Page 56, Sentence 9?

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Ok, so I saw this being done on another website and thought it would be fun to play here.

All you have to do is grab the book closest to you (the closest one, no running off to find a manly book) and turn to the 56th page. When you have gotten there simply copy down the 9th sentence on that page. I'll begin:

"Rapp saw something, an acknowledgement that his words had stirred something in Haggini's limited brain."
Extreme Measures, Vince Flynn

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
"What's going on? Why is my father trying to kill us?"

Running With Scissors, by Augusten Burroughs

Which by the way, is a thoroughly amazing memoir, I heartily recommend it to anyone. If your wondering as to what it's about, hit me up with a message.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"I can see you haven't been with the opera long, dear."
Maskerade. Terry Pratchett

It was the closests Discworld book. A foot more and I'd have to choose from the collection.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I mean, if Eaten Young hang onto their singer, these guys are seriously commercial.

The War of the Flowers by Tad Williams

ConstantJoe

Apr 10, 2009
"Magic is one thing, and reflected-sounds-of-underground-spirits is another," he said.

Anyone want a guess what the book is?

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
"As result-for Nick Rostu, at least-the downlevel world always seemed slightly unreal"

Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight by Michael Reaves.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
No one will guess this so I will just say, the closest book to me was my lab book:

'Trajectory r(1) = r(ts) + delta, r(2) = r(ts)'

Sorry but I wanted to stick to the OP. Don't ask me to explain this, its a few years old.

The Riff

Aug 23, 2008
"Vi var utenkelig ferske i orienterings faget, o i tillegg var det, i alle fall etter vår mening, usedvanelig dårlig samsvar mellom kart og terreng"

Det prefekte kastet

It's norwegian, good luck translating it all.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
The Riff said:
"Vi var utenkelig ferske i orienterings faget, o i tillegg var det, i alle fall etter vår mening, usedvanelig dårlig samsvar mellom kart og terreng"

Det prefekte kastet

"We were unthinkable in the recent ORIENTEERSIMON discipline, oi addition, there was, at least in our opinion, used vanelig poor match between the map and the terrain" The Prefect thrown

That's what Google says, seems to have made a few mistakes though...

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
"He reached out and pulled the limp bird from Aziraphale's coat, and then blew gently on it."
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman.

Azazcyh

Chocobo Wrangler
Jul 3, 2008
The Riff said:

Det prefekte kastet

We were unthinkable in the recent ORIENTEERSIMON discipline, oi addition, there was, at least in our opinion, used vanelig poor correspondence between map and terrain

The Prefect thrown...

EDIT: Ninja'd

"Deep adj. going down a long way."
Dictionary.