Paused #15

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
I've got to ask, what was the purpose of the Halo setting? The exact same joke could have worked anywhere and seemed to merely be a desperate attempt to shoehorn a game reference in. If you have a joke you wish to tell you can always just go the way of "Bumhug Parade" and drop all pretenses of having anything to do with games, there's nothing wrong with that and it'll stop such issue bringing the comic down.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Hahaha.... This pretty much describes myself and my two room mates. Although we probably switch roles on a daily basis.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Baron_BJ said:
I've got to ask, what was the purpose of the Halo setting? The exact same joke could have worked anywhere and seemed to merely be a desperate attempt to shoehorn a game reference in. If you have a joke you wish to tell you can always just go the way of "Bumhug Parade" and drop all pretenses of having anything to do with games, there's nothing wrong with that and it'll stop such issue bringing the comic down.
I'll be put on probation if I call people fanboy or idiot, so.. hello there, fellow Escapist :D . I'll try and answer the question. It's called Paused, so it would be weird if one issue would be in a diffrent setting than the other pages. Also, MOST (not all) people on Xbox Live are kinda childish, so I think that Halo fits this joke more than say, Assasins Creed. Also Halo is a pretty standard game setting, so people use it often to create jokes. Same goes for Garry's Mod. It's just easy to do it this way, and they have to do the joke in a game that is on Pause, because that's the whole idea of these comics.