Parkour Team Brings Mirror's Edge To Life

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Parkour Team Brings Mirror's Edge To Life

The live-action tribute to Mirror's Edge created by parkour team Ampisound will take your breath away.

Mirror's Edge was never a big hit but those who like it, as the saying goes, like it a lot. People like the members of Ampisound [http://www.ampisound.com/], for instance, a "parkour production team" that yesterday released a live-action tribute to EA's first-person take on parkour.

"We're massive fans of Mirror's Edge, and are always getting comments and comments saying 'Wow this is like real life Mirrors Edge'," the team wrote on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mEnMMmSrQ]. "Well EA/DICE recently announced Mirrors Edge 2, and out of excitement we decided to put together this POV video!"

Not bad, eh? The red glove is a nice touch, and I maintain that Lisa Miskovsky's "Still Alive" is an outstanding videogame theme (here's the full version [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xyCOE8fNQ] if you haven't heard it) - and now I'm more excited for Mirror's Edge 2 than ever.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well that was awesome to watch. And I agree, Still Alive is an outstanding theme, in fact, I prefer it more than its more famous namesake in gaming.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
This [del]woman[/del] guy has a death wish as well as awesome Parkour skills.

I wish Faith was that good.

Makes me want to play Mirror's Edge again.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
How is she not street pizza? Sure, she's skilled, but everybody makes mistakes now and then.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Pretty damn awesome. Although,I have to say,that flip near the end? Show off. Not that I'm complaining,though. It's a magnificent piece of mobile art.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I can't believe that's real, she has no fear at all. Part of me wishes I could do that, then the part of my brain that she doesn't have (the part of me that cares about self-preservation) reminds me my bones would be powder. She is crazy and awesome and I want to see more.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I just have to ask, is the person in the video a woman? Because, for whatever reason, I'm getting a 'man' vibe. Either way, they are a finely tuned human machine, and their moves have made me wish the rooftops around here were just a little bit closer together.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Needs more bloom.

But seriously, that is some awesome skill right there. Faith needs to take some pointers.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
I think there needs to be a rule that every Parkour video is shot from this perspective for the rest of eternity. I won't deny that the stuff they do looks impressive from a third person angle, but this ramps that feeling up to 11.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I had a heart attack and I wasn't even the one jumping.

Looked frickin' sweet though. Wish I had the skills and fearlessness required to do this....I think. Would need elbow pads...and knee pads and a helmet and lots of bubble wrap.

obedai

Mar 19, 2010
Just saying guys, I can't speak for every location, but there are parkour gyms that exist. You can practice your skills in those (very heavily padded) locations before taking on anything like she was doing, if you would like to learn. Damn impressive stuff though.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I just have to ask, is the person in the video a woman? Because, for whatever reason, I'm getting a 'man' vibe. Either way, they are a finely tuned human machine, and their moves have made me wish the rooftops around here were just a little bit closer together.
It's a guy. Youtube description confirms it. I was getting the same vibe as you so I checked.

And with that particular city being Cambridge (UK), I'm fairly sure that he was breaking a few laws to make that movie... (Not to state the obvious, of course.)

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
I'd say a good piece of that was playing pretty close to the chest. Not exactly "risky". Then the rest of it was pretty darn ballsy, particularly the edge walking and the climbing up the building.

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
I completely forgot that Mirror's Edge has such a great soundtrack. Thank you for reminding me.

The parkour video was very nice too.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I was flinching at almost every jump, they must be incredibly brave.

Oh, and that song! Still giving me chills after all these years. Say what you will about Mirror's Edge, but you can't deny its amazing soundtrack.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeek. That kept making my stomach clench up. Parkour is badass and all, but I could never do it.

He looked like he was having to run funny to get his arms in frame.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
In the last decade or so, the cases of compacted knees in youth have apparently been going up in some places around Europe, Asia and places where buildings are commonly built quite close together, I heard in a talk at work.

I couldn't imagine it has anything to do with the recent popularity of jumping onto cement from very high places. Parkour looks cool kids, but it's very bad for you.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
That was cool. Wish I didn't live in a suburb... inverted V-shaped roofs that are 20 or so feet apart are incredibly hard and boring to navigate.

Sep 14, 2009
VanQ said:
In the last decade or so, the cases of compacted knees in youth have apparently been going up in some places around Europe, Asia and places where buildings are commonly built quite close together, I heard in a talk at work.

I couldn't imagine it has anything to do with the recent popularity of jumping onto cement from very high places. Parkour looks cool kids, but it's very bad for you.
*cringes*

jumping onto "concrete" from very high places.

cement = ingredient in concrete....

*engineering OCD*

OT: this was bloody awesome, not much more can be said.