Pandemic Employees Channel "Office Space"

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Pandemic Employees Channel "Office Space"

When Pandemic closed its doors on November 17, three of its employees decided there was only one appropriate response: one involving a baseball bat, a sledgehammer and a crowbar.

Three anonymous employees took a printer from the Pandemic offices out to a field and converted it into plastic shards and dust. They filmed the excursion and added an expletive-laden gangster rap soundtrack resulting in both a reference to the scene in last week [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/].

The closing of a creative studio affects us all, and my heart goes out to the families of those who lost their jobs. But if there was a way to go out with a bang, these guys nailed it. With a crowbar.

And ... feathers? Nice touch, fellas.

Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/23/watch-ex-pandemic-staff-beat-up-a-piece-of-printing-equipment/]

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Not feathers, wheat, from the adjacent field. Well done, boys. Sorry about your sacking, but way to go out with a surprisingly smoky black cloud.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I've always been a secret fan of the Destroy All Humans games, so I was sad to hear that the studio that made them was closing down.

Regardless, I'd rate this as one of the best ways to end your job. So long Pandemic! We shall always remember you!

Low Key

May 7, 2009
But that wasn't the song playing when they smashed the printer in the movie. It was "Still" by the Geto Boyz, which would have made this video one million times better.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
paypuh said:
But that wasn't the song playing when they smashed the printer in the movie. It was "Still" by the Geto Boyz, which would have made this video one million times better.
I'm thinking that they either didn't have the rights to use that song (what with Youtube being the way it is), or they wanted something more fitting for their own situation.

EDIT: Okay, now this is going to sound odd, but...
There are three Pandemic employees in this video.
Why then, am I seeing four different pairs of shoes over the course of the printer destruction?
I have a guess (that the employee wearing flip-flops probably switched into boots for safety reasons), but still just an odd thing to notice.

EDIT EDIT: ...Okay, now that I actually watched to the end, it turns out there WERE four guys.
Which is weird because... where'd the 4th guy come from?

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
once again EA fucks the industry royally with a stupid decision. Oh well, EA just lost a great dev company, their loss and sadly the loss of those who worked at pandemic.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
shame, i thought Full Spectrum Warrior was pretty awesome. I have also heard of Destroy all Humans but i never played it...

I hate it when studios get closed down :(

Low Key

May 7, 2009
SharPhoe said:
paypuh said:
I'm thinking that they either didn't have the rights to use that song (what with Youtube being the way it is), or they wanted something more fitting for their own situation.
It turns out I was wrong though. The video was loading slow for me and I was only able to watch about 10 second before it cut off. I figured they were just going to play through "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta", but it did eventually turn into "Still".

Gangsta Shit! I'm happy now. :)

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
And what are EA going to do about it, fire them? Oh, wait... and they weren't even doing a bad job then.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Bob_F_It said:
And what are EA going to do about it, fire them? Oh, wait... and they weren't even doing a bad job then.
to be honest, if you were a big fan af mercenaries and battlefront, and DaH!, then you'd know they aren't really that good at making sequels, at least so i thought.
still pity they're gone, maybe some of them could re-form a new company...?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
I played the first Destroy All Humans, it was ok, it wasn't great though. And from what I understand the sequels just went down hill from there.

Apr 28, 2008
I did the same thing.

Only instead of a printer it was my xbox that red ringed 2 days I got it back from repair.
And I had 2 friends with me.

Words cannot describe the feeling I felt after that...

But still, its sad to see this studio close.