Part you hate of a game you love.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
The Jay-Z setlist in the first DJ Hero game. With all respect to the guy, those mixes were just boring. Mixing two rap songs isn't interesting unless they're mixed in a fun way, like with "In Da Club"/"Get Low" in the sequel.

Also, the low drop rate of hats on Team Fortress 2. I've gotten a total of two in my entire game time.

Johnny Reb

Sep 12, 2010
Xaio30 said:
Johnny Reb said:
Xaio30 said:
The movement speed in KOTOR. Amazing world and story, but running/walking is sooo slooooowww....
lvl 3 force run.
Massive screen blur = motion sickness.

Nothing I can do about that, sadly.
oh yeah i forgot about that. yeah that was kind of a pain in my ass too.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Karhukonna said:
Actually that reminds me; character creation in Mass Effect 2 and the fact you have to go thorough the whole intro bit and if you mess up, you have to repeat it several times some occasions. And the fact you can't have a proper look also annoys me also; same problem in Mass Effect 1 and Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. The annoying bit that really takes the biscuit in most of these is not only the lack of adjustable distance, but also the lack of adjustable light, leading to a lot of freaks I end up discarding irritatedly before I get it right.
Yeah, no game has yet got character creation good yet, no matter how much I like the game I admit.

Sigma Van Lockheart

Jun 7, 2011
Dr Jones said:
Sigma Van Lockheart said:
Hats. I'm going to let you guess what game I'm talking about hint hint it?s about 2 teams fighting over bases (fortresses) and it has a 2 in its name.
Wow, way to... Not answer the thread question?
Just to be on the safe side in case you did not get it. I do not like the HATS in the game TF2 but I like TF2 just not the HATS.

JC123

Apr 10, 2008
Extraintrovert said:
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee:
The difficulty. Again, I appreciate it now, being far more experienced and recognising its place in the "platform hell" subgenre, but at the time all I wanted to do was explore this fantastic, charming world but being hindered by sudden death every 7.3 seconds. Thank ZUN for infinite lives.
Amen. Part of the problem was the poor design involved - it was hard to feel OK about dying yet again because the platform is another half step longer than it should be, and you weren't sure if you were at the end and should jump now, or should run another step THEN jump. Exodus fixed so many of those problems, and I felt was a much more polished game.

Mr S said:
Red Alert 2:
There weren't enough missions.
I could play that game forever if there were enough missions :)
<=== Avatar :)

Mods are the best way to get more content. Mods and the skirmish option kept me going for years.

Amarok said:
Extraintrovert said:
Use_Imagination_here said:
It's also fucking impossible to kill all those hunters if you haven't saved up on ammo.
Use the gravity gun to hurl logs at the Hunters. It's far more expedient than bullets, and in the end the only time anything other than the gravity gun needs to be used in that fight is detonating the bombs.
Following from that, the buggy itself is great at running the bastards over :) granted, they do side-step so it takes some learning and missing is frustrating as all hell, but with a bit of practise its a tried and true hunter-dispatching tactic.
Agreed, car's the way to go. Hadn't even considered the logs. Don't know why you'd have a problem with ammo anyway though, given the number of ammo stocks in that section.