Paused #16

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Andronicus said:
I don't get it. What's it supposed to do with the game?
It's not meant to have anything to do with the game, that's the whole point of this series :p.

Anyway, I wouldn't have known what this was a reference to if it hadn't been for my curiosity when I was younger, and the existence of sites like Urban Dictionary. So thanks, internet, for ruining my brain. Otherwise, great comic, very funny and keep up the good work :)

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Trivun said:
Andronicus said:
It's not meant to have anything to do with the game, that's the whole point of this series :p.
I think the humour should attempt to at least have some grounding in the actual situation that it's taking place in, like the Lara Croft one not too long ago where she thought "screw it, I'll just find one on eBay", referring to an actual in-game object in the cartoon.

In this one though, the pictures are just completely pointless. I don't mind if it's not actual game humour, but it just seems really stupid in this case to add "in-game" pictures to the joke in order to make it "game" humour.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I think this is a superb idea; what happens with the characters while they can't move? Only, you just re-write movie and TV quotes for them to say. What about that Tomb Raider one, with the bat? That was almost funny. Do more like that, using the whole "paused" thing.

If this is really all your material, maybe you should write a comic where the jokes actually relate to what's happening.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
If you think the pop up was bad, you didn't get to page 20. Did you know a Sarlacc Pit, when drawn with some imagination, looks exactly like a goatse?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Did you know a Sarlacc Pit, when drawn with some imagination, looks exactly like a goatse?
Gee, thanks. I'll never be able to enjoy A New Hope the same way again.

Sep 17, 2009
Trivun said:
Andronicus said:
"Paused - The untold stories of characters when the game is paused"

Is how the comic is described.

This leads the reader to believe there should be some reference to the game.

This point aside the comic is still not funny.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Andronicus said:
AvsJoe said:
Did you know a Sarlacc Pit, when drawn with some imagination, looks exactly like a goatse?
Gee, thanks. I'll never be able to enjoy A New Hope the same way again.
Just going to flash my nerd badge and inform you that that should be "Return of the Jedi," not "A New Hope."