Pandora's Tower Scheduled for North American Release

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Pandora's Tower Scheduled for North American Release

The last of three highly requested Wii JRPGs will reach the Western hemisphere.

XSEED Games is one of those publishers that's good to have around, even if you never touch one of its games. Its output is essentially a laundry list of quirky Japanese titles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xseed_Games] that almost didn't make it stateside, from Shadow Hearts: From the New World to Ivy the Kiwi?. In Spring 2013, XSEED will be able to add another "almost-didn't-happen" title to its repertoire with Pandora's Tower for the Wii. If bringing a niche game to a dying system a full year after its European release sounds odd, well, that's basically what XSEED is here for.

"It's fantastic to be bringing such a highly-anticipated title like Pandora's Tower to such a vocal fan base," says Shinichi Suzuki, XSEED's president. "North American gamers have been very patient in waiting for this game to be released, and we're confident they will be pleased when they get their hands on the title." Pandora's Tower is an action/RPG that concerns a young adventurer's quest to rescue his ladylove from turning into a vicious beast. The longer he takes, the worse her prognosis becomes, making time management a critical gameplay element.

Fans of quirky JRPGs have been requesting Pandora's Tower's North American release for quite some time now. Three late-gen Wii RPGs caught their attention: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9875-The-Last-Story-Review], and Pandora's Tower. While the first two made it to the western hemisphere in 2012, all was quiet on the Pandora's Tower front for months before XSEED stepped in.

Some of you may remember that a group called Operation Rainfall [http://operationrainfall.com/operation-rainfall-campaign-for-xenoblade-chronicles-the-last-story-and-pandoras-tower/] first sparked widespread North American interest in the three JRPGs. After almost four years, its mission is complete. It's hard to say how much the games' releases were determined by activism, business concerns, or simply good timing, but it's always good to see fans rewarded for their patience. So, Asian and European folks: Will Pandora's Tower be worth the wait for those of us in the New World?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Seeing how Nintendo are shifting toward WiiU game these days it could sell alot to those who still own the Wii/ haven't bought the WiiU yet.
I haven't bought that game yet and I doubt I will since I stop playing the Wii these days (I just play games on the PC now).

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
First Ni No Kuni, then Soul Hackers now this.

2013 is looking like a good year.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Xseed... You get all of my squee. All of it. Just take it before I change my mind and give it to Atlus or Nippon Ichi instead.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Marshall Honorof said:
So, Asian and European folks: Will Pandora's Tower be worth the wait for those of us in the New World?
Well having not played it myself but having a sister that went out and bought it, I'd have to say yes. Though on a separate note, if America is considered the West and Asian countries are considered the East then what is Europe and Africa considered? Of course this is all ignoring the fact that the Earth is round rather than a flat landscape meaning if you head solely in one direction such as west you are bound to reach Asia eventually.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
See this pile of money? Yeah this right here with all the cob webs on it. It has been waiting for this day. Also a great thank you, yet again, for the good work XSEED always seem to do.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Can't wait. I've bought and played Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story and enjoyed them both. I wasn't sure whether this game would have made it here on our side of the pond.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Well that's a shame, seeing how I just traded in my Wii for my WiiU and now I can't-

...wait, what's that? ...I can play Wii games on my WiiU? So I CAN play this game?

Gosh, I've gotten so used to companies removing backwards compatibility, this all just seems so alien...

/sarcasm

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I hear it's perhaps the weakest of the "Operation Rainfall trilogy", but good thing it's coming over regardless. Odds are I'll get to it eventually. The Last Story felt pretty average, but Xenoblade was more than worth every penny.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
Well that's a shame, seeing how I just traded in my Wii for my WiiU and now I can't-

...wait, what's that? ...I can play Wii games on my WiiU? So I CAN play this game?

Gosh, I've gotten so used to companies removing backwards compatibility, this all just seems so alien...

/sarcasm
To be fair, the WiiU isn't really backwards compatible so much as it comes packaged with a Wii.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
It'd be cool if the WiiU's first 'HD Collection', from Wii games, would be the 'Rainfall Collection'.
:D

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Between this, Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2013 is looking like it's gonna be a great year for the JRPG aficionado. Bravo, I say! Bravo! *sips tea*

I got this game on day one when it came out over here in Australia... and I gotta say, I was NOT disappointed. Okay, it's no Xenoblade or TLS, but it's a fantastic game in its own right. It's part Zelda and part dating sim... and it WORKS. Pandora's Tower, everybody! Don't let this game pass you by!

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Good on you XSEED, it's nice to know some publishers are willing to listen.
Now if only Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow would make it out of Japan. If only...