Participate in a Survey About Gender Diversity in Video Games

spoonybard.hahs

Apr 24, 2013
Asks if I would play a character that is a different sexual orientation than mine. Doesn't ask what my sexual orientation is. Has the survey taker made presumptions about the sample? If so, results will be flawed.

spoonybard.hahs

Apr 24, 2013
insaninater said:
Why does it not have a results section?

We should all be able to see the results, what is this?
It's not a poll like you see here on the Escapist. There are a number of sliding scale questions as well as fill-ins. Someone has to correlate all of that before the results can be revealed.

spoonybard.hahs

Apr 24, 2013
JimmyFury said:
The biggest flaw I found in the survey was that it never actually asked for my sexuality?
Me being gay is going to be a pretty important factor when it later asks how I feel about playing avatars with a different sexuality to my own or whether or not i feel represented in games. I basically had to answer these questions as a straight person who really likes gay people which seems like a really huge oversight for a survey about diversity...
Exactly! It appears that the taker has made some presumptions, which means the results will be flawed. I'm glad I'm not the only catching these.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
"14. I will buy games that support diverse character over games that do not, provided the quality of the games and other factors are equal"

Tricky question
If you strongly disagree that may be seen as if you do something reverse
You will buy games that don't support diverse character over games that do, provided the quality of the games and other factors are equal.
Not the best formulation
Sadly there was no "I really don't give a fuck" option :/

Wall Meat

Sep 6, 2014
I think I would like this survey more if I was allowed to put in comments. I'm really not sure it's very well constructed.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I think the questions were a bit leading, and indicating a certain agenda, but, overall, it seemed a reasonable survey.