Part you hate of a game you love.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Nudu said:
Amarok said:
the characters have no personality beyond "we don't want to leave this colony despite the suicidal dangers of staying here"
I think you migh have missed the story...
Well, okay, they were
Already under the mind control effects of the Thorian, right?

If not that then, yes, it seems I have :)

njrk97

May 30, 2011
my would have to be in sly 3 the protect thehanger mission it one of those press the buttons to actavte traps to stop the bad guys also in sly the tnt run are long and boring cause you walk slow you cant jump so you have to toake the SUPER long way around

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Johnny Reb said:
Xaio30 said:
The movement speed in KOTOR. Amazing world and story, but running/walking is sooo slooooowww....
lvl 3 force run.
Massive screen blur = motion sickness.

Nothing I can do about that, sadly.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
The part at the start of Zelda Twilight Princess where you have to fish up the fish for a cat.

For the life of me I could not get it to work.

Probably one of the many reasons that game is my least favoured of the Zeldas alongside Phantom Hourglass. :<

GoWithDAFro

Feb 18, 2010
The thing that instantly popped into my head: In the first Golden Sun, an excellent game, theres a part where you have to protect the people rowing a ship across the sea. There is a 10 second cutscene where the monsters appear on the ship, and even if you kill them in one turn, it won't stop them from killing one of the rowers. So you have to go to another floor to get one of the passengers to row. This process repeats four times, and it's INCREDIBLY tedious,

Matt-Sama

Oct 31, 2009
I hate going through Oblivion gates in Elder Scroll 4. The rest of the game is superb but the oblivion world is just so red and boring and it always seems like a maze.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
The assassinations in AC 2 and onwards. They aren't all terrible, but they're irritatingly linear. In AC 1, you could map out your route with intel you gathered and feel like a bad-ass assassin. When they removed the intel-gathering (which was probably a good move), they lost that bit of choice and design. I wish they would re-integrate that into the game. Now it just feels like GTA. The series isn't bad...I just miss that.

The Gatherer

Jul 7, 2011
NaylerTheImpaler said:
I didnt read the second page onwards, but how did we get through an entire page without the water temple coming up. Ocarina of time...boss. but that freakin water temple!!
It's called selective amnesia, you block out the moments you REALLY don't want to relive :)

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Mass Effect 2: I'm currently playing through it again and I have to say it's pissing me off that I seem to be spending about 1/3 of my time playing ridiculous mini games. The planet scanning, the code hacking, the bypasses where you match pictures... enough already. It's a 10 hour game that takes 25 to beat.

Crysis: the entire game once you enter the alien hive thing. So pretty much the entire second half of it.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
Kingdom Hearts.

I love that game to death but DONALD is the most fustrating party member I ever had!
He never heals me. NEVER. Its like he has a vendetta against Sora.
Look Donald, it great that you want to heal up Goofy every second, but it's only bad if I die beacuse that would mean GAME OVER.
(Plus he dies faster then you can say "this ship runs on happy faces!")

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Those demonic walls in Okami.

You have to headbutt them to reveal their weak points, but you only have a few seconds to memorize them before you can use the Celestial Brush and mark them. This isn't so much of a problem if there's only 5 weak spots, but some walls have like 12 of them.

I fucking hate those things.
Oh god yes, the one on Demon Island stumped me for three days before I figured out that the order was important not the exact position. I also hated trying to catch the swordfish in Okami.

Also, in Jak 2 I hated the mission where you get the second seal piece in the water slums. Although I did discover a trick that makes it so much easier.

Lastly, the mimics in Rouge Galaxy. I know mimics are practically a staple of RPGs, but I'm not kidding when I say these mimics are harder than any of the bosses. They have ridiculous amounts of health, can knock all the HP of you and your partners with one hit, and are impossible to run from. When I run into them I just restart from my last save (I save constantly) and remember where they are so I don't run into them again.

