Pandemic Employees Channel "Office Space"

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
That video actually for some odd reason makes me want to cry. I loved, and still love Pandemic.

[HEADING=1]Why EA!? WHY!?[/HEADING]

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
Furburt said:
If it were me, it would be a fertilizer bomb at EA's offices. But hey, this is almost as good.
If I my dream studio got destroyed by EA, I too would be tempted to bomb EA's head office, heck it's easy to do, but in this day and age, I'm already paranoid by black helicopters following me around anyway.

Terrorism achieves nothing productive anyway.

Politicly motivated vandalism however...

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
God, I miss pandemic already.
I love this ad so much :)

P.S.
Furburt said:
If it were me, it would be a fertilizer bomb at EA's offices. But hey, this is almost as good.
Nah, it's just been too hard to get your hands on any sizable amount of AN fertilizer since the feds put a ban on the stuff.

I would go with the good ole' semetex & gasoline method. You'd be suprised how a little gasoline can amplify the effect of explosives...

*Peaks out of blinds to see if feds are watching*

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Great video for an excellent company. Hope they get together and start creating something else.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
you'd think they'd be too worried about finding a new job to go out and waste time making a video. I'm with that analyst who thinks this is an inside job, a cash-in for that one EA CEO who's former Pandemic. I bet these guys are getting a good cut from him, so they think "fuck it, we'll just buy a new printer!"

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
A printer? Seriously? Why not the mainframe? Or one of the blade servers?

Don't get me wrong, I very much liked that toner-filled wanton destruction, but if my eleven year old development studio got closed down by some inhuman, greedy shithole of a company, I'd be doing more than just break a lousy printer...

Pandemic! It's in the name! Do some nasty biohazard stuff, like shit on the carpet or spread some flu around. Better yet, spread some virus, computer virus, that's be classy! THAT would've been the way to go!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
cool video, tho i'm a bit two sided about it

the kid in me likes the destruction and the Gheto Boys

the network admin in me say "there's no way that HP printer is dead, they last for years" i've used way too many HP printers to know they are the best printers around

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Aren't these the guys make that WW2 sandbox game with an Irish guy in Paris?
That game is still coming out, far as I know and these guys get fired?

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Aren't these the guys make that WW2 sandbox game with an Irish guy in Paris?
That game is still coming out, far as I know and these guys get fired?
i think the game you're thinking about is saboteur, they fired everyone they didn't need to, to launch the game, which means although some people are briefly retaining their jobs until the game is launched, a majority of the people from the two studios (unfortunately one was Australian) were fired.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
So what exactly has that poor printer to do with Pandemic being shut down by EA?

neosman8

Nov 9, 2009
sweet they ended their jobs with a bang shame they couldnt have doent hat to the office though

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
RIP Pandemic.

But this actually made me a little teary eyed. Me and my dad love this movie and we watched it when he went into heart surgery. Now this scene is like our "Inside Joke"

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Furburt said:
Way to liken yourself to Timothy McVeigh.

"If it were me, I'd get 19 of my comrads to hijack planes by holding box cutters to children's necks and crashing the planes into EA..."

oranger

May 27, 2008
I've said it before, and I'll repeat it here:
there should be a new saying, something like "if EA buys your studio and you don't have equity, you are so screwed."

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
SharPhoe said:
paypuh said:
But that wasn't the song playing when they smashed the printer in the movie. It was "Still" by the Geto Boyz, which would have made this video one million times better.
I'm thinking that they either didn't have the rights to use that song (what with Youtube being the way it is), or they wanted something more fitting for their own situation.

EDIT: Okay, now this is going to sound odd, but...
There are three Pandemic employees in this video.
Why then, am I seeing four different pairs of shoes over the course of the printer destruction?
I have a guess (that the employee wearing flip-flops probably switched into boots for safety reasons), but still just an odd thing to notice.

EDIT EDIT: ...Okay, now that I actually watched to the end, it turns out there WERE four guys.
Which is weird because... where'd the 4th guy come from?
uhhh... camera man?

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
That video actually for some odd reason makes me want to cry. I loved, and still love Pandemic.

[HEADING=1]Why EA!? WHY!?[/HEADING]
"EA is NOT stupid, they are just greedy, exploititive fucks"
-yahtzee crenshaw