Knifehead and Gipsy Danger? It almost seems like he did.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
04whim said:

If I had to guess, the jaeger looks more like the Gen 1 piloted by Marshal Penetcost during Mako's childhood drift induced flashbacks.

Wait, let me go look that up...

Nope. That LEGO jaeger is just some sort of composite of different bits and stuff that just worked. It's got a visible chest reactor like Gypsy Danger, the more rounded shoulders of Coyote Tango... and the helmet of Master Chief?

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
Also that's not Knifehead since that Kaiju had six legs while this LEGO Kaiju only has four.
Take another look, especially the full cityscape. That Kaiju has four arms and two legs, so it's close enough to Knifehead to be Knifehead.