Parents Television Council Calls Game Industry "Thugs" and "Bullies"

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
"conservative watchdog groups" can fuck right off. All they ever do is get in the way of what is reasonable and right.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
....IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously just because we want first amendment rights like television and other mediums makes us bullies?!?!

To quote Insane Clown Posse on this one.

~Fucking Logic!! How does that work!?!?~

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
hngryGenghis said:
They ought to hire Genghis Khan to take care of these bullies. I was the greatest defender of nerds back in my day in the schoolyards of Mongolia. I'd teach these cyberbullies (and real life ones) a thing or two. Hahahaha!
I dont want to break it to you, but you spelt your name wrong.

*Hides in corner*
:O....Hey I see you in the corner there! and Holy crap! Finally someone else with those Candy Badges XD

Lol I thought I was the only one.

Gileseypops

Sep 16, 2009
On Senator Yee saying that he has been personally targeted by the video games industry, could somebody not just call him out on that? Demand that he name specifically which companies have targeted him? I'm certain that if he is called out on this he will be directly accusing many video games companies, resulting in accusations of slander, resulting in legal action against him that would not only spread his time and resources thin, but also, most likely, destroy this claim and his credibility. We need to call him out on this folks. The devil is in the detail. ;) x

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Yup, because gamers can really throw their weight around in this situation. Has anyone in America aside from actual gamers listened to our side at all?

Fucking hypocrites.
They hear us all right. They're brains are just so fucked up that everything we say turns into racial slurs, insults, praise for Satan and evil and general greediness.

My reaction [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjBm7bCrW8U&feature=related]. Then This [http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/asian_facepalm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.chud.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D86300%26page%3D1325&usg=__9K8zU1tilupkV4FeW9fNKvVK9Aw=&h=474&w=406&sz=33&hl=en&start=0&sig2=Lxm5gi6n29GkMkEXuQN_tQ&zoom=1&tbnid=eQ5MnS9fABwb0M:&tbnh=152&tbnw=129&ei=bfDCTIWNKcuenAf3_I3dCQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmorgan%2Bfreeman%2Bfacepalm%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D809%26tbs%3Disch:10,100&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=129&vpy=277&dur=173&hovh=243&hovw=208&tx=85&ty=113&oei=ye_CTL6sApirnAfam5DQCQ&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0&biw=1440&bih=809]

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Parent groups amuse me. They tend to be full of people who are too lazy to do any real parenting themselves.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
I hardly think a council devoted to the management of content on television has any right to decide on what happens to videogames in any way, especially considering the state of American television censorship which actually considers sexual content to be worse than violence.

See, they could just talk about violence in videogames all they want, but there's violence in television too. Sex is the stuff they REALLY hate (you know, the really fun physical activity that half the time is actually something good between consenting legal people, as opposed to violence which is NEVER a good thing at all), and quite frankly they should appreciate the fact that there's less sex in videogames than there is in TV.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
FinalGamer said:
I hardly think a council devoted to the management of content on television has any right to decide on what happens to videogames in any way, especially considering the state of American television censorship which actually considers sexual content to be worse than violence.

See, they could just talk about violence in videogames all they want, but there's violence in television too. Sex is the stuff they REALLY hate (you know, the really fun physical activity that half the time is actually something good between consenting legal people, as opposed to violence which is NEVER a good thing at all), and quite frankly they should appreciate the fact that there's less sex in videogames than there is in TV.
Yeah but that would assume that groups like this run on logic,
If they did they would simply disband due to them having literally no logical arguements against sex and/or violence on tv/in games rather than skewed studies and cries of "think of the childeren".

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Politics as usual. Go talk a long walk off a short pier Parents Television Council.

I_am_acting

Sep 11, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
TheMann said:
blindthrall said:
PTC: Let the government raise your children so you don't have to. Wanna bet there'd be a rating for "seditious propaganda"?

This is where the conservatives in America stand now. Fuck, talk about forgetting your roots.
Okay here's the thing. This isn't where conservatives stand at all. Hell, if anything they're probably against it, considering one of their core values is personal responsibility. This is actually stems from a very liberal ideology of, like you said, letting the government do things for you because they somehow know best. If you want proof, look no further than the smug douche who wrote this bill [http://dist08.casen.govoffice.com/]. This guy's a liberal democrat from a district in San Fransisco; one of the most liberal cities in the U.S. I live in California, and am very aware of why at least 45 of the other states hate our guts. This state's been trying to shovel shit like this down the throats of the country for at least the last 20 years. Now, I'm not necessarily expounding my own politics or trying to start a political flame war here. (If it happens anyway then sorry, totally my bad.) I'm just trying to show who's actually responsible for this, and it ain't conservatives.

Basically, the main person to blame is Senator McAsshat who, one day while wafting his own farts out of a brandy sniffer, decided that parents just weren't raising their gosh-darned kids right, and only a true elitist can properly guide this nation's youth. Also, no matter what end of the political spectrum the PTC are on, or say they're on, they are stupid regardless and definitely deserve the ire of gamers everywhere. They are basically telling us that they are to dumb and lazy to raise their own children. When little Timmy of Sally puts GTA IV on their birthday wishlist, Mommy and Daddy are too lazy to look into the game content and make their own rational decisions. No, the PTC wants someone to do that for them. Why the ESRB somehow isn't good enough with their ratings, I have no idea.

Sadly I'm a PC gamer so due to lack of console I am regrettably devoid of an old gamepad to send to Senator Fucktard. I have and old busted mouse around here somewhere but that's just not the same. Also I still have my old Sega Game Gear, but I'm not parting with that. Hmm, maybe I'll hit up my cousin and see if he still has his old X-Box controllers.
I've been trying for a while now to make these same arguments about Leland Yee(D-CA) and how conservative people aren't to blame for this. But you might as well just save your breath, man. 99% of the people on Esc are uber-liberal college students who blame conservatives for everything under the sun. Didn't get hired for a job? Blame Bush. Lost your keys, it's Bush's fault. Dog peed on the carpet? Bush is to blame. Went to make a sandwich and only the crusty ends of the bread loaf are left? DAMN YOU, BUSH!!!

Seriously, this not a conservative v. liberal issue. This an issue of constitutional rights and fringe elements on both sides that are trying to change the constitution. I wish people would concentrate on that instead of trying to scapegoat anyone who isn't liberal. But that's sadly how this community operates.
i would also like to point out that the people who've tried to pass this in the past are also liberal Representatives like Hilary Clinton and Charles schumer

razing32

Feb 3, 2010
Puritanical non-sense at its best.

Virtual violence/sex is an outlet.A way to get rid of negative emotions.
They fail to grasp this , I honestly wish they did more research before opening their dumb mouthes.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5

Or in modern English,

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
We should start up our own organization to start insulting this group exclusively, well not really, that would only make things worse, would be fun though...

I want to see this group actually do something besides make remarks like this, they should actually discuss it with the opposing party.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
"How DARE you make a counter argument to my argument!?"

This is like an angry nanny yelling at the kids to not talk back at her.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
XD No, wait, I'm not done. XD Oh god, someone's going ot need to help me up.

Sorry, I just htink of my parents and my friends parents, and my dad is a gamer. My mom... well, she's a mom. But my friend's mom. XD She quite literally threw a playboy at us to see how we reacted a year ago.

This is just funny. especially when you consider when our generation has kids, we're going to go through a similar issue over something. XD