Patch Released for Save-Corrupting Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Bug

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Patch Released for Save-Corrupting Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Bug

Konami has released a Steam and PS4 patch for the game save-corrupting bug, with a patch for other platforms expected to be released shortly.

Last week, The bug [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142309-Konami-Warns-that-MGSV-Bug-May-Corrupt-Game-Save-Files] affected all platforms, and impacted game save data when a player used Quiet as a buddy on Missions 29 and 42. These issues could be avoided if players using Quiet as a buddy used the Butterfly Emblem throughout the mission, or avoided raising their Bond Level with Quiet to MAX during the course of the mission.

A patch for this bug is now available [http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php?d=201509&id=678] on PlayStation 4 and Steam. The patch is undergoing final testing on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 and is expected to be available soon.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain released on September 1 for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS3.

[Source: Konami [http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php?d=201509&id=678]]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Great, now how about a patch for the bug that makes the game cut to and freeze on a screen saying "Installing Game Data, do not turn off system (x) seconds" after completing the prologue?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Again, using the butterfly emblem at all locks you out of [spoilers], so you shouldn't be using it anyways.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Scrythe said:
Again, using the butterfly emblem at all locks you out of [spoilers], so you shouldn't be using it anyways.
how do you even use emblems
I take it you mean putting them as your MBs logo?

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
teh_Canape said:
Scrythe said:
When you are in the helicopter (ACC), go into your iDroid, and there should be a Customize option at the top of the Mother Base tab. From here you can customize your emblem, change out your helicopter and choose a different paint style, change the color of Mother Base, and also change up your Avatar if you aren't happy with it.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I just got the patch on my PS3, sometime within the last couple of hours.

Clocked in at 162Mb, as opposed to the PS4 version's 435Mb.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
COMaestro said:
teh_Canape said:
Scrythe said:
When you are in the helicopter (ACC), go into your iDroid, and there should be a Customize option at the top of the Mother Base tab. From here you can customize your emblem, change out your helicopter and choose a different paint style, change the color of Mother Base, and also change up your Avatar if you aren't happy with it.
oh, that
yeah I knew that, I just thought they oculd be used differently as, idk, equipment or something