Part you hate of a game you love.

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
I didnt read the second page onwards, but how did we get through an entire page without the water temple coming up. Ocarina of time...boss. but that freakin water temple!!

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
The movement speed in KOTOR. Amazing world and story, but running/walking is sooo slooooowww....

The Gatherer

Jul 7, 2011
Flamezdudes said:
Blitzball in Final Fantasy X.

I'm sorry but it sucked. The concept of it was cool and I enjoyed its cinematics like in the opening but the actual playing of it sucked.
you cant be serious? blitzball was one of the most attractive things about ffx, could of used a bit more pace to it tho, i will give you that.
My choices are either the looooooooooooong loading times in borderlands or the savanna car chase in resi 5

lord667

Sep 3, 2008
Oblivion: I have a good idea! Let's link 90% of the game's monster spawn code to the player's level...and make it possible for them to level up through Speechcraft, Mercantile, Sneaking and Alchemy! (Sure, we figured out how to game the system soon enough, but that first character was going REALLY well for a while!).

Also: The Imperial Subterrene. Accidentally overwriting my end-of-Imperial-Subterrene save. Item damage. Random chance to break repair hammers. Locked chests containing one lockpick. Weapon/spell hotkeys being hidden outside the inventory screen. The vampire face bug. The entire main quest. The Arena. Everyone's faces, especially when it's supposed to be a twist that they're actually vampires. Having to do the Siege of Kvatch quest at level 1 or else all the friendly NPC's become useless. Rats, goblins, rats, goblins, mudcrab, rats, goblins, rats, loot, repeat.

DA:O - Limited tactics slots.

DA2 - Not only re-using the same three level designs, but trying to hide it by changing which doors are locked.

X3 (Any of them) - the autopillock.

Every Paradox game except HOI3, and especially Crusader Kings - cheating AI that can sail wherever it wants, whenever it wants.

HOI3 - rubbish naval AI that would struggle to run the Isle of Wight Ferry, never mind mount the D-Day landings.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Major hate part i hated of a game was halo 2's ending.
Or in other games like red dead redemption when the main character dies..
I actually just hate finishing a game that i love to keep on playing.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
The Gatherer said:
Flamezdudes said:

I'm sorry but it sucked. The concept of it was cool and I enjoyed its cinematics like in the opening but the actual playing of it sucked.
you cant be serious? blitzball was one of the most attractive things about ffx

Bliztball as a minigame in FFX made me stop playing it. It was that bad.

OT: The fact you can't complete the game fully on the Normal difficulty (the lowest one) in Jamestown. You can only beat it FULLY on Legendary (normal = easy, difficult = normal, legendary = hard, judgement = super hard, divine = hardhardhardhardhardhardhardhardhard)

The Gatherer

Jul 7, 2011
GideonB said:
The Gatherer said:
Flamezdudes said:

OT: The fact you can't complete the game fully on the Normal difficulty (the lowest one) in Jamestown. You can only beat it FULLY on Legendary (normal = easy, difficult = normal, legendary = hard, judgement = super hard, divine = hardhardhardhardhardhardhardhardhard)
I see no point in that, in never forces you to play blitzball, its just an optional quest. and i pity you really for not carrying on, if you had you might have enjoyed the last truly good ff game of the series. i suggest you put your disdain for bb in your back pocket an give ffx another go.

Baalthazaq

Sep 7, 2010
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines: The tunnel sequences which go on forever. Repetitive, monotonous.
Diablo II: The tunnel sequences getting to Andariel. Repetitive, monotonous.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
-Circle of Magi in Dragon Age: Origins
-The final level of some of the activities in Saints Row 2
-The helicopter fight in Alpha Protocol
-Training in EA MMA
-The Collector fights in Mass Effect 2
-The beginning of Knights of the Old Republic. Way too long of an intro before I get my hands on a tasty light saber.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
In Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines...

... you fight those abominations the fleshcrafter made. I HATE THAT PART SO MUCH. It scares the living hell out of me and is just generally horrible.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Everything from halfway through disc 3 onwards in Final Fantasy VIII. Starting when they arrive at the Great Salt Lake.
(Although that place is pretty cool)
The feel of the game just seems to drop massively. Then it gets even worse in disc 4. I don't know what they were thinking when they made disc 4. <insert spoiler-causing name of final area here> was cool and all, but nearly everywhere else being closed off just made me feel isolated.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
The Gatherer said:
GideonB said:
The Gatherer said:
Flamezdudes said:

I see no point in that, in never forces you to play blitzball, its just an optional quest. and i pity you really for not carrying on, if you had you might have enjoyed the last truly good ff game of the series. i suggest you put your disdain for bb in your back pocket an give ffx another go.
The forced part, in the main quest. To move on. With the game. Still I don'thave my old memory card or a copy of FFX anymore. So I can't xD

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
The Haunted Mansion quest from Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.
Sure it was interesting the first time, but now every time I start a new game and have to go through it just bores the piss out of me.

SuperGauntlet

Jun 26, 2011
Vrex360 said:
Just Cause 2:
Tutorial sucks
There was a tutorial?

I really don't remember a tutorial. It just starts you with a mission.

I kinda liked that.

Anyways...

Team Fortress 2: Worthless little shits that won't change class from sniper/spy/pyro and don't know how to play their fucking class.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins: Fade and The Deep Roads

Both boring sequences that go on way too long.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Journal and THE GOD DAMN CLIFF-RACERS!

Journal is really unorganized and confusing and THERE IS NO END TO THEM (cliff-racers)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fallout 2: Tutorial Dungeon

Thinking of starting a gambling man who can speak his way trough every situation? Well, you have to start as a big piece of flesh that hits like a battering ram to get trough this tutorial.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Grinstead

Jun 1, 2011
the eleventh colossus from shadow of the colossus (Spoilers!!!!! its the size of a big bull so its techniqely not a colossus), it kept hitting me down and when i got back up it hit me again so i couldn't run away from it, plus it was also a ***** to fight cos it kept running away and shit like that

but its still an awesome, addictive, beautiful, and unique experience, if you have a PS2, buy Shadow of the Colossus ,or if u have a PS3 you can get when it rereleases in HD during september this year, don't miss out on Shadow of the Colossus

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
Harveypot said:
The final boss in Spiderman 2. I love the game but it always takes me ages to beat Doc Ock. Or maybe I'm just really bad at games. (seems more likely.)
Really, I always found him easy and rather fast to beat...

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Rotukai said:
Skies of Arcadia - I hated the original with the random encounters far too frequent... step step BATTLE! step step BATTLE! and so on
Thank god for the white map.