StrappingYoungLad

May 19, 2010
Bioshock-Nearly everything after Finding Andrew Ryan
Dragon Age-The fade/deep roads
Halo-The library
Metal Gear Solid 4-Tracking the footprints
Kingdom Hearts 2-Atlantica
Mass Effect-Elevators and the mako
Fallout 3-The starting vault

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I like to tweak my characters up in Mass Effect 2. I start a new game, watch the cutscene, play the interactive ship section, go through the comic, watch another cutscene and finally reach character creation. Fix up the class, the face and the background, everything is cool and I get into gameplay. "Hmm, that beard isn't good enough, better change it, I will be playing this character for 50+ hours."

Opening cutscene. Character creation. Dislike.

Aaaand ragequit. Seriously, Bioware, skippable cutscenes? Or a fastforward? Anything?!

"No", says Bioware. "We put a lot of effort into this cutscene, you will just have to watch it and love it!" Then at least place character creation immediately after NEW GAME? "No", says Bioware again. "We will save it for the sequel. You're still dumb enough to buy ME3. We will keep this trick in our sleeve until ME4 comes around."

Pricks. And due to the interactive Saving Private Joker sequence, you can't just hit NEW GAME and go do something else. No, you gotta siddown and watch it all. Every. Single. Time. The horror...

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
this isnt my name said:
MercurySteam said:
this isnt my name said:
Fable tlc - ... It made me waste money, I loved it enough to trust LH with fable 2 and fable 3. I suppose I hated it set a bar that others havent reached, it had a charm I havent seen anywhere else and that has left me dissaponted.
This, this and THIS.

An RPG like Fable: The Lost Chapters will never be made again and it saddens me how Lionhead ran their own franchise into the ground when the time came for them to prove that the franchise could compete with other RPGs of this day and age. To make it worse, not one, but both of the Fable games that followed were terrible and were a waste of time and money for both the devs and the fans of the original fable.

Here's to the memory of the original Fable. May your glory be preserved forever!

God I am pissed I lost the disk.
A I recall, Fable: TLC became an Xbox Original Classic that you can download from LIVE for a reasonable price. I still have all (four) of the install discs for PC so I can play whenever I want.

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
In BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Portable, whenever you fight Hakumen or Nu (a.k.a. v-13) in Story or Arcade mode--primarily as Rachel. Also, whenever you fight "Unlimited" Rachel in story mode--I hadn't played as her until after I first fought her in her unlimited form, so I went into Arcade mode thinking that I could summon lightning without the lightning rods. Yep, that sucked.

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
As many people have said already, the fade section of Dragon Age Origins was completely unwanted overall. And come to think of it I also hated the fade section in Dragon Age 2. Speaking of Dragon Age... I was irritated by the how unnecessary the "Trial" before obtaining the urn of sacred ashes was. I was really hoping for something that would have (if I was really seriously roleplaying) made me realize that I had to stop murdering humans because of what they did to my glorious, master race, elvan ancestors. Instead I was asked what I think was, "Did you give up on finding your friend?" I was really disappointed I couldn't say, "He was turned into a dark-spawn and forced to attempt to KILL me!" or even something like, "A grey warden said he was gone, and why wouldn't I believe a Warden?" Oh well, This is a very petty complaint. I still enjoyed Dragon Age Origins.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
RoyalSorceress said:
Casual Shinji said:
Those demonic walls in Okami.

You have to headbutt them to reveal their weak points, but you only have a few seconds to memorize them before you can use the Celestial Brush and mark them. This isn't so much of a problem if there's only 5 weak spots, but some walls have like 12 of them.

I fucking hate those things.
Oh god yes, the one on Demon Island stumped me for three days before I figured out that the order was important not the exact position. I also hated trying to catch the swordfish in Okami.

Also, in Jak 2 I hated the mission where you get the second seal piece in the water slums. Although I did discover a trick that makes it so much easier.
I think I hated almost every mission in Jak 2, but I still loved the game though for some reason.