Parents Fight To Use Dead Son?s Sperm To Create Posthumous Grandchild

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Eh...creepy. It´s not their call. If the son didnt manifest any desire to have a posthumous child, i think it´s not right.

Great thread!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Well if he has a wife already I don't really see a problem with it.

That's a new question for the ages "Who gets control of your jizz after you die?"

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Did anyone else laugh after reading the headline?

I'm thinking maybe the parents should just do the nasty themselves and give themselves another child instead, unless one of them happens to be sterile or something.

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
What an awesome first post!

I think they shouldn't have the right, because of the impact it could have on the child. Being raised without you father, or having your father die early in your childhood is one thing, being raised as the son/daughter of a dead man is something very different. Also, it's creepy as shit.

I am kinda surprised noone has made the Darth Vader comparison yet:

"They never told you what happened to your father"

"They told me enough! They told me he died before i was conceived, and by your wish his sperm was extracted and used to conceive me!"

"No, i am your father"

"Seriously? That's the most ridiculous cover story i've ever heard."

"Well, it worked"

irongears

Aug 30, 2010
Wow, this is truly WEIRD, but the the fact that this is even an issue just gave me an "OMG, WE ARE LIVING IN THE FUTURE" moment.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I understand how they're thinking.

Doesn't make it any less creepy, though. Not that "it's creepy" is any legitimate reason to stop them.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Fair point I guess, if its ok to take his organs to help others with the parents conscent then why not let the parents get some sort of peace from taking his organ (high fives) and creating a grandchild from it?

It doesnt say but Im guessing they only had 1 kid and he isnt around to provide them with the love parents get from a child so I guess by creating a grandkid from his dna and a random chick who could well have been his gf / wife then ultimately they are getting the next generation to dote on like all parents dream of from the day their kid is old enough to be a responsibile adult.

So I hope they get their wish. Im still alive and my mom is constantly suggesting I should "accidently" get a girl pregnant, but then again my mom is like the only amongst her brothers and sisters not a grandma yet =P

GeeksUtopia

Feb 26, 2011
Creepy yes, questionable yes, something that this world can deny cause of it being unethical, no. for years people have been doing strange and some what weird as hell crap, but this is nothing new, they will do it, and then they will have a drama, and then it will either be on the news or on a reality tv show.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
It's quite creepy, especially seeing as he wasn't in a relationship. But I suppose, if they can find a woman who'd be willing to do it, and they can raise the child well enough, then it's their decision.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Olofelefant said:
Schreck157 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I don't see a problem with it. Also, that is a....unique first post. Welcome to the Escapist! Just watch out for Candlejack. He lives in the bas
Candlejack doesn't live in th
Incredibly off-topic, but who is Candleja

Seriously though, who is he?
A internet meme, an awesome character from an awesome show, an

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
So yeah, neph`, your dad was dead and we made you from the sperm of his corpse :D

-20 years later-
STOP FUCKING KILLING PEOPLE YOU INSANE FUCK, GET OVER IT! Watch out for that flying car

Olofelefant

Feb 18, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Olofelefant said:
Schreck157 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I don't see a problem with it. Also, that is a....unique first post. Welcome to the Escapist! Just watch out for Candlejack. He lives in the bas
Candlejack doesn't live in th
Incredibly off-topic, but who is Candleja

Seriously though, who is he?
A internet meme, an awesome character from an awesome show, an
Shit that is actually quite frightening.

A bit like slenderman then